i have two questions for sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

i have two questions for sox

where does the sox farm system rank with the rest of the teams.

what else do the sox really need for next year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU.BE GOOD TO OTHER PEOPLE AND HAVE A

GREAT NEW YEAR.  

MAC  OSWEGO NEW YORK.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

Re: i have two questions for sox

In response to soxyjim's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GREAT NEW YEAR.  

MAC  OSWEGO NEW YORK.

[/QUOTE]

merry christmas to you too.from westfield ny

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

The Sox could use Grant Balfour with an incentive laden contract for one year with the guarantee of no QO and keep him from the Rays, O's and Yanks.

Merry Christmas---thanks for keeping us all in Red Sox Heaven with your intelligent and thoughtful comments. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

GREAT NEW YEAR.  

MAC  OSWEGO NEW YORK.

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that our system is among the highest rated...

What the Sox need is another OF who can play all three positions as insurance if young Bradley  falls short...otherwise I'm comfortable with our roster as comprised...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Merry Christmas to Jenny, JENNY DELL from Forrest, FORREST GUMP !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Jenny said right back atcha., Bill Same 2 all you guys from me (but I ain't Jenny)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CoolIn response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jenny said right back atcha., Bill Same 2 all you guys from me (but I ain't Jenny)

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

The Sox could use Grant Balfour with an incentive laden contract for one year with the guarantee of no QO and keep him from the Rays, O's and Yanks.

having him for  1 yr would be great

but you can't makes any such guarantee

no need to in this case most relievers would be thrilled to get a QO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-I think our system is stacked.  I don't really care to rank because it is too difficult, and secondly, I don't care.  It wouldn't make too much difference to me if we were #1 or #5, so long we had a good farm.

2-I don't think we need anything.  I don't think we can improve on Carp as a backup 1B, or Ross as BUC, or Nava/Carp as our 4/5 in the OF.  We have a good rotation 1-7 and a good BP 1-7.

If I had two moves to make, it would be to trade Dempster for a B-level prospect, maybe a failing SP that can be converted to an RP.  That would give us some purchasing power at the trade deadline.

And I'd see if Bailey wanted to re-sign on a minor league contract.  Koji was simply unbeleivable, but it was also a very heavy workload for someone his age.  I think if you gave Bailey a mid-August opt-out if he was not on the RS roster, you might get him cheap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I agree on Dempster Joe.Maybe end o f spring training if we have no SP injuries and other teams have become aware that their SP sucks Have to say though, still nervous about center and lead off hitter, but time will tell Had questions las year and it worked out pretty well. Who  knew Lackey would become Tiant and Mothetr Theresa all in one? Well, almost!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We have not yet replaced Ellsbury, and Bradley is a dubious option. He cant hit like Ellsbury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have not yet replaced Ellsbury, and Bradley is a dubious option. He cant hit like Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

The jury is still out on that one..I think the Sox are just fine with opening the year with Bradley in center and giving the kid a shot. the kid has hit at every level and was never given the opportunity to get 100 at bats in consequtive games in the big league, so while his numbers in the big leagues to date are less than. none represent a true sample...End of the day if he struggles they'll have lots of in season options to replace him with. Starting with moving Victorino to center and acquiring another OF. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that, when you have the best team, you can't always afford to keep everyone.  I'm just really happy that our alternative to having to pay Ellsbury $154M is having a top-30 prospect to take his place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let us look at SS and CF this way

Xander will replace Jake's offense and JBJ  will replace Drew's offense. As for Defense both maybe better and at least the same.

some experts on MLB network have Xander rated as the break out player next yr with 30 HR and 100 RBI potential.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Xander will replace Jake's offense and JBJ  will replace Drew's offense. As for Defense both maybe better and at least the same.

some experts on MLB network have Xander rated as the break out player next yr with 30 HR and 100 RBI potential.

Jim, I have to give you credit for being an optimist :)  If Bogy has that kind of year everything would have been worth it but it's a lot to expect.  I also don't see JBJ replacing Drews offense as far as SLG or OPS.  We probably also lose depth with just Herrera since he played in Colorado and like most he had a 40 point higher OBP at home.  Herrera also has never seen the steady diet of good pitching he will next season.  I think you will see more changes to this lineup either before ST or shortly after the season starts.

The only way I see our team (as we stand today) ending up as good as last season is if Middy, Bogy and JBJ have solid years and we stay healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I for one am confident in Bogey at SS and though I am less confident with JBJ I think as a #9 hitter that can play excellent defense, he will do fine. I think the only thing I would be looking to do is a) Move one of the Veteran Starters, since one is going to end up as the 6th Man and I would rather have Workman be that guy and get the opprotunity to see spot starts from some of the kids in Pawtucket....that is always a fun game to watch.....b) I think we need a Utility infielder who can hit from thel eft side and hit RHP and play great defense...Herrera is not that guy....the 2 guys he would give a rest too in Bogey and WMB would never be sat vs a LHP. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

GREAT NEW YEAR.  

MAC  OSWEGO NEW YORK.

[/QUOTE]

The only thing that the Sox could use would be a very fast right handed power hitting center fielder.... That all .....not asking for much....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

GREAT NEW YEAR.  

MAC  OSWEGO NEW YORK.

Top 5 farm system and on some rankings they are the top farm system. Depends on what they want as far as needs are concerned. They could re-sign Drew but they just signed Herrera, they could sign another CF like a Sam Fuld type to have as insurance should JBJ not be ready, or they could make a hard run at Tanaka and then deal from strength and find future stars at positions of need. Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Years,from Bozo1 Vero beach,FL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. Not true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jim, I have to give you credit for being an optimist :)  If Bogy has that kind of year everything would have been worth it but it's a lot to expect.  I also don't see JBJ replacing Drews offense as far as SLG or OPS.  We probably also lose depth with just Herrera since he played in Colorado and like most he had a 40 point higher OBP at home.  Herrera also has never seen the steady diet of good pitching he will next season.  I think you will see more changes to this lineup either before ST or shortly after the season starts.

The only way I see our team (as we stand today) ending up as good as last season is if Middy, Bogy and JBJ have solid years and we stay healthy.

[/QUOTE]

...or we get Drew back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I can't believe more posters aren't ecstatic with how few needs the Sox have. Can you remember how long it's been since that was the case? Not to be in panic mode? I'm loving it.

We were the last place team just last season. We came so far around, we won the WS. This team is amazing, and for the most part, intact. I'm still dazzled by what happened. If we got the defense back at SS, we could easily repeat -- not that I care. I would love it, but it wouldn't kill me if it didn't happen. It's nice to be on easy street for a while, and just put the best team together with no pressure. JMO

Having said that, Tanaka is the only thing that MUST be addressed. He CANNOT wind up on the Yankees. The Sox need to do whatever they can to acquire him. Not that our team needs him per se, but the benefit of keeping him from helping the Yankees, along with not having to face him outweighs that fact. And it doesn't hurt to get an outstanding pitcher in the process.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe more posters aren't ecstatic with how few needs the Sox have. Can you remember how long it's been since that was the case? Not to be in panic mode? I'm loving it.

We were the last place team just last season. We came so far around, we won the WS. This team is amazing, and for the most part, intact. I'm still dazzled by what happened. If we got the defense back at SS, we could easily repeat -- not that I care. I would love it, but it wouldn't kill me if it didn't happen. It's nice to be on easy street for a while, and just put the best team together with no pressure. JMO

Having said that, Tanaka is the only thing that MUST be addressed. He CANNOT wind up on the Yankees. The Sox need to do whatever they can to acquire him. Not that our team needs him per se, but the benefit of keeping him from helping the Yankees, along with not having to face him outweighs that fact. And it doesn't hurt to get an outstanding pitcher in the process.

[/QUOTE]

Tanaka by all reports is a difference maker. Would love the Sox to extend themselves and sign this guy. My fear is he could be the shot in the arm NY is looking for and they my be willing to open the vault for him.

23. This post has been removed.