I miss Reddick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: I miss Reddick

In Response to I miss Reddick:
    [QUOTE]http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21461889&topic_id=17392054 wow
    Posted by Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands[/QUOTE]

Reddick is turning out to be another mistake in judgement.  The most impressive of all is the fact hes hitting both lefties and righties equally while Ross "6 years older" is struggling to get OB.  Kalish better work out at some point or this trade could be a real shame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Gio Gonzales is looking good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: I miss Reddick:
    [QUOTE]Gio Gonzales is looking good.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

He sure is burrito, SP, RF and Closer were all the things we needed most and so far we have been stiffed on all fronts. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, Sweeney and Ross are NOT CF'ers If Linares and Bradley are ML-level CF'ers then why did we trade for a scrub like Byrd?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Name me one club that has two actual bona fide centerfielders on the roster.  Can't?  Thats because there isn't one (ok maybe the Rays).  Any team would be lucky to have two utility OFers like Ross and Sweeney to come in when the first string CF was injured.  Not to mention Carl Crawford, no matter what you think of him, isnt exactly chopped liver if you had to sub him into center.  This is really a non-issue of all the issues the Sox have.

And, forgive me if I misundertsood, but you were speaking of the goose egg in the farm system, so i assumed you weren't talking about mlb ready players, as that what is usually on the farm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, really?  Any team looking to contend has 2 CF'ers better than RS on their team right now - who knows what they have in the minors.  But I know what we have down in the farm - GOOSE freakin EGG!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

No one in AAA, but if you were a true fan, you'd be seeing what Brentz is doing in AA along with Jackie Bradley, Jr. in Salem. .379 BA with .500 OBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not saying Josh can't become more consistent, but last year after about the same amount of PAs as he has now, Josh was at:

.307  .357  .515  .872

He ended up at:

.280  .327  .457  /784

This year, he is slugging much higher than his start last year, but his OBP is lower:

.285  .344  .542  .886

I'm not saying Josh will drop sharply again this year, but I think making definitive judgements about the trade after 150 or so PAs is very premature.

Sections
Shortcuts