I Just Saw the Lineup; FIRE FARRELL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I Just Saw the Lineup; FIRE FARRELL

Get rid of this man, asap. JBJ sits, Drew hits and betts goes where he doesn't fit. Herrera to SS, Holt to 3rd, Betts to RF and JBJ to CF. It's NOT brain surgery!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: I Just Saw the Lineup; FIRE FARRELL

I think you are more perturbed than I am. And I am.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get rid of this man, asap. JBJ sits, Drew hits and betts goes where he doesn't fit. Herrera to SS, Holt to 3rd, Betts to RF and JBJ to CF. It's NOT brain surgery!

[/QUOTE]

Farkell is more suited for a desk job. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I thought Herrera was sent down?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me too.  ???
    [object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Seems like JF does not like JBJ.  The kid has been playing and he sits.  Not a smart move

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Herrera is a pretty smart cookie. He hid in the locker room and Farkell forgot that he had sent him down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Me three..

I think Farrell has lost it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Seems like JF does not like JBJ.  The kid has been playing and he sits.  Not a smart move

[/QUOTE]

It's nothing personal in JF's mind. He's into the Platoon thing and believes JBJR can't hit lefties, which so far he hasn't. However, how do you hit lefties if you aren't given more opportunities to do so? So I'm with you, I'd be playing JB every day v. every pitcher. At least give him 15 consecutive starts and see what the results provide.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's nothing personal in JF's mind. He's into the Platoon thing and believes JBJR can't hit lefties, which so far he hasn't. However, how do you hit lefties if you aren't given more opportunities to do so? So I'm with you, I'd be playing JB every day v. every pitcher. At least give him 15 consecutive starts and see what the results provide.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for JBJ, he doesn't have compromising photos of Farrell like Gomes and Drew have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for JBJ, he doesn't have compromising photos of Farrell like Gomes and Drew have.

[/QUOTE]

that's funny

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats your winning line-up?  I would put names in a hat and hope ? Seems you have to blame someone? Might as well be Farrell......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the stats Yaz, or Williams for that matter, had against LH pitching? 

I think the trouble with the 'stat crowd' is that too much emphasis is put on numbers. 

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much damage would be done to an every day player is he had to platoon depending on who was pitching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats your winning line-up?  I would put names in a hat and hope ? Seems you have to blame someone? Might as well be Farrell......

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm with you on this one Don.  Does it really matter?  Go ahead, John.  Tinker as you wish.  Its not like there has been one lineup this entire year to date that has remotely resembled something that could work for more than a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

amps, Platooning has in some respects killed things for many players. There is no way of knowing how many guys lost their MLB jobs or became pigeon-holed, never reaching their true abilities because of the overcompensation made by Managers/GMs to go with matchups over best hitter no matter what. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ampoule:  I know there is nothing personal, just kidding.  I agree that some put too much into stats at times and this is one of those times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Last year, when Sox were at best, I said many times that Farrell was a great clubhouse manager, but very bad in-game skipper... The games he loses by one run are outrageous...he was great as a pitching coach for Tito...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the stats Yaz, or Williams for that matter, had against LH pitching? 

I think the trouble with the 'stat crowd' is that too much emphasis is put on numbers. 

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much damage would be done to an every day player is he had to platoon depending on who was pitching.

[/QUOTE]

Williams....297 BA... Obp  .422

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no winning line-up, but this would be called a more losing line-up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm with you on this one Don.  Does it really matter?  Go ahead, John.  Tinker as you wish.  Its not like there has been one lineup this entire year to date that has remotely resembled something that could work for more than a game.

[/QUOTE]

That could be because Farkell hasn't made out the same line-up for any extended period of time. Doesn't matter really; even Earl Weaver couldn't win with this collection of slugs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I just saw Farrell, FIRE THE LINEUP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Guys.....the team stinks.  Who really cares if a rookie is sitting for a day....really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're already ahead of the OP, then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Williams....297 BA... Obp  .422

[/QUOTE]

Not that many lefties during most of Teddy's career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guys.....the team stinks.  Who really cares if a rookie is sitting for a day....really?

[/QUOTE]

Well, it does give the viewer something to look forward to.