I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : He seems to have a general pattern of giving back at least something after getting something (see when it was 1-0 Sox as well as a run of his earlier games). I like Wake and clearly he has done great things for this club, more than that for which he gets credit; but he had a healthy lead, he's been frustrated by this "chase for 200" not doubt.  Take him out after five and let the bullpen get some work.  True the pen stunk it out tonight, but then the middle (non-closer types) came in when a couple runs had been given back and there were guys on (comparable to a "save situation").  Sure to an extent that's their job, but clearly you pitch different then than starting with a 3-run lead.
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_aBN6wE80

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Where are the harness tracks that are open during the winter.. Make sure that you drop in to see Babe in Fort Lauderdale. Take him out to lunch for a beer as he pecks away at his laptop trolling BDC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Where are the harness tracks that are open during the winter.. Make sure that you drop in to see Babe in Fort Lauderdale. Take him out to lunch for a beer as he pecks away at his laptop trolling BDC.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Winter racing is common throughout harness venues.
    If you are referring to Pompano Park in FLA, I've played the park, but via simulcast.
    Same way Babe posts.

I'll be sure to send you an honorary wanna-be cop badge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*wanna-be cop badge*...fantastic post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I sincerely hope Wake shoots for 300 wins, if only to see Softy unravel further.
    A HOF induction and our beloved poster will be fragmented twine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Wakefield pitched past 50, and was still a Sox, my guest is they would start a website to beg for his retirement. Age discrimination.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Try to remember all of the previous posts by LaCourse and then decide whether to take him seriously. Otherwise you are spinning your wheels for nothing.

Just because I respond to a post doesn't mean that is the only poster I am responding to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]If Wakefield pitched past 50, and was still a Sox, my guest is they would start a website to beg for his retirement. Age discrimination.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

But think of the opportunities. A retirement RUBBER ROOM franchise, for starters.
    The potato salad wing would be directly off the exercise facilities.
    Both would border the new enema wing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

softlaw would commit chat suicide if Wake was on next season's roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I hope Wakefield reaches 200 at Fenway, as it should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought they could have nailed the runner at the plate with an accurate throw from Reddick on the sibgle off Albers that allowed Wake's 4th run to score.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : Try to remember all of the previous posts by LaCourse and then decide whether to take him seriously. Otherwise you are spinning your wheels for nothing.

At least I made a post that shows my passion for the Sox. A lot of other people are on here to laugh and make fun of posters who have a opinion. I truly wonder if a lot of you are really Red Sox fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I sincerely hope Wake shoots for 300 wins

Anyone contemplating Wakefield and 300 wins is in need of psychiatric medical attention.

We'll see, but have a feeling fans have reached the tipping point on the launching pad show. This 200 sideshow is a huge distraction, but loss after loss after loss after loss after loss is finally going to register that bringing back a paunched 45 year old with an ERA over 5 for over 2 years needs to be replaced.
    I'd love to see Wakefield in Tampa, like he said he would consider if the Red Sox didn't change his role and put him in the rotation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I sincerely hope Wake shoots for 300 wins Anyone contemplating Wakefield and 300 wins is in need of psychiatric medical attention. We'll see, but have a feeling fans have reached the tipping point on the launching pad show. This 200 sideshow is a huge distraction, but loss after loss after loss after loss after loss is finally going to register that bringing back a paunched 45 year old with an ERA over 5 for over 2 years needs to be replaced. I'd love to see Wakefield in Tampa, like he said he would consider if the Red Sox didn't change his role and put him in the rotation.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

You could accompany him...as his caddy. You'd make such a wonderful teammate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Generally someone who pitches in the majors for nearly 20 years will earn 200 wins, it does not mean they were great pitchers. Last I checked it was 300 wins that meant something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

wakefield is great and giving up homers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

All this over inexpensive pitching depth.

Years from now, fans will reminisce as they do now about days of Trot and Culp and Dewey. It's a shame some of the fans don't enjoy the living history of a Tim Wakefield.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Raymond Culp, notes of record below (as listed by wikipedia.com,) he was a good solid starter.

• Selected by The Sporting News as National League Rookie Pitcher of the Year, 1963[1]
    • Named to the 1963 National League All-Star Team and the 1969 American League All-Star Team
    • Led the National League in hit batsmen (12, 1965) the American League (11, 1970)
    • Led the National League in walks allowed (102) (1963)
    • Ranks 99th on the MLB career hits allowed per nine innings pitched list (7.95)
    • Ranks 95th on the MLB career strikeouts per nine innings pitched list (6.69)
    e

[edit]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He also had a terrific palm ball, which is a lost art.
    It was a great deployment of a change of pace.
    He won 50 games for Boston in his first three years there, despite never starting more than 33 games each of these seasons in a 4-man rotation.

Wake's history will also be recalled. As will those who denounced him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd love to see Wake go 5-0 (and not the Lackey kind of 5-0) with an era of 0.00 the rest of the way. Even if that could happen I would not bring him back next season. Get real.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If he finished the season like that, it'd be foolish not to bring him back.
    Knuckle-ball pitchers historically pitch well in their 40's. You, who claim to be a bit of a baseball historian, should realize this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Until the RS get impressive and reliable 3-5 guys (A healthy Buch is 1 of them), Wake fills a need; he'll pitch somewhere next yr IMO. I'd clearly prefer him over Cashman's most expensive flop (Burnett). He's still a viable pitcher, (and an almost HOFer), period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]If he finished the season like that , it'd be foolish not to bring him back. Knuckle-ball pitchers historically pitch well in their 40's. You, who claim to be a bit of a baseball historian, should realize this.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I did  a comparrison thread to Phil Niekro in 2009 but even then people wanted Tim gone. Tim is not going to get better imo. He is not Phil Niekro.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

[QUOTE]Next outing for Wakefield is later this month when the Sox goes to Texas.  You can put that in the books as a loss since the Rangers absolutely beat hell out of him down there.  But might as well give him the start since we wouldnt want hurt his feelings. 
    Posted by fenwayjack2[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Franc-Bona "the gum chewing Bone Head" doesn't want his fishing/drinking buddy to start crying after all - Way Back Wakefield has no idea when to quit. He obviously has no life because he just loves spending his summers getting the HELL beat out of him by opposing teams, and helping the RED SOX collapse like wet cardboard containers. Every year this crap hole team never has enough pitching because they have to use this BUM as a dirty homeless shelter mens room mop, as they limp into the play-offs beaten again by the Yankees and the two old fools they have resurrected from the Grave Yard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

Wow, only choice four letter words and many curses I can't use in public could describe the jerks ya'll are. Not only do I hope Wake gets win 200, I hope he makes you eat your own words and choke on them too. On a serious note, Wake is a class act, he's worked hard and was dumped by the Pirates and picked up as a "maybe he'll be good" I'd much rather have him lead the team in all time wins than that roider clemens.

Sections
Shortcuts