I Like Eck The Broadcaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Re: I Like Eck The Broadcaster

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

[QUOTE]

Always liked Eck as a broadcaster.

I think Remy will return, at least I hope so.  I like his style and he and Orsillo have good chemistry.  I find Remy to be more a more personable color man than Eck.

Get used to him since I bet we've seen the last of the Remdawg on Sox broadcasts.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Eck knows his pitching, and he does make players on both teams more accountable for their plays.

BUT, I get real tired of all the "old stories" that he repeats and repeats when he is on for more than just a game here and there as a fill in announcer.

He also makes Orsillo a much worse announcer of the game when he takes him down the road of "moss", "cheese", etc.

For me the games are going to be tougher to listen to at least in the near future.

Ditto for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

I dislike Eck the color man.

Who wants to hear EVERY pitch in the game gone over? Some of us like offense. Not his forte.

In fact, in 2009, he was compalining that an opposing pitcher should be sat down. Why? Because he gave up a big home run to a Red Sox player on a ptich he should not have thrown.

I root for the team, and hope the opposing pitchers are awful and make silly pitches. Not Eck.

Some people liked him and some disliked him the last time he sat in for remy.  I guess it's a personal preferance.  

The announcer who irritates me the most is ken harilson on the white sox.  He is so biased for his team, it's hard to listen to him.

As long as this topic came up, I know it's not baseball but Tom Heinsohn is unbearable to me.  The ultimate homer and the ultimate bore.  He complains about so many d#$mned foul calls that go against the Celts and talks only about Celts' players.  Never gives any info about or praise for an opposing player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:

[QUOTE]

Always liked Eck as a broadcaster.

I think Remy will return, at least I hope so.  I like his style and he and Orsillo have good chemistry.  I find Remy to be more a more personable color man than Eck.

Get used to him since I bet we've seen the last of the Remdawg on Sox broadcasts.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't see Remy losing his job over this.  He did nothing wrong and came out with a clear, strong statement against his son's heinous actions.  I think he'll be back.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts