I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

War vets came back from VietNam expecting a hero's welcome. But the country was poisoned with distain and influenced by graphic images and lying politicians.
    Was it our troops fault for going where they were sent?

Human nature isn't always something to be proud of. -- Harness
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly enough, I posted just about the exact same sentiments on someone's (maybe Hammah?) thread about soldiers. I even said that I heard that some of those soldiers were 17-18 years old (kids). Not that being 19-20, or whatever, makes me any happier (I'm anti-war). I also said that they didn't even know what they were getting into, and were fighting against people who they didn't even know and had nothing against. It's so funny because you weren't even here, but we have the same point of view.

It's never about the soldiers, and always about the government. 

In Hammah's case, Babe was mocking him and the military, so he was responding to that. Can't blame him. Babe should have been removed permanently for that. IMO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. Thanks for your service Mikey
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thats much appreciated J-Bay.  Baseball is one thing and the arguments that occur due to the rivalry between the Sox and the Yanks but there is no excuse for anyone to mock the people that put their necks on the line for us.  I imagine that nobody and this board would and there was probably just some sort of misunderstanding as to what was said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks:
    [QUOTE]Kim , I hope he doesn't delete the messages on ur home page. I stand by what I said then. I think he linked my question as being a part of "mob-mentality". I don't blame him for his response, but his accusations against me were posted without thinking. My question was innocent enough. Sometimes posters get fed up and change what they originally stand for. If they admit to such an altered position, that's cool. Since I basically wasn't here this winter, I'm in the dark on this. Personally, I couldn't imagine Smiley posting under other names when he fought so hard to keep his own. Well, I see some clown is trying to ruin this board for others tonight. Looks like I'm gonna have to play school-dad. It's a shame infantile activity like this exists. It gives the good posters here a bad name.  --  Harness ---------------------------------------------------------- Harness, let me just say that I trust you above all other posters on this board.  I don't believe your comment was meant in any way to be accusatory. Again, I think it's a sore subject for him, and I don't blame him. He's been through alot. You would think after they had him "quarantined" last season, and he came back completely innocent, they would let it go. But they actually tried to do it a second time before this season began. They have no shame. I spent alot of my time here fighting to make sure they didn't succeed. I've always felt sorry I wasn't here the first time.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

War vets came back from VietNam expecting a hero's welcome. But the country was poisoned with distain and influenced by graphic images and lying politicians.
    Was it our troops fault for going where they were sent?

Human nature isn't always something to be proud of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]A Bronx Tale... Yankees' Derek Jeter looks lost at the plate, slump continues against Boston Red Sox, Josh Beckett. Jeter is finished. The Yankee's were foolish to pay him on past performance.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]man Beni, you said it...you gotta own this one if you're wrong....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]Kim, I am very sorry about this issue, but I am sick and tired when people question my integrity.... I only have one account on this Forum: Smiley Beni 2817... and that`s it. Kim, you`re my best friend on this Forum. I have great respect for you I don`t want you get in trouble because of me... but like I said, I am sick and tired when people question my integrity . Finally, I did what you told me. to do... and thanks for being such a wonderful person... God bless you! --- Beni --------------------------------------------------------- Beni, no worries!  I'm not upset with you. Like I said, you were just being tormented by the same thing over and over. You just took Harness' post as another attacking post -- and really, who could blame you?  I don't even think Harness is upset about it because he understands what you've been dealing with. I just want you to know who the good guys are here, since you always seem to be surrounded by the not-so-good guys, and their aliases. lol  I know I said I trust Harness over all other posters, but I trust you too!  I'm flattered to be your best friend. We've been through alot this winter, and we're going to get through this season as well. Good or bad, we love the Sox!  And I think we both know it's going to be good. Just give it time.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Stop conversing with yourself under different names man......You're better than how you act on the board.  Go under one name and join the conversation man, you have a good knowledge of the game when you don't let your biases run wild.  We are all fans man, I LOVE rooting for the Yankees but I can acknowledge their weaknesses as well as the Sox strengths. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : harness  wrote:  Kim,I admire anybody who speaks their mind w/o fear of retribution. I'm proud to be linked with you for that reason alone. "Smiley gets a bad wrap on this board", as I've often said, and I admire you for having his back. Don't ever let anybody intimidate you on this board. Like life itself, you have to have a thick shin to survive. Once people realize what you stand for, they will respect the fact you took a stand. Changes are comin' with this current forum. By mid-year, I don't think it'll be as problematic. Let's hope so. 4/3/2011 3:07 PM EDT Report abuse Smiley: Hey Harness, you`re the biggest Hypocrite that I have ever met.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

Hypocrite? I simply asked you a question. Is that ur answer?

Perhaps you mis-understood my post. Two posters claim (on the POOOOOOR LAW thread) that you admitted over this last winter that you post with different identities. That was THEIR accusation. NOT MINE. Am I getting through to you????
    I replied that, as far as I knew, Smiley has only used one identity throughout his time here.

Since they couldn't recall the thread where they said you made such an admission,
    I said I wanted to see it for myself, which is why I'm asking you now if you ever admitted to using other identities this winter. I wasn't posting during the winter months, except for a howdy during the holidays. If you've changed your position between then and now, I'm not aware of it. Hence the question.

I've had ur back all along, as you posted. That hasn't changed simply because I asked you an honest question. I took the position of defending you, yet your response to my question was childish and defensive.

If I accepted hear-say instead of finding out for myself, I never would have supported you in the first place....which is why I am asking you.
    Why do you have a problem with this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : LOL, way to turn the tables.
    Posted by Big-Thoughts[/QUOTE]

It's always good to give yourself a boost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim, I am very sorry about this issue, but I am sick and tired when
    people question my integrity.... I only have one account on this
    Forum: Smiley Beni 2817... and that`s it.
    Kim, you`re my best friend on this Forum. I have great respect for you
    I don`t want you get in trouble because of me... but like I said, I am
    sick and tired when people question my integrity .
    Finally, I did what you told me. to do... and thanks for being
    such a wonderful person... God bless you! --- Beni
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Beni, no worries!  I'm not upset with you. Like I said, you were just being tormented by the same thing over and over. You just took Harness' post as another attacking post -- and really, who could blame you?  I don't even think Harness is upset about it because he understands what you've been dealing with.

I just want you to know who the good guys are here, since you always seem to be surrounded by the not-so-good guys, and their aliases. lol 

I know I said I trust Harness over all other posters, but I trust you too!  I'm flattered to be your best friend. We've been through alot this winter, and we're going to get through this season as well. Good or bad, we love the Sox!  And I think we both know it's going to be good. Just give it time. Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : SB alias alert.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think he often has conversations with himself using his various identities.  He has baseball knowledge, he should use that to post obejectively and not spew nothing but biased Yankee hatred.  He could bring something more positive to the forum and take part in a more legit debate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stalking-points. Show Stalking-points's posts

I'm not worried. This isn't the titanic here, ther'll be no james cmaron movie about this.

Sox have plenty of time to turn this around while yanks will just turn their wrinkles around meat stick.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim, I hope he doesn't delete the messages on ur home page.

I stand by what I said then. I think he linked my question as being a part of "mob-mentality". I don't blame him for his response, but his accusations against me were posted without thinking.

My question was innocent enough. Sometimes posters get fed up and change what they originally stand for. If they admit to such an altered position, that's cool. Since I basically wasn't here this winter, I'm in the dark on this. Personally, I couldn't imagine Smiley posting under other names when he fought so hard to keep his own.

Well, I see some clown is trying to ruin this board for others tonight. Looks like I'm gonna have to play school-dad. It's a shame infantile activity like this exists. It gives the good posters here a bad name.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Forgive him Harness; it's been a rough night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ckarlic. Show ckarlic's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think we can expect too many answers out of smiley this evening.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

LOL...My prediction was right..I said that as soon as the Sox loose Smiley will go MIA...Don't fret, he will be back when the Sox win another one and when the Yankees loose another one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

[QUOTE]Tampa won't have dice k to kick around tonight bill.
    Posted by hotrod2[/QUOTE]

But you get Price

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

As a veteran of the US Army and Operation Enduring Freedom, I should hope NOBODY on this forum knocks the U.S. Military and the difficult job they are tasked to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks : Neither does Crawford.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Or You-kill-us, or Jitterbug, or the catcher who can't throw back to the mound.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Best.

(2-8)

Team.

EVAH!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To go off-topic for a moment: A question for Smiley:

I've been told you have admitted to using other identities on this forum.
    I remember you saying you never have, and I believed you.
    I was told you stated otherwise this last winter, when I was on hiatus.

Is this true? Or False?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I keep Saying: sooner than later The Red Sox Will Take Care of The Aging Yanks :   Exactly. Take this post, for example. How many times does he state that "outside of NY no one expects Crawford to be a .138 hitter"...same with Youk, etc. Does he really expect that everyone in NY expects Crawford to remain at .138 the whole year, or Youk, or whoever else he refers to? Does he really think that? This is where he loses credibility, and his minions prod him on to stir people up so they can show them the door. He doesn't know he's being used and that he is better than this. I see it.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

He'll have a completely different spin if a Yankee is hitting .138.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

Tampa won't have dice k to kick around tonight bill.