I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

Swisher eez gewd Greek boy!  We practically cousins!  You come to my car lot, I geev you gewd deeeel!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

A Bronx Tale...

Yankees' Derek Jeter looks lost at the plate, slump continues
    against Boston Red Sox, Josh Beckett.

Jeter is finished. The Yankee's were foolish to pay him on
    past performance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks:
    In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Hi smiley. How long before ARod gets pinched for that tainted popcorn stuff?
    Posted by chain-reaction

Maybe after the Tony Galea trail. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks:
    In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Source: Carl Crawford won't hit .132 all year. Kevin Youkillis won`t hit .148 all year. But what about Derek Jeter? It's early, but is it time to panic over Derek Jeter?
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817

What Source is that? Also, can you do more than just repeat yourself?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Posada is a DH and we don't expect Jeter to have the same numbers as ten years ago.  The team has enough offense, Beni one difference between the Empire and the Nation.....we don't panic within the first ten games.  Its a marathon and not a sprint, Beckett pitched well last night and the Sox got 2 much needed wins.  I assure you though as I'm here in the heart of the Empire.....there is no panic.  Have to head downtown, have a good day Beni--talk to you later.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx

Yankee fans don't panic within the first ten games?  Yankee fans are like all other fans.  Go have a look at the YES message board.  You will find the same kinds of comments you read here, just with different names.  You should stop pretending that Yankee fans are some sort of superior breed.  They (you) are as bad as we are. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Jorge Posada, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson combined to go 0-for-9 with eight strikeouts last night. Granted, no one was going to have a good night against Josh Beckett , but those three stand out for one reason: Just a few days ago, there was reason to believe all three were in for a terrific start to the season. Not now yank fans, sooner is on it's way.
    Posted by chain-reaction

And Brett Gardner doesn`t look like an everyday player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Aging must be in the eye of the beholder because the Sox have:  a SS, RF, and DH who are all 35, a relief pitcher who is 44 or 45, and a catcher who is 39. 

I hope the Yankees' "age" does catch up with them this year, but I'm not nearly as hopeful as the OP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Hey Mickey, in my opinion:  being realistic... Jeter and Posada are not everyday players anymore. 

Posada is a DH and we don't expect Jeter to have the same numbers as ten years ago.  The team has enough offense, Beni one difference between the Empire and the Nation.....we don't panic within the first ten games.  Its a marathon and not a sprint, Beckett pitched well last night and the Sox got 2 much needed wins.  I assure you though as I'm here in the heart of the Empire.....there is no panic.  Have to head downtown, have a good day Beni--talk to you later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : I ASSURE you beni the EMPIRE is not panicking.  You've made yourself a little bit more available I see.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx

Hey Mickey, in my opinion:  being realistic... Jeter and Posada
    are not everyday players anymore. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

Jorge Posada, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson combined to go 0-for-9 with eight strikeouts last night. Granted, no one was going to have a good night against Josh Beckett , but those three stand out for one reason: Just a few days ago, there was reason to believe all three were in for a terrific start to the season. Not now yank fans, sooner is on it's way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

Smiley indeed is the straw that stirs the drink. Bosox1941 is over there bashing Tito again. What a bad act.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I wanna see Derek Jeter's birth certificate !!! Is Kalamazoo even
    in the Yoonited States ???? I don't wanna see a certificate of
    live birth. Where is Kalamazoo anyway?? Has anybody seen it ?
    I bet it's in some furrinn country !!
    Seriously though.... let's get back to this planet .... don'tcount
    on Yankee age to slow them down !! They have a nice bandbox
    in right for their power hitters and they will buy pitching come the
    hot weather when the non contenders shed payroll. The Sox have
    a nice team, but unless guys like Lackey and Dice step up, we
    will have a fight on our hands for the playoffs !! { Especially
    Lackey } who seems to be a nice guy, with a rag arm ! }

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Crawford's got history and talent on his side though.
    Posted by chain-reaction

So does Gardner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Source: Carl Crawford won't hit .132 all year. Kevin Youkillis won`t hit .148 all year. But what about Derek Jeter? It's early, but is it time to panic over Derek Jeter?

I ASSURE you beni the EMPIRE is not panicking.  You've made yourself a little bit more available I see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : And Brett Gardner doesn`t look like an everyday player.

Hi smiley. How long before ARod gets pinched for that tainted popcorn stuff?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : And Brett Gardner doesn`t look like an everyday player.

Neither does Crawford.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A Bronx Tale... Yankees' Derek Jeter looks lost at the plate, slump continues against Boston Red Sox, Josh Beckett. Jeter is finished. The Yankee's were foolish to pay him on past performance.

It's too bad the Yankees don't have Scutaro or Lowrie to help him. BTW, aren't Crawford and Youk in bigger slumps? How's Salty working out?  What about that sweep you promised?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Your 2 and 7 I wouldn’t be beating my chest just yet.
    Posted by YankeeBill

It's 2-7 with upside whereas the 4-3 Yankees have mutliple concerns.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Yea Gardner is just awful.....cmon Beni.  You cried a bit yesterday when some posters were all over you.  The Sox take 2/3 from the Yanks and now all of the Yankees are horrible and the 2-7 Sox are world beaters.  Granted Beni, I have said all along I expect the Sox to make the playoffs but they aren't going to set any regular season standards in regard to the won-loss column.  You have been doing this shtick of yours for years now, isn't it time to post a little bit more objectively?  I told you I think you're entertaining and a good thing for this board but if you want people to pick on you less which is what you indicated that you desired you have to earn it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ckarlic. Show ckarlic's posts

In Response to I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Your 2 and 7 I wouldn’t be beating my chest just yet.
    Posted by YankeeBill

I second that..Don't worry, as soon as the Red Sox go on another loosing streak, Smiley (AKA Kim..aka Smelly behind) will be nowhere to be found.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I think it's possible for the Red Sox to be 8-8 after this home stand. Every team will go through losing streaks, it's just magnified when it happens to be at the beginning of the season. Not to make any excuses the 2 teams that swept the Sox are a combined 15-3 right now.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : So does Gardner.
    Posted by nhsteven

agreed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Neither does Crawford.
    Posted by nhsteven

Crawford's got history and talent on his side though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : It's too bad the Yankees don't have Scutaro or Lowrie to help him. BTW, aren't Crawford and Youk in bigger slumps? How's Salty working out?  What about that sweep you promised?Posted by nhsteven

Source:

Carl Crawford won't hit .132 all year.

Kevin Youkillis won`t hit .148 all year.

But what about Derek Jeter?

It's early, but is it time to panic over Derek Jeter?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks:
    I keep saying that sooner than later the Red Sox will take care of  Derek Jeter`s  legs and birth certificate. I keep saying that sooner than later the Red Sox will take care of  A-Rod`s hip and birth certificate. I keep saying that sooner than  later the Red Sox will take care of Bartolo Colon bad eating habit. Outside of New York noone is expecting Carl Crawford to be a .132 hitter during the whole 2011 season. Outside of New York noone is expecting Kevin Youkillis to be a .148 hitter during the whole 2011 season. Outside of New York noone is expecting the aging Jorge Posada to  have a better year than Yanks`killer David Ortiz. Outside of New York everydody was impressed witH Josh Beckett`s outing... Sensational!! Outside of New York noone is expecting a decent year from: Freddy Garcia, Phil Hughes and A.J. Burnett. etc. Finally a trivia question...  The last  team  to reach  the World Series  with a starting  SS 37  or older?

Your 2 and 7 I wouldn’t be beating my chest just yet.

Sections
Shortcuts