i LOVEEEE this TEAMMMMM! Bring out the broooms for the YANKS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: i LOVEEEE this TEAMMMMM! Bring out the broooms for the YANKS!

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

almost feel pity on the yanks. lousy starters, no ace, jabronis all over the lineup, no real fans gauging by the flood of empty seats...old broken guys everywhere. how r they to pay a-roid to feed his family? but our sawx are great to watch and root for. victorino is a sparkplug. napoli is as advertised. hands of stone at first but will be a total masher esp once ortiz returns. could see both jbj and iglesiaas hanging around after drew and papi return.

Didn't see the game, but from what I've heard, Napoli was playing pretty good defense at 1B during the spring. Just because he's not going to be Youk or A-Gon defensively, it doesn't mean he's going to be a liability either.

Pitty for the Yankees? Never. Not even almost. Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

The Yankees will never be deserving of pity, under any circumstances.  They chose to stick with the senior circuit, they get their inevitable injuries.  They chose to stick with a disgraced and discredited fraud, they'll eat his obscene salary.

Nothing is more beautiful than the sight of a near-deserted Yankee Stadium with multiple innings left to be played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Crix plus 1000!

Commie this team is growing on me, we may be in for a much better season than I expected....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I will be really upset if they just yank the starting SS job away from IGGY! He has more ability in his pinky than just about every other SS the Sox have had over the last 5 years with the possible exception of Gonzo when he was here. As for his hitting he'll be OK he might not hit .556 all season but he could hit a respectable .250 and if he does he is more than an adequate ML SS. the only way Drew is put in is if they have a handshake deal in place with Boras,where if they give Drew the chance he needs to re-establish himself as a viable ML SS and for doing so the Sox get a bargain basement deal on Ellsbury come June or July. Anyone who thinks JBJ isn't a superstar in the making can cash in their fan card because just watching him glide back on a flyball this evening told me he is a very gifted OF. This team has a component that the Sox teams of the recent past have failed to procure Speed! With speed comes defense and small ball and though i know some of you aren't excited about the return of shaLackey I am!!! I knew after the first ground ball that was hit in the direction of the then SS De Jour Julio Lugo (the creator of the Lugo flop) when he was pitching that John was very upset,in fact I'm surprised he didn't chase him off the field of play! What a joke, and Scrubtaro wasn't much better. Finally they have a kid whose skills defensively are the likes of which John Lackey will endorse!!! Ground ball pitchers need fielders to be able to man their positions. Well after two games the Sox have looked good and if nothing else happens they have at least opened some eyes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Quiz

Can anyone guess the last time the Red Sox started 2-0?  

A. 1969

B. 1979

C. 1989

D. 1999

Answer below,.......................

Answer: D    :)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

almost feel pity on the yanks. lousy starters, no ace, jabronis all over the lineup, no real fans gauging by the flood of empty seats...old broken guys everywhere. how r they to pay a-roid to feed his family? but our sawx are great to watch and root for. victorino is a sparkplug. napoli is as advertised. hands of stone at first but will be a total masher esp once ortiz returns. could see both jbj and iglesiaas hanging around after drew and papi return.

hey BPSL, i'm sure nobody(well, except Sox fans Wink) felt sorry for you guys when you ran depleted lineups out there the past couple seasons..hey, that's what happens..the Yanks are in the situation they're in...gotta take their lumps and deal...man, Detroit's not gonna be much fun either Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts