I know this has been discussed before but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I know this has been discussed before but...

Are there any odds on CC opting out of his Contract at the end of the season ?? Talk about having the Bull by the Horns ?? LOL... Looks like another great outing for a Guy who just happens to be in Contract Year !! Good Luck with this one Yanks and please keep those opt out clauses coming !!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

Re: I know this has been discussed before but...

In Response to Re: I know this has been discussed before but...:
    Yankees will either keep him or he will go West. No chance he signs with Theo.

Posted by billbyboy

Who said anything about him signing with theo?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: I know this has been discussed before but... : Who said anything about him signing with theo?
    Posted by The--Babe--

The Voices, babe.

He hears The Voices.

Not that anyone else does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

it's looking more and more like a CY Young award for the big fella !! That is going to hurt... having him win the award, get a bonus for doing so, opting out, resigning him for major money and years (because even more so then A-Rod they have no other choice), and on top of all of it missing the playoffs !! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

it's looking more and more like a CY Young award for the big fella !! That is going to hurt... having him win the award, get a bonus for doing so, opting out, resigning him for major money and years (because even more so then A-Rod they have no other choice), and on top of all of it missing the playoffs !! LOL
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

CC Safatass is not going to win anything.  and forget about hem-roid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

yeah ALaGatorAL

you nailed it

we in yankeeland are all in tears

about CC having a good
    yr

In Response to Re: I know this has been discussed before but... : CC Safatass is not going to win anything.  and forget about hem-roid
    Posted by donrd4

hey RSN

where did you find this guy

what a class act

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by ALaGatorAL

Do you have a crystal ball?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

With the way the MLBPA has set up player contracts, it is a no-brainer that CC will opt and and take even more money. He had already set a record for largest pitcher contract, and he will top that, because of how outlandish player contracts can get. If a player signs for that much money, they should be content, not chase after more dollar signs. He is following in the footsteps of A-Fraud.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

yeah ALaGatorAL you nailed it we in yankeeland are all in tears about CC having a good yr hey RSN where did you find this guy what a class act
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Same place Yankee Universe found "The Babe".

Friend of yours?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Sabathia is having a great season and is *younger* than Cliff Lee was when he hit free agency last year. What is the question? Whether he'll be content with the $92M/4yrs remaining on his existing deal or will exercise his rights to a richer deal?

I'm thinking the Yankees extend him. They have the money and the need, so why mess around? Perhaps something in the neighborhood of $150M/6yrs. But if the Yankees don't cough that up, somebody else will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

: Same place Yankee Universe found "The Babe". Friend of yours?
    Posted by soups

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Sabathia is having a great season and is *younger* than Cliff Lee was when he hit free agency last year. What is the question? Whether he'll be content with the $92M/4yrs remaining on his existing deal or will exercise his rights to a richer deal? I'm thinking the Yankees extend him. They have the money and the need, so why mess around? Perhaps something in the neighborhood of $150M/6yrs. But if the Yankees don't cough that up, somebody else will.
    Posted by thirtysomething

yeah I think most have thought

that CC will get an extension after this season all along

and that list grew once lee turned down his deal

no big thing

they will just have to find the cash somewhere ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

he has the Yanks by the balls.  He will definitely opt out, like A Rod did, and sign a huge deal to stay with NY.  They absolutely cannot afford to lose him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

CC wants Cliff Lee money. When Lee signed that contract with the Phillies, CC started thinking Big Year, and then opt out of his contract, hold the Yankee's hostage, and if the Yankee's don't give him a 5 or 6 year deal worth 25 million, then good-bye, and hello t the highest bidder.
    Now will anyone outbid the Yankee's the answer is NO, but again a player has put his team in the position to over pay or lose. Just like A-rod,  the Yankee's will have to pay more that they want, but will have to do it or risk losing CC. And if they lose him then they will have to go and overpay for another pitcher who in all likely hood will be as good as CC.
    So the  Yankee's are again held hopstage and will grossly over pay for his services.[Can you say A-ROD?]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Id like to see the Yankees be dumb enough to do what they did with ARod and re-sign CC for the big cash... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I meant to say in my previous post that the Yankee's will have to overpay for CC and if not then will overpay for another pitcher who WILL NOT be as good as CC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

CC wants Cliff Lee money. When Lee signed that contract with the Phillies, CC started thinking Big Year, and then opt out of his contract, hold the Yankee's hostage, and if the Yankee's don't give him a 5 or 6 year deal worth 25 million, then good-bye, and hello t the highest bidder. Now will anyone outbid the Yankee's the answer is NO, but again a player has put his team in the position to over pay or lose. Just like A-rod,  the Yankee's will have to pay more that they want, but will have to do it or risk losing CC. And if they lose him then they will have to go and overpay for another pitcher who in all likely hood will be as good as CC. So the  Yankee's are again held hopstage and will grossly over pay for his services.[Can you say A-ROD?]
    Posted by peanutandme

LOL....CC always thinks "Big Year", that's what makes him an ace. It's not like he's just putting up numbers in a walk year, he puts up numbers every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

to the-babe,   yes CC does always have a good year, and he is truly a ace, but the fact remains his numbers may be even better this year, and he reason will be because he wants Cliff Lee money and as any other player he does not really care who pays him or where he plays, only that he gets what he and his agent feel are top money. Remember aren't loyal to a team because they like that particular team, but it'as because of MONEY. I certainly don't like the Yankee's, but  if I were a top player and they[the Yankee's] offered me 30 to  60 million more than another[which the Yankee's did in CC'S case] then  you can be a mental midget and still figure out where I would be playing next.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Lets not forget those 3 loses to the Sox already ... and counting Tongue out

He is the Yanks problem to deal with.  They only got him to New York because of the opt out, so either way you look at it is was a good deal for the Yanks. 

Sections
Shortcuts