I Heard Theo Today: Red Sox are Built to Win it All!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I Heard Theo Today: Red Sox are Built to Win it All!

If trade presents itself will give up teams prospects!

Trade imminent?

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: I Heard Theo Today: Red Sox are Built to Win it All!

theo has built a monster team...we will win 99-100 games as I predicted...my only concern - the Phillies starting rotation

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I do not think that means a blockbuster deal.  a RH bat, maybe a Ludwick type, and possibly a reliever, but no Pence, Beltran, Jimenez. 

Of course, I've been wrong many times before...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: I Heard Theo Today: Red Sox are Built to Win it All!:
    [QUOTE]This would be true of course, they went into the season to win it all. Worrying about 2012 is not as important as winning now. Its a great time to be a fan of the Red Sox.
    Posted by BlindHomer[/QUOTE]

"there are none so blind as those who wear pink sunglasses."

thomas chalkley--1713.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]I do not think that means a blockbuster deal.  a RH bat, maybe a Ludwick type, and possibly a reliever, but no Pence, Beltran, Jimenez.  Of course, I've been wrong many times before...
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Ludwick looks like a vet that can help with power from the right side. Not many MLB players that throw lefty but hit righty...

Ludwick was traded for Jake Westbrook and Nick Greenwood, so they would want at least comparable players in return...

This would be his fifth team playing for so not sure what that means...

He is having a down year in avg and oba, but driving in runs, but looks like a new team will bounce his number higher playing at Fenway instead of the "extremly pitchers park" Petco Park, where is ranks 29th in hits and 30 out of 30 in homeruns...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If everyone were healthy, then I'd go after and reliever.  But with Buch on the DL, I think he needs to get a starter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

I heard it first from smiley

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If bucholtz comes back healthy, the Sox could use another front end pitcher out of bull pen, but that could become moot if Wheeler continues his resurgence. IMO Sox biggest need is another RH bat that can play RF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Get Cuddyer or Kuroda.
     If you can, get Pence. But only do a reasonable deal. In other words, don't sell the farm for Pence.
     Just get Kuroda. Please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

[QUOTE] Get Cuddyer or Kuroda.  If you can, get Pence. But only do a reasonable deal. In other words, don't sell the farm for Pence.  Just get Kuroda. Please.
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

You don't get Hunter Pence for a hand full of marginal prospects.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Win what?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

its in the title...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we make it to the WS, playing 4 of 7 games without Papi is a big concern.

We are built to win the AL Pennant. Winning the WS will be tougher.

Getting another top pitcher or great hitting RF'er (or SS) is unlikely, but could help offset the loss of Papi at NL parks come october.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Designate Reddick as everyday RFer, bid adios to Drew, call up Lavarnway, D getting better, let him spell Ortiz at DH and Salty and Vek at C. Best RH bat in their farm system, hits w/power and avg. Use him or lose him! Beckett, Lester, Miller, Aceves, Wakefield and Lackey doesn't cut it against the Phils assuming both teams meet in the WS. The Cubs are toast, Matt Garza would be a value priced #3 or #4. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]If we make it to the WS, playing 4 of 7 games without Papi is a big concern. We are built to win the AL Pennant. Winning the WS will be tougher. Getting another top pitcher or great hitting RF'er (or SS) is unlikely, but could help offset the loss of Papi at NL parks come october.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I agree, the only way my opinion changes is if we land a more productive bat at SS or possibly RF. 
    I would leave Reddick and go after a more competent SS with a good bat and some range.  Reyes would be a huge addition in my opinion but also give us too legitimate lead off guys which could create a problem.  Pence could also hide the fact Ortiz is missing from the lineup.  Those are the only two impact players I see us having a chance to get before the deadline, without giving up Jacoby. 

Beltran is a proven PS player but the Mets are insane with their asking price considering the uncertainty with his health and age.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

We need a good short stop for the playoffs ... imagine Scutaro in the playoffs throwing slow and mishandling simple plays.  That is the old Sox ... Buckner and all.  It s our weak spot.  Time to shore up the D and put somebody else at SS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Heard Theo Today: Red Sox are Built to Win it All! : its in the title...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Even though the glass is clear, the eyes are large ....

he still can't see.

Thus a Yanqui fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]We need a good short stop for the playoffs ... imagine Scutaro in the playoffs throwing slow and mishandling simple plays.  That is the old Sox ... Buckner and all.  It s our weak spot.  Time to shore up the D and put somebody else at SS.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

There have been so many cheaply hit balls get by Youk and Scuter this season. 
    This could come back to haunt us at some point.  A decent SS with range would be a huge help to our entire IF defense.