I Knew Cleveland Was Overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: I Knew Cleveland Was Overrated

It's not about playing overrated teams. Any win is a good win. It's about the Indians leading the AL standings, right now. They are overrated, big time, which happens a lot in a 162 game season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's not about playing overrated teams. Any win is a good win. It's about the Indians leading the AL standings, right now. They are overrated, big time, which happens a lot in a 162 game season. -- SoxSoldRed
    --------------------------------------

What does it matter now? They can't beat us this season. All teams will fall into place, eventually.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In Response to Re: I Knew Cleveland Was Overrated:
    The order in the standings will change dramatically by the end of dog days. Some people simply pay no attention to baseball history. The Indians are pretenders, even if they benefit from having KC in the division. The White Sox, Tigers and Twins will start putting some dents in the Indians. Should the Indians hang on, I don't think they will, they will be easily bounced out of the playoffs. No, this is not the 2007 Indians.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Yeah, those 14.5 games back Twins will really be a force to be reckoned with. All they need to do is learn how to pitch, field, and hit. A healthy Mauer won't solve all of their problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

Overrated how?  The are definitely not overrated because the Sox took 2 of 3. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Cleveland's not overrated; they were picked by many in the media to finish in the basement.

They've been playing quality baseball and have had some significant come from behind wins. But Boston is a much better team, one that beat up Cleveland and should have swept if not for stupid errors in the field. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

I said that the Red Sox would blow by Tampa and NY, back when they were in last place, if they had a 3rd solid starter to step and join Lester and Buch, and they all 3 stayed healthy for most all of the season. Beckett stepped up after the embarrassing 2010 fatgate, and the Red Sox are now in the process of blowing by NY and Tampa. The offense was already there, but AGon simply makes it that much bettter than at anytime in years. Unless one of the core players (Youk, Pedroia, AGon, Ortiz, Papelbon, Lester, Buch or Lester) hit the long term DL, the Red Sox will win the AL East, with ease. Every year, people start threads about pretender teams, with Cleveland (Central is a much weaker division but should Cleveland somehow upset Detroit and win it they will go no place in the ALDS) and Tampa and Baltimore, it was Toronto a year or two ago, leading the list of early pretender teams. The Tampa pen will not last through dog days, and their better young pitchers who have been up in the majors for more than a year or two will become more familiar and easier to hit as the season goes along. Tampa does not have the offensive weapons, even with the young call-ups, to survive dog days and continue as a true contender.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

There is only one true PRETENDER and it's not a baseball team!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

The order in the standings will change dramatically by the end of dog days. Some people simply pay no attention to baseball history. The Indians are pretenders, even if they benefit from having KC in the division. The White Sox, Tigers and Twins will start putting some dents in the Indians. Should the Indians hang on, I don't think they will, they will be easily bounced out of the playoffs. No, this is not the 2007 Indians.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

You guys beat a pitcher who just came off the DL, and you think you did something big!  Tribe is 8-4 against AL East; 4-2 against Sox!  See you again in August when Sizemore and Hafner are back and Santana and Choo have finally found their stroke (plus, you can deal with Brantley and the two Cabreras, too)! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I still cannot believe how many people picked the Indians to win it all during the off-season ... wow were they ever "overrated".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Even with the best record in baseball Cleveland isn't being picked to so much as win the Wild Card by most, so as long as they tout the best record in baseball the are underrated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I would imagine even the Indian fans are having trouble believing what is happening in Cleveland.  As for the overrated comments - you have to rated before you can be overrated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

A pretender is someone who says that AGon will be selling tickets in San Diego, this spring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

More like the sox are RED HOT!  This team is firing on all cylinders, and they are aided by not having lackey in the rotation.  He should get injured more often.

I don't see how the indians are overated seeing how they have the best record in baseball, but king isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I would say the indians are the classic hot streak team that fades at the end of the season like the sox always used to do.

Sections
Shortcuts