I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200

In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200:
    The thing with Wake is he's been here too long. We've seen his act too many times. Not his fault it just happens. People once felt this same way about Willie and Hank, they both stayed too long. After a while the negative images outweigh the positive ones. He pitches into the 5th or 6th and bam it happens. Out of no where two hits a passed ball and a homer.  He's like an old friend. You love'm, treat him kind, you wish him well. He goes five strong innings and you think wow Wakes back. Next inning he falls apart and the games is over another day another loss. He's not the same Wake anymore. We, including him, all need a rest.  Either way, may God Bless Wake.     
    Posted by proftom

If you get 5 decent innings out of Wake, you count your blessings and bring in Aceves.  Wake is a 50/50 shot at best, on every pitch he throws.  He's high risk and the longer he's out there, the chances of losing increase. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'll drink to that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Cafardo is reporting that Wakefield will be offered contracts for as long as he needs to break team wins and 200 wins marks. His ERA is irrelevant, Wakefield has been bumped to save embarrassment v Texas and will attemp to waddle a win on his 6 times is a goofball start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Cafardo is reporting that Wakefield will be offered contracts for as long as he needs to break team wins and 200 wins marks. His ERA is irrelevant, Wakefield has been bumped to save embarrassment v Texas and will attemp to waddle a win on his 6 times is a goofball start.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Got banned again?  I'll give you this.  You certainly are that tag-along everyone hated back in school days.  "Come-on guys... let me join, let me join."  BUT you are a persistent one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

hahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The thing with Wake is he's been here too long. We've seen his act too many times. Not his fault it just happens. People once felt this same way about Willie and Hank, they both stayed too long...

Willie and Hank got worse with age.

Wake has better stats after age 41 than before.

Simply put: Wake has better numbers than almost any other 6th starter in MLB. He's even better than the majority of 4/5 starters in MLB. VTek has the 16th best OPS out of the top 30 catchers in MLB. He is perhaps unmatched in game-calling skills.  Comparatively speaking, our 6th starter and back-up catchers are two of our strongest roster slots this year.  Yet...

Posters here choose these two slots on

our roster to bash and moan about

more than everyone else combined!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's called perception overrides performance and need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The thing with Wake is he's been here too long. We've seen his act too many times. Not his fault it just happens. People once felt this same way about Willie and Hank, they both stayed too long... Willie and Hank got worse with age. Wake has better stats after age 41 than before. Simply put: Wake has better numbers than almost any other 6th starter in MLB. He's even better than the majority of 4/5 starters in MLB. VTek has the 16th best OPS out of the top 30 catchers in MLB. He is perhaps unmatched in game-calling skills.  Comparatively speaking, our 6th starter and back-up catchers are two of our strongest roster slots this year.  Yet... Posters here choose these two slots on our roster to bash and moan about more than everyone else combined!
    Posted by moonslav59

I definitely agree with you about Varitek.  He is one of the best catchers that the Red Sox have ever had.  When he was younger, it was difficult to find anyone better.  He is getting older and can't play ever day, but is still a great help to the pitching staff.  We were lucky to have Wakefield this year considering all of the injuries to our starting pitchers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I hope Tampa is lucky enough to have Wakefield for 2012.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hope Wakefield Never Reaches #200 : If you get 5 decent innings out of Wake, you count your blessings and bring in Aceves.

If I could find 5 decent posts of yours out of over 2,600, I'd count my blessings.

Wake is a 50/50 shot at best, on every pitch he throws. 

Hogwash.

He's high risk and the longer he's out there, the chances of losing increase. 

How do you figure?

His ERA is 4.67 in August. His lowest month as a starter. It's 4.50 his last 5 starts with a 1.176 WHIP. He's pitching longer into games than any other Sox starter since he became a regular starter.
    starter on May 22nd.

The Sox are scoring an average of about 5.3 runs per game. I don't see how you get to his chances of losing are "increasing".

Wake's 2011 averages are about 3.5 ERs in 6 1/3 IP.
    Our pen is one of the best in the league.
    They let up about 1 ER per 2 and 2/3 IP.
    The norm should be about 4.5 ERs per Wake start.
    I know Frank Zappa "figures the odds be 50-50", but I don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Posted by S0ftl@w

Let's just hope he gets to 200 this year. I read the same thing and I threw up over my keyboard. Enough is enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Posted by S0ftl@w

Let's just hope he gets to 200 this year. I read the same thing and I threw up over my keyboard. Enough is enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's another factoid related to the Wakester...

In games after Wake started, here is our record:

13-5  3.28 ERA

In games vs the same opponent that Wake faced the game before, our record is:

8-2  2.90 ERA

Just wondering if there is any truth in the thought that Wake knocks the opponent's hitters "off stride", or could it be that Wake (and Tito) saves the pen when Wake pitches and it helps us win the next day. Maybe it's a little of both: maybe it's just voodoo...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Last year it was the fact Bard/Paps didn't appear in Wake's games nearly as frequently  as in those of other starters...even when he trailed by just a thin run.
    It was as if Tito was saving the pen for Buch, who often followed Wake last year.
    And as a result,the pen, which had depth issues last year, didn't blow a single game Buch started until August.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The sacrificial lamb.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts