Re: I just want to know from the forum.

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Halo vet here.

well conan, I tried to extend kudo's to you on being a halo vet. the mods deleted it. why? your guess is as good as mine. however, I did a tour in germany after nam and got to make some extra cash doing ordinary (lol) 3,000 footers and quite a few 800ft practice combat jumps. even a few jumps from a uh1h (4 man sticks). that said, I truely honor you for having the stones to jump from 30,000 and really fly, not fall until you deployed your chute at what? about 3,000? you my friend were totally on the jazz.............what civilians don't know is that it only takes about 2 minutes to fall that far............at what? about a buck and a quater an hour?

whooooooooooooooooooooooooouh!!!!

Halo is a video game.......

oh it is eh smart guy? I wouldn't know cause I don't play video games. but I sure as hell know what making an actual halo jump requires.

Relax......I meant no disrespect.  He was being silly and I was pointing it out.  I also don't play video games........  Thanks for your service.

your welcome. I appreciate you feed back. I guess I must appear a little naive. In all branchs of our military there are teams that make halo jumps. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would make light of my origional question. maybe I was wrong.

No problem at all my man!  I am ASSUMING he was being silly since all of his posts are of a joking nature.  Definitely not a thread where somebody should be silly though!  Thanks again for all that you have done and thanks for being there for this great country!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

got to admit I was thinking the same thing as Kingface12

to bad the computer screen doesn't show sarcasm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

well zac, like I said before. I guess I really was being naive. some of the guys who served knew what my origional thread was about. I wasn't at all looking for phrase or kudos or anything like that. when ever I see a kid playing a war video game at walmart I always walk away thinking that I hope that kid grows up and lives a nice long and healthy life and never (god forbid) ever gets put into a harms way situation. nobody should. thanks zac.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I did 20 years in the Navy as a Photographer mostly in the Far East.  The closest I came to combat was when my Helo went down and I spent two hours in the ocean and was lucky that a US Coast Guard Cutter was near by or it could have been longer.  We were in the Sea of  Okhotsk within sight of Sakhalin Island in 1983.  We were out there with 67 other ships, 3 US to South Korean and the rest Russian, looking for the Black Box from KAL 007 that was shot down by teh Russians during the Cold War.  Four Souls onboard and we all survied.  The water as 50 degree and the air was 55 degrees so we all had Hyperthermia but happy to be dry and warm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

so...who found the black box?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

so...who found the black box?

As far as I know no one  that water is 32 leagues deep they's never find it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Simple question and yet two posts get removed. Please tell me someone didn't come in here and attack the armed services.

Most likely. Try it on the Pats forum and youll be hi-jacked in seconds by Ricky--aka "Godverment". Athiest, anarchist, anti-military, anti-Semitic, intentionally inflammatory troll. A thread like this would be hit in literally seconds. Ive seen him belittle and slam vets in one anti-American rant after another. Hes the only person on all these forums I actually have on ignore. So yeah, theyre out there. Sick.

what's your reason for challenging my credibility

Maybe it's because you have a bag over your head Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

well zac, like I said before. I guess I really was being naive. some of the guys who served knew what my origional thread was about. I wasn't at all looking for phrase or kudos or anything like that. when ever I see a kid playing a war video game at walmart I always walk away thinking that I hope that kid grows up and lives a nice long and healthy life and never (god forbid) ever gets put into a harms way situation. nobody should. thanks zac.

I guess I really was being naive.

no Hammah29r2 you weren't being naive

I was the naive one didn't even know what the term meant

the only reason I knew it was a v game was because I googled

the term 2C what you guys meant

maybe conan was serious maybe not

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

LOL 67redsox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

10 years army, got out after last deployment Bosnia.

peacekeeping, rather than combat.

kriky baldy! I didn't know you had it in ya. 10 years? I'll guess you were atleast an E-7. and if you were an officer probably a capt or major. either or, nice going bro.

Thanks Hammah, was O4 and liked the military life, but the deployments were tough on family.

BTW I first learned about halo when I saw a patient in burn unit who hit electrical tower. Definitely high risk occupation not to be joked about

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

10 years army, got out after last deployment Bosnia.

peacekeeping, rather than combat.

kriky baldy! I didn't know you had it in ya. 10 years? I'll guess you were atleast an E-7. and if you were an officer probably a capt or major. either or, nice going bro.

Thanks Hammah, was O4 and liked the military life, but the deployments were tough on family.

BTW I first learned about halo when I saw a patient in burn unit who hit electrical tower. Definitely high risk occupation not to be joked about

thanks for your reply Major! or should I call you Dr? I had an uncle who was a mash surgeon right on the front lines in europe. thank you for your service sir.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

there were just a few korean war airborne vets next to me. their stories were pretty exciting. thanks to all the vets for their services

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I went to a Catholic elementary school that required neckties as part of the uniform and was forced to ride the same school bus as the public school kids, including a rather large bully named Dan.   Does that count as combat?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I went to a Catholic elementary school that required neckties as part of the uniform and was forced to ride the same school bus as the public school kids, including a rather large bully named Dan.   Does that count as combat?

depends, did he push you around, make physical contact? I suppose he could have used verbal attacks to, that would qualify (sort of like dropping leaflets over Poland in 1939).

Well I did receive the Purple Nerple...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to notin's comment:

have no idea what it means

but it's interesting that U pick Moe Howard

a bully 4 your avatar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Halo vet here.

well conan, I tried to extend kudo's to you on being a halo vet. the mods deleted it. why? your guess is as good as mine. however, I did a tour in germany after nam and got to make some extra cash doing ordinary (lol) 3,000 footers and quite a few 800ft practice combat jumps. even a few jumps from a uh1h (4 man sticks). that said, I truely honor you for having the stones to jump from 30,000 and really fly, not fall until you deployed your chute at what? about 3,000? you my friend were totally on the jazz.............what civilians don't know is that it only takes about 2 minutes to fall that far............at what? about a buck and a quater an hour?

whooooooooooooooooooooooooouh!!!!

Halo is a video game.......

oh it is eh smart guy? I wouldn't know cause I don't play video games. but I sure as hell know what making an actual halo jump requires.

Relax......I meant no disrespect.  He was being silly and I was pointing it out.  I also don't play video games........  Thanks for your service.

your welcome. I appreciate you feed back. I guess I must appear a little naive. In all branchs of our military there are teams that make halo jumps. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would make light of my origional question. maybe I was wrong.

/QUOTE]

Hammah, 

You may not be familiar with Conan but in all the time I've seen his posts I've never seen a true opinion, what short two to five word word one line inane comments so going by the source I doubt he's ever served anywhere but in his own deluded mind. 

Thank you for all of your service to our country.

Respectfully,

Hetchinspete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hammah, 

I'll be honest in stating I never did any time in the military. I was a child of the 60s growing up in the Vietnam era and spent a few years prostesting the war. I'm not stating my political points of view, that belongs on another forum not one on sports. The only thing I will state is that if I had thought the fight was justified I would have been over there. 

All that being stated I have all the respect in the World for those in the military who serve our country. After Nam I found it very sad that many returning Vets were treated as poorly as they were. Whether any war is justified or not, those who serve in our military deserve our respect for serving.

Enough of my ramblings,

Hetch 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

i can usually spot the bs posters and i take conan at his word.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Hammah, 

I'll be honest in stating I never did any time in the military. I was a child of the 60s growing up in the Vietnam era and spent a few years prostesting the war. I'm not stating my political points of view, that belongs on another forum not one on sports. The only thing I will state is that if I had thought the fight was justified I would have been over there. 

All that being stated I have all the respect in the World for those in the military who serve our country. After Nam I found it very sad that many returning Vets were treated as poorly as they were. Whether any war is justified or not, those who serve in our military deserve our respect for serving.

Enough of my ramblings,

Hetch 

I was out of that era.  Had to go register, but by the time I got my draft card, the war was winding down, and my number was not particularly high.  Glad I didn't have to go.  I'd have either hated it with a passion, or I'd have loved the adrenalen, and have gotten completely lost in the violence.

Congrats to those that served.  It's one of those things that those of us that didn't serve, can't be part of.  And there is no way to breach that void.  Part of me is glad I didn't have to serve, and part of me feels like there is a hole in me for having not served.  And it cannot be filled.

I remember working with someone who was with the NJ reserves.  He was borderline desolate that he wasn't called for Desert Storm.

Now, what a 'halo'?  I know I could look it up, but it isn't the same as asking someone that did it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

So you support going to war in Syria? Well noted.  How Liberal of you... though I doubt any Liberal likes you.

I wasn't banned. I decided I didn't like their site anymore... too National Enquirer for me.  Good to see you following me up on the Internet again..... trying to figure out people identities and habits outside this forum, creep.

How could you classify me as an extreme Conservative when I don't care about gay marriage, abortions, or church? Is it because I would support  dragging a Marathon bomber out onto a public square and hanging him by his neck.?

Burrito, I JUST put TV-boy on ignore in addition to a few others.  He's an irritant.  You might want to consider doing that.

What's really enjoyble is you can see that they've posted but it says 'you've chosen to ignore TV-boy'.  That, in itself, is satisfaction..it must really irritate him. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts