1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

I love Farrell, best we've had but...

Friday's Lester performance was weak to be kind. Anyone could tell from the 1st inning on that he didn't have it so why not try to win the game with anyone but him? Unneccessary loss in my opinion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: I love Farrell, best we've had but...

In response to jader's comment:

Friday's Lester performance was weak to be kind. Anyone could tell from the 1st inning on that he didn't have it so why not try to win the game with anyone but him? Unneccessary loss in my opinion

What should he have done? Pull him in the after the first and try to get 8 innings from a tired bull pen?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

What should he have done? Pull him in the after the first and try to get 8 innings from a tired bull pen?

[/QUOTE]

exactly..you gotta leave him in..can't kill the bullpen for one game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Just to be clear. Was it not Beato that gave up the tie breaking homer? Despite giving up 6 runs we still had our chances to win the game. 

Just a thought, perhaps when you critique the moves of the manager you may want to include a suggested move that was better. Lester struggled and pulling him early was an option however it would then over expose the bullpen and place a strain on who's available the next day and thereafter. A bullpen that is in a state of flux due to injuries. End of the day the starters 1st responsibility is to give his team 6 quality innings, keep them in the game and give his team a chance to win. His second responsibility when he's having a tough day is to go as far as he can without hurting himself and leave the mound having spent all of his available bullets (100 pitches). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jader is a troll and won't be back for the rest of this thread.  The idea someone is going to bring their BP in for 8.2 IPs every time the SP gives up two runs in the first is beyond laughable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This OP is one of the dumbest Ive ever seen. Honestly.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Because it is stupid to burn out the bullpen and cost the team 2 or 3 more losses chasing a single win...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

This is the one big fault I have had with Farrell even though he is doing a great job overall.  I can understand the fact we don't want to burn out the pen but it has cost us four or five games this season in my opinion, especially with Dempster.  Hopefully Peavy will help rest our pen and we beef it up a bit with a guy like Workman who can go long relief.