I Like Eck The Broadcaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I Like Eck The Broadcaster

He's enthusiastic, informed, not a homer, generally doesn't complain about the strike zone, and recounts similar situations to his playing days. He's also a MO worshipper, which, of course, doesn't bother me in the least. He even gives that scoundrel ARod a little bit of a pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: I Like Eck The Broadcaster

I've always liked Eck the best -- of all, any channel or network.  Tough circumstances, but I'm glad he's on for a while.

He truly takes you inside the game, unlike most color guys, who prefer to read player and team stats, or tell jokes or useless anecdotes, between pitches.

Plus I like that he gets irked when he's talking a baseball point and someone hands him a "promo" to read.  Thart happened last night with the Amica thing.  Good for him!  Rather than turn into an ad machine he stayed with the topic.  Then he said something like, "Hey, we're talking baseball here.  Give me a little more warning next time."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Excellent comments.  Networks in general tend to treat the fans like idiots.  I once heard Tom Seaver dissect an AB by Barfield.  After the first pitch, he explained what just happened.  Then predicted pitch-by-pitch what WOULD happen.  After Barfield K'd on an outside CB, just like Seaver said he would, it was inspiring.  I like to think that I study the game and all, but after listening to some of the real pros, I felt like an idiot.

And Eck is cut from that cloth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Always liked Eck as a broadcaster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Get used to him since I bet we've seen the last of the Remdawg on Sox broadcasts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Get used to him since I bet we've seen the last of the Remdawg on Sox broadcasts.

Gotta believe your right 67.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

He's enthusiastic, informed, not a homer, generally doesn't complain about the strike zone, and recounts similar situations to his playing days. He's also a MO worshipper, which, of course, doesn't bother me in the least. He even gives that scoundrel ARod a little bit of a pass.

I have always liked eck for the reasons stated on this thread.  I think he is a breath of fresh air. The mo thing is fine, he is a good guy but arod deserves nothing not even a bit of a pass.

I'm sorry for what's going with remy's family and that poor girl who was murdered.  Such a tragedy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Eck should stay as "the man".

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

So does everyone else!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

tellz it like it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I dislike Eck the color man.

Who wants to hear EVERY pitch in the game gone over? Some of us like offense. Not his forte.

In fact, in 2009, he was compalining that an opposing pitcher should be sat down. Why? Because he gave up a big home run to a Red Sox player on a ptich he should not have thrown.

I root for the team, and hope the opposing pitchers are awful and make silly pitches. Not Eck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

Who wants to hear EVERY pitch in the game gone over? Some of us like offense. Not his forte.

In fact, in 2009, he was compalining that an opposing pitcher should be sat down. Why? Because he gave up a big home run to a Red Sox player on a ptich he should not have thrown.

I root for the team, and hope the opposing pitchers are awful and make silly pitches. Not Eck.

That's exactly the point!  He doesn't need to be a homer!!!!  Everybody knows he's rooting for the Sox, but he makes the baseball call, & calls out the pitcher for throwing a bad pitch, despite it helping the Red Sox.  That's exactly what makes him good at this job.  You don't have to, nore should you be a homer all game long!!!!  Boring.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

Some people liked him and some disliked him the last time he sat in for remy.  I guess it's a personal preferance.  

The announcer who irritates me the most is ken harilson on the white sox.  He is so biased for his team, it's hard to listen to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I have always liked eck for the reasons stated on this thread.  I think he is a breath of fresh air. The mo thing is fine, he is a good guy but arod deserves nothing not even a bit of a pass.

I'm sorry for what's going with remy's family and that poor girl who was murdered.  Such a tragedy.

Ditto to everything you said, especially the final two sentences.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A lot of travel involved. I don't know if Eck would want the job full time.

Stabbed by Foulke.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I know, let's make " I LIKE ECK" buttons.Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

He's already said he won't do the traveling anymore, gale.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Thanks. That's what I thought. All this talk about him getting the job means nothing. Certainly, NESN is not going to insist on it if he doesn't want it. Anyway, I think Remy will be back sometime, maybe not this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Thanks. That's what I thought. All this talk about him getting the job means nothing. Certainly, NESN is not going to insist on it if he doesn't want it. Anyway, I think Remy will be back sometime, maybe not this year.

He filled in when Remy was ill, and I'm sure he will for next month, under the circumstances. They may do what they've done in the past, use some of the globe writers and announcers from others teams, on the road.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Eck knows his pitching, and he does make players on both teams more accountable for their plays.

BUT, I get real tired of all the "old stories" that he repeats and repeats when he is on for more than just a game here and there as a fill in announcer.

He also makes Orsillo a much worse announcer of the game when he takes him down the road of "moss", "cheese", etc.

For me the games are going to be tougher to listen to at least in the near future.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Eck knows his pitching, and he does make players on both teams more accountable for their plays.

BUT, I get real tired of all the "old stories" that he repeats and repeats when he is on for more than just a game here and there as a fill in announcer.

He also makes Orsillo a much worse announcer of the game when he takes him down the road of "moss", "cheese", etc.

For me the games are going to be tougher to listen to at least in the near future.

Love the moss and the cheese!  I remember seeing him pitch so the stories can't be that oldWink

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts