I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......

I was thinking "So This Is How The Privileged Live"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......

Well if you do anything wrong in the next few days, at least you'll have something you can blame it on. 

The Chicken made me do it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

After Billy Martin was fired for the third time by George Steinbrenner, didn't the two of them team up and do a TV commercial together? The Red Sox should arrange to have Beckett, Lester, and Lackey do a TV commercial for Popeye's fried chicken. RSN needs a good laugh and give this soap opera it's proper priority. I think that it would be hilarious. Can we get Pinstripezac to put together a photo on this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good idea

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......:
    After Billy Martin was fired for the third time by George Steinbrenner, didn't the two of them team up and do a TV commercial together? The Red Sox should arrange to have Beckett, Lester, and Lackey do a TV commercial for Popeye's fried chicken. RSN needs a good laugh and give this soap opera it's proper priority. I think that it would be hilarious. Can we get Pinstripezac to put together a photo on this?
    Posted by UticaClub

Good idea. Maybe they get Theo & Francona too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......:
    Posted by nhsteven

Now you know, Steve, why Southern living is so often a place of privelege, even if you live in a ramshackle little hut.

Good mashed potatoes with sour cream and real butter, green beans cooked in fat back, iced tea sweet enough to use as syrup on your pancakes, hot cornbread, a slab of ham, and a dish of pulled pork with sauce kissed with tobasco and vinegar and dancing with brown sugar.

Throw in a mess of deep fried crappy, blue gill or catfish and you have a feast now and snacks for the next couple of days.

Mmmmmm ...

Livin' is good.

;O)

( I fixed a batch of chicken livers last night ... okra and creamed potatoes ...  what recession, what fall out at Fenway????)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

You men eat your dinner,eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken than a man ever seen
    oh yeah

-Willie Dixon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Mojo ... who's your favorite band member in Buffalo Springfield?

Willie's got it!

I can't imagine eating like I used to when I was younger.  Now, a drumstick and a breast ... and I'm good.  Back in the day, half a chicken, five or six fish (smaller ones), tons of rice and beans ... I never left room for desert ...

But remembering those days makes me smile!   Stomach too ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

I had beer and chicken during the WS game last night and the Sox didn't lose!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Amish Chicken and an Amish Rock Star

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The most devastating apect of this sordid drama is that I have had to sit here thinking about fried chicken and beer everyday for the last month.  My mouth is perpetually watering.  All I want to do is call up Josh and order a family meal and a pony keg of Lone Star.  It is truly maddening.  Extra crispy PLEASE!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by summerof67

Summer,

I just love those cat pictures ... soo  funny.

A lot of good smiles on this thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The most devastating apect of this sordid drama is that I have had to sit here thinking about fried chicken and beer everyday for the last month.  My mouth is perpetually watering.  All I want to do is call up Josh and order a family meal and a pony keg of Lone Star.  It is truly maddening.  Extra crispy PLEASE!!!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    I know huh? Every time I think of popeye's now I conjure images of John Lackey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

popeyes is good stuff but cmon Josh - the Red Sox post game spread has GOTS TO BE SWEET!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

"Anybody who thinks they can get Albert Pujols (which would give you 4 1st basemen), Felix Hernandez, and Yu Darvish this offseason shouldn't be name calling others." nhsteven Posts: 7370 I said: MadMc44, you can add Pujols but can we  also add Felix Hernandez and Yu Darvish? I know we're not getting all 3. Anyone who had any intelligence would understand that. But I do think we need a number 1 picture with a bulldog mentality. Here's the story nhstephen: you are the lowest common denominator. Your type can be seen throughout history. The Salem witchcraft trials, and   McCarthyism are a couple of examples. You think you are better then the rest of us. You think you know what is best for this forum. You won't accept any viewpoints that are different than your own. You want to police this forum and get rid of anyone you disapprove of and keep it for your "type" of poster.
    Posted by 2004Idiots
    You really should give it a rest idiots. You've been making a lot of enemies around here lately.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

carnie, I have no beef with you. You didn't attack me. Why get in the middle of this. There are individuals on this forum who like to bully others. I believe everyone should come to this forum and have their say. No one should tell a poster how to think and what to write. Carnie, I know you're a great Red Sox fan and so am I. No individual should take away the joy of coming to this forum to discuss Red Sox baseball.
    Posted by 2004Idiots
    All I'm saying is that maybe you need to put a couple of people on ignore. It works for me. Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

"Anybody who thinks they can get Albert Pujols (which would give you 4 1st basemen), Felix Hernandez, and Yu Darvish this offseason shouldn't be name calling others." nhsteven Posts: 7370 I said: MadMc44, you can add Pujols but can we  also add Felix Hernandez and Yu Darvish? I know we're not getting all 3. Anyone who had any intelligence would understand that. But I do think we need a number 1 picture with a bulldog mentality. Here's the story nhstephen: you are the lowest common denominator. Your type can be seen throughout history. The Salem witchcraft trials, and   McCarthyism are a couple of examples. You think you are better then the rest of us. You think you know what is best for this forum. You won't accept any viewpoints that are different than your own. You want to police this forum and get rid of anyone you disapprove of and keep it for your "type" of poster.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

First of all, that was on another thread; Second, didn't you already post this passage for somebody else? Perhaps even more than that? Can't you be original? In all probability you plagarized it from elsewhere. And why are you so into mis-spelling as a comeback? Amongst your rampant name-calling, at least you got yourself well. Pathetic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Now boys - let's all play nice in the sandbox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pop-eyes has some mighty fine sides too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to I Just Had a Piece of Fried Chicken And......:
    Posted by nhsteven

I had Popeye's three times since Lester named them. I feel like a 18 million dollar man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pop-eyes has some mighty fine sides too.
    Posted by moonslav59

I love the corn on the cob, and mac and cheese, but KFC definitely has the mashed potatoes.

Sections
Shortcuts