I Love Gomes, Nava, Sweeney and Carp but before we carried away................

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: I Love Gomes, Nava, Sweeney and Carp but before we carried away................

it's 11 days... to waste a year of control for 11 days is asanine.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Re: I Love Gomes, Nava, Sweeney and Carp but before we carried away................

11 days... its 11 GD days

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

he also hasnt played one day of tripple A

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

And its spring training... hes going to be a stud but chill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Is id bad that I want JBJ to fail so there is egg on the face once again... hows bill hall doing btw (JK as i just stated future STUD)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Why is there no calling for Webster to stay and replace a Starter... IMO he had a better spring than JBJ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

11 days doe 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

6 years is a lot less than 7 years minus 11 days wouldnt you say 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ownership is the steward of allocating revenues in a prudent manner.

Drew, Shane and Dumpster at 36 million dollars a year is not "allocating revenues in a prudent manner".

this should be your avitar... get it... its a harp seal... because he harps on about a lot... get it 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Drew, Shane and Dumpster at 36 million dollars a year is not "allocating revenues in a prudent manner".

Ok, those were not signings I was crazy about either but you are being intentionally ignorant when you neglect to acknowlege the Sox decided to pay a financial premium for shorter term contracts. They could have gotten those stiffs for less money per year by signing longer term deals, and opted against it. This will give them a chance to sign better players to longer deals in the future. Whether they do it remains to be seen but to portray this as a wild spending spree when in fact it was an intentional strategy is bullheaded on your part. You may not like the strategy, I have qualms about it myself as it seems to be too much on farm player evaluations and optimism, but it's a strategy nonetheless. 

I know that acknowledging that takes away from your chance to bang away with your fiscal responsibility propoganda, but it's time to get a clue on this point. Thanks in advance. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Why are we talking about JBJ--he's not on the 40 or the 25. Perhaps we should be talking about pitching and making sure we have the best 13  or 14 pitchers coming North.

Lester, Buch, Dempster, Lackey, Doubrount.

Hanny, Ue, Aceves, Tazawa, Miller, Bailey, Mort, Bard(maybe).

Subs: Ciriaco, Nava, Ross

Position Players: Salty, Nap, Pedroia, Iggy, WMB, Carp, Ells, ShaVic, DH Gomes

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

let's temper the mass hysteria over starting Bradley in the opening day Red Sox OF. The sky won't fall if the Red Sox have to pay a few million more in another half a decade or more.

Bradley's professional baseball career performance won't go way up or down if he's not sent back to the minors when spring training ends.

Gomes is the DH. Carp, Nava and Sweeney are AAAA players.

Bradley should be in LF. Who cares about extra money in 2019. Its irrelevent to a big market team like the Red Sox. Peanuts. They threw away $9.5M on Drew, so who cares about service time in 2019.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Jackie Bradley - Young MLB unproven talent who is a top prospect, moving up the system but never played above double A. (less than half a season at that)

hits well in 2 weeks of spring training = he has to be a MLB starter, obviously 40 spring training at bats is all you need to evaluate a player.  Spring training is all you need to see that if Jackie Bradley can perform well in spring training he must be able to perfrom well in the majors

Ryan Dempster - Major league proven starter, has had ups and downs but has proven for the most part he can consistant. 

has an amazing spring training, has one bad start = he is garbage, found in the dumpster and a waste of money.

This is Softy's logic, and yet he clings to the control argument, which has nothing to do with it.  But if we want to go down that road, then it is obvious that he doesn't understand baseball operations.  To see how the new CBA agreement has changed baseball, how it has much larger penalties for going over the luxury tax, draft bonus caps etc etc and then downplay the importance of long term strategic management is just iresponsible.  I mean the YANKEES are trying to cut payrolll.  THE YANKEES!!!

But yes when a player who is slated to replace Softys most hated player performs well in ST he wants to hand him over the keys prematurely.  But when a successful MLB pitcher has one bad start in an otherwise Brilliant ST he bashes him.

.....seems a bit hypocritical to me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

let's temper the mass hysteria over starting Bradley in the opening day Red Sox OF. The sky won't fall if the Red Sox have to pay a few million more in another half a decade or more.

Bradley's professional baseball career performance won't go way up or down if he's not sent back to the minors when spring training ends.

Gomes is the DH. Carp, Nava and Sweeney are AAAA players.

Bradley should be in LF. Who cares about extra money in 2019. Its irrelevent to a big market team like the Red Sox. Peanuts. They threw away $9.5M on Drew, so who cares about service time in 2019.

You put Bradely in Centerfield if he's in the bigs.  If anything you put him in right and stick Victorino in LF.  It's a waste of his talent. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts