I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

As long as Tto leaves him out there with a lead dwindling by the minute I hope he never wins #200.  He had a 4-1 lead and had pitched enough innings to get the win but Francona feared hurting Wake's feelings by giving him the hook until it all came apart.  AGAIN!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

why couldnt he go on the DL? god I cant stand that creep

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Next outing for Wakefield is later this month when the Sox goes to Texas.  You can put that in the books as a loss since the Rangers absolutely beat hell out of him down there.  But might as well give him the start since we wouldnt want hurt his feelings. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200:
    [QUOTE]As long as Tto leaves him out there with a lead dwindling by the minute I hope he never wins #200.  He had a 4-1 lead and had pitched enough innings to get the win but Francona feared hurting Wake's feelings by giving him the hook until it all came apart.  AGAIN!
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

Wake is struggling to get there and it's not helping our cause but I do hope he reaches the 200 mark. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]As long as Tto leaves him out there with a lead dwindling by the minute I hope he never wins #200.  He had a 4-1 lead and had pitched enough innings to get the win but Francona feared hurting Wake's feelings by giving him the hook until it all came apart.  AGAIN!

Yes, you can certainly blame it on that idiot manager of ours. Take him out after 5 and he probably gets the win, but no, Coma has to leave him in until he pretty much gives up the lead. Right now I don't care if he ever gets his 200th because he probably won't unless we can score 30 or 40 runs when he pitches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He was cruising along and gave up a run. Where were you asking to take him out before???????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Yes, you can certainly blame it on that idiot manager of ours. Take him out after 5 and he probably gets the win, but no, Coma has to leave him in until he pretty much gives up the lead. Right now I don't care if he ever gets his 200th because he probably won't unless we can score 30 or 40 runs when he pitches.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

Why weren't you calling for his removal before?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope he never wins #200.  

I hope you never reach post 2,606.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not exactly stellar relief job by Albers/Morales, so in your fans hate (i mean haste, but sounds more like hate for the veteran) you forget that Tim actually left with the lead, and had thrown 5 strong innings, but hey rip Wakefield that's what you morons are best at doing. Rip the guys who do well, then rip the manager, but don't rip the 2 relievers who gave up not only the lead, but probably the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Yes, you can certainly blame it on that idiot manager of ours. Take him out after 5 and he probably gets the win, but no, Coma has to leave him in until he pretty much gives up the lead. Right now I don't care if he ever gets his 200th because he probably won't unless we can score 30 or 40 runs when he pitches.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]Yes, if he had only brought in Albers sooner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]why couldnt he go on the DL? god I cant stand that creep
    Posted by mvpyouk20[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Albers or Morales? Oh, you were referring to the starting pitcher? Idiot

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Yes, if he had brought in Albers sooner.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

that's right, five. The Sox fans were rooting to get Albers and Morales in there as fast as possible (one day after Aceves threw 3 plus innings, not available). Well, they got their wish. Nice effort, fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm sure that by the end of this game, somehow the majority of Sox Forum Nation will blame Wakefield and Francona for the loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure that by the end of this game, somehow the majority of Sox Forum Nation will blame Wakefield and Francona for the loss.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

if the Sox lose,I think we should blame it on Dice-K

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, mojo...poor Diva-K still can't shake the forum. Although his name hasn't been mentioned here in about 2 months. Out of sight, out of mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure that by the end of this game, somehow the majority of Sox Forum Nation will blame Wakefield and Francona for the loss.

DC,

The bottom line is Wake and Lackey are very hittable.  I love what Wake has done over the years but he is getting old.  All we can do with he and John is to pull them at the earliest sign of struggles and hope our pen can take over.

Our pen simply isn't that good outside of Aceves, Bard and Pap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : He was cruising along and gave up a run. Where were you asking to take him out before???????????
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

He seems to have a general pattern of giving back at least something after getting something (see when it was 1-0 Sox as well as a run of his earlier games). I like Wake and clearly he has done great things for this club, more than that for which he gets credit; but he had a healthy lead, he's been frustrated by this "chase for 200" not doubt.  Take him out after five and let the bullpen get some work.  True the pen stunk it out tonight, but then the middle (non-closer types) came in when a couple runs had been given back and there were guys on (comparable to a "save situation").  Sure to an extent that's their job, but clearly you pitch different then than starting with a 3-run lead.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Yes, if he had only brought in Albers sooner.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

LMAO ROFL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : He seems to have a general pattern of giving back at least something after getting something (see when it was 1-0 Sox as well as a run of his earlier games). I like Wake and clearly he has done great things for this club, more than that for which he gets credit; but he had a healthy lead, he's been frustrated by this "chase for 200" not doubt.  Take him out after five and let the bullpen get some work.  True the pen stunk it out tonight, but then the middle (non-closer types) came in when a couple runs had been given back and there were guys on (comparable to a "save situation").  Sure to an extent that's their job, but clearly you pitch different then than starting with a 3-run lead.
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]

finally, someone actually using their brain and you're right. Maybe he should have come out sooner, but the fact remains that it was the bullpen that imploded behind him. If Albers does his job, the Sox are still leading. Then if the Sox had won, people would have been happy that he got No. 200. It's all about how people perceive what they want to. Because of the inate hate for Tim on this board, people cannot wait to jump on him for every mistake he's ever done. He has mostly pitched well in this stretch of games, but things haven't worked out well for the team. It's not anyone's fault. It's baseball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : He was cruising along and gave up a run. Where were you asking to take him out before???????????
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I have seen the quote "he was cruising" about Wakefield. Everyone should know by now, including Coma, that Wakefield is a time bomb ready explode after the 5th inning. Once the top of the order getts a couple of looks at him and times his pitches they are ready to tee off on him. It is no wonder people think he would be more effective in middle relief.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Danny, I am not blaming Wakefield. I think he did a great job for 5 innings. He should have come out after 5 with the 4-1 lead. Then there is no telling what could have happened. That would have been his best shot at winning his 200th. I also wonder what everyones excuse will be when the Sox are playing golf in October because there is no way they are getting past the first round this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield would be most effective eating potato salad.

Bernie "Albers" helped this team a lot for a long stretch. He needs to move to the back bench or DL in favor of a fresh arm for a few weeks, and perhaps he'll get some life back.

Doubled Derby at Wakefield. After 2 big road wins and an opportunity to move into first place, Wakefield produces another loss like clock work. Blame it on the Arab spring, locust, a flood.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Your hatred of wakefield far exceeds any love of red sox wins, for sure...that speaks a lot about you..oh and by the way...albers gave up 7 runs, 2 charged to wakes...but wakes gets a no decision...i bet you that really makes you angrier, right?  Well, try a little harder, because you obviously know nothing abou the game of baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : I wish I had a nickel for everytime I have seen the quote "he was cruising" about Wakefield. Everyone should know by now, including Coma, that Wakefield is a time bomb ready explode after the 5th inning. Once the top of the order getts a couple of looks at him and times his pitches they are ready to tee off on him. It is no wonder people think he would be more effective in middle relief.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

Whether you had a nickel or not doesn't change that Albers blew up behind Wakefield tonight.   For all your wittiness in referring to Wakefield as a "time bomb", are you sure you were watching the right pitcher explode?

As far as I can tell, your posts seem to think that the Sox needed MORE bullpen tonight and somehow making them throw more often would have made it work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Whether you had a nickel or not doesn't change that Albers blew up behind Wakefield tonight.   For all your wittiness in referring to Wakefield as a "time bomb", are you sure you were watching the right pitcher explode? As far as I can tell, your posts seem to think that the Sox needed MORE bullpen tonight and somehow making them throw more often would have made it work.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Try to remember all of the previous posts by LaCourse and then decide whether to take him seriously. Otherwise you are spinning your wheels for nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts