I know many here equate Middlebrooks with Longoria-but what should we do if that's far from true?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: I know many here equate Middlebrooks with Longoria-but what should we do if that's far from true?

I like Middlebrooks and think he still has solid potential but right now the Sox have another solid looking 3rd baseman coming up in Cecchini. Nice to have options coming up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: I know many here equate Middlebrooks with Longoria-but what should we do if that's far from true?

In response to hill55's comment:

Cafardo wrote: "While Middlebrooks always will have a healthy number of strikeouts, he’s never going to be Mark Reynolds bad..."

Which player does Will Middlebrooks most closely resemble?

Even Cafardo gets a scoop right on occasion:

[October 31, 2010 

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe....

• There is some doubt about whether Yankees prospect Jesus Montero will be able to handle a major league pitching staff. A "Yankee insider" tells Cafardo that he thinks Montero could be used in a big trade this winter, 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

At this stage of their careers, I would equate Longoria to Pie Traynor, and Middlebrooks to Joe Foy. On the other hand, I would equate Pedroia to Frankie Frisch. Now THAT's a conversation that would make some sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Trade Middlebrooks for Ike Davis

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Middlebrooks and Longoria both play third base in the AL East.  As far as I know, the comparison ends there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Middy has always had a very aggressive approach at the plate, not sure thats going to change much. If he had a better eye and pitch selection, being able to recognize a pitch, he would have a better OBP. Hes never going to reach his HR potential if he cant have better pitch recognition.

Bryce Brentz is similar in that he has an aggressive approach, but has always had a mid to high 300 OBP throughout his MiL career because of being more selective, whereas Middy has always had a low 300 obp. Never has had much plate discipline.

The comparisons to Longo end at 3rd baseman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

At this stage of their careers, I would equate Longoria to Pie Traynor, and Middlebrooks to Joe Foy. On the other hand, I would equate Pedroia to Frankie Frisch. Now THAT's a conversation that would make some sense.

I love it!