I Know Why Red Sox Are Playing like 2011 and 2012 teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

I Know Why Red Sox Are Playing like 2011 and 2012 teams

1. Either Francona is in club house and spitting seeds and has lost the club house

OR

2. Bobby Valentin has kidnapped the entire coaching staff and thrown all the players under the bus and called the 2013 a bunch of players who over achieved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: I Know Why Red Sox Are Playing like 2011 and 2012 teams

Well, at least you made an effort to be funny about it.

Personally, I've heard a rumor that there have been boxes delivered to the clubhouse this season, and the return address seen on a couple of the boxes was c/o Josh Beckett. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, at least you made an effort to be funny about it.

Personally, I've heard a rumor that there have been boxes delivered to the clubhouse this season, and the return address seen on a couple of the boxes was c/o Josh Beckett. 

[/QUOTE]

Your rumors maybe dead on. Maybe Beckett is in the club house. Something is wrong in the club house. The club house cancer is in club house. You maybe onto something here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Baseball is a tough game nowadays, you don't get to keep a roster in tact for many years. Its just darn hard to repeat nowadays. Team like the Cards, who have many Team controlled players, stand a better chance.  90 wins will win this division, long way to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

all I see is worst no hope with this team this year  FIRST TO WORST

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Yes, I too am completely shocked that the Red Sox decision to field a mediocre team lacking in talent has not resulted in success on the field. It's shocking I say....shocking!!

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Actually, this team may be worse than the 2012 team because it's doing all this losing w/o any major injuries.

ps    WMB being injured has actually made the team better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah I think in 2011 all the positive fans blamed the season on injuries... see the Texas Rangers today.... twice as many people on the DL then any other team and Prince Fielder is done for the season.... the Rangers are 23-24.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and Sox blame Minor league Middlebrooks a big loss  and just wait for JBJ to start hitting in the next few years maybe or Hall of Famer Sizemore burning the league up. Catchers receiving AARP. Pitcher willing to give home town discount only if it's at least 100 mil or more so he can be like rich Joey on the other team. Yankees can use him. Put some gasoline over this and watch the season burn. Fire not big enough we can add a lot more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

2013 was a wakeup call as a result of 2011-2012.

2014 is a hangover from 2013, despite the protestations that this wouldn't happen.

However, hangovers may not last a whole season.

At least that's my take.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

2014 is a hangover from 2013, despite the protestations that this wouldn't happen.

At least that's my take.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought it would happen all along. Nobody could repeat what happened last year, it was baseball legend. But you're right. This division is so crappy, all it would take is one good month to get into first, though I doubt that happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

At least that's my take.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought it would happen all along. Nobody could repeat what happened last year, it was baseball legend. But you're right. This division is so crappy, all it would take is one good month to get into first, though I doubt that happens.

[/QUOTE]

A 'good month' for this SOX team would be one loaded with rain outs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

nothing is going to happen unless we make some major moves, I’m talking trades not just one trade. we need to go big or else this season is as good as done. We need a #3 hitter who plays LF and a #2 starter. The need in the outfield is pretty self explanatory but the need for a #2 starter cannot be underestimated. Behind lester we have a good #3 in lackey and a decent #4 in peavy and an unreliable #5 in buchholz. Think if the playoffs started today, who would be our big 3? lester, lackey and who? peavy? no thanks. buchholz? depends which buchholz we are getting as he is so unpredictable and unreliable. Also, will he be healthy? My targets are:

LF - Stanton and Kemp: Pretty obvious choices, kemp we had interest in before the season. stanton we have always coveted back to when we traded manny. The marlins will likely slip out of contention by the trade deadline and the dodgers simply have too many outfielders and kemp is the only one with trade value. No one wants eithier or crawford. 

SP - Jeff Samardzija: Off to a great start this year, is younger than most available pitchers (29 yrs old) and has minimal wear on his arm as he entered the league as a reliever and then converted to starter a few years ago and he has 1.5 yrs of control left before we would have to resign him. The cubs are terrible and his value is at its highest right now, no doubt he gets dealt. Watching him pitch this year, there is a lot to like. He pitches deep into games and has some filthy pitches. Throws hard and looks like an ace on the mound. Also, he has never had any major injuries and really has had very few injuries at all. One other guy to consider would be James Shields but he is 4yrs older and is a free agent after the season. Samardzija is definitely the best fit. 

Sections
Shortcuts