I Miss Tito Already

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

I Miss Tito Already

Most of you didn't agree with Francona's dealing with the bullpen, but tell me, how often did he send in a starter down a single run in the bottom of the 8th inning? We're going to be in for a long year if this is the way Valentine's mind works.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: I Miss Tito Already

care to eat your words now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to I Miss Tito Already:
    Most of you didn't agree with Francona's dealing with the bullpen, but tell me, how often did he send in a starter down a single run in the bottom of the 8th inning? We're going to be in for a long year if this is the way Valentine's mind works.
    Posted by Heff-17

What?? Are you serious? I was a little confused, but I guess you're calling Padilla a starter.  There has been no talk of him as a starter right now.  He's on the team as a reliever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already:
    Posted by georom4

But I'm sure he'd tell you if they sent the right reliever out there in the 8th the sox would be winning now.  I suppose he should also have had Ross playing 10 feet closer to the line and he could have caught Avila's double.  It's easy to manage with hindsight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Posted by georom4

for...? what's the offense bailing him out got to do with eating my words?

and Padilla is a starter, who isn't good enough to start any more. not who I'd send out in a one run defecit in the 8th inning, when quite literally everybody is rested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Padilla is a starter??? really?? did i miss that this sprring training? wt heck are you talking about?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

If Francona were manager, we would be 0-1 already...no pinch runner, no stolen base....no brass...and of course when is the last time francona's teams ame out ready to play in april?

truth hurts my francona bootlicker friend

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Padilla is a starter??? really?? did i miss that this sprring training? wt heck are you talking about?
    Posted by georom4

he's been a starter his entire career. he was a reliever in camp because he couldn't make the rotation. 'wt' are you talking about?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

so he is a relief pitcher now, right?

he does play for the red sox, right?

and its not like the sox are loaded at starting pitching so....what is your point again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : he's been a starter his entire career. he was a reliever in camp because he couldn't make the rotation. 'wt' are you talking about?
    Posted by Heff-17

90% of relievers are relievers because they couldn't make the rotation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

If Francona were manager, we would be 0-1 already...no pinch runner, no stolen base....no brass...and of course when is the last time francona's teams ame out ready to play in april? truth hurts my francona bootlicker friend
    Posted by georom4

...i disagree with Valentine, and say I would prefer Tito, and that makes me a 'Francona bootlicker'? I'm well aware Tito isn't perfect, but I would still prefer him over Valentine. Fail to see how that makes me a, quote, 'bootlicker'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

so he is a relief pitcher now, right? he does play for the red sox, right? and its not like the sox are loaded at starting pitching so....what is your point again?
    Posted by georom4

Point is that there are more reliable relievers to put in that spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : ...i disagree with Valentine, and say I would prefer Tito, and that makes me a 'Francona bootlicker'? I'm well aware Tito isn't perfect, but I would still prefer him over Valentine. Fail to see how that makes me a, quote, 'bootlicker'.
    Posted by Heff-17

seriously? we are playing Detroit against verlander...we come back from a 2 run deficit, and youre crying about francona?????? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : 90% of relievers are relievers because they couldn't make the rotation.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident

Not starters throughout their careers. That rarely works well, with some exceptions of course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : seriously? we are playing Detroit against verlander...we come back from a 2 run deficit, and youre crying about francona?????? 
    Posted by georom4

Lets  get away from this Francona,Francona,Francona... Dam ! We all know its Bobby  (Call me pretty boy ) V's fault.... Tito ,Tito,Tito,Tito.....We miss ya !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Sox lost by 1 run???  How did this happen?  I thought Bobby V's coaching prowess meant that the Sox would win all of the close games. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Calm down please......  I heard that LUCCIANO's is meeting with the "Big O" to determine the need for further "TRANSFORMATION" !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So, with the insurance for the Tigers on 3rd with one out, we pitched to Fielder instead of Young?  Walk the bases loaded w MCab and Fielder, create a force at home, and opt to pitch to the far inferior hitter in Young.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: I Miss Tito Already":
    In Response to I Miss Tito Already : What?? Are you serious? I was a little confused, but I guess you're calling Padilla a starter.  There has been no talk of him as a starter right now.  He's on the team as a reliever. Posted by greenwellforpresident
    I was gonna say this....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: I Miss Tito Already":
    Calm down please......  I heard that LUCCIANO's is meeting with the "Big O" to determine the need for further "TRANSFORMATION" !!!!! Posted by Bill-806
    Bill, the big O would have us score five runs, then give 2.6 to to the opposition just to show the rest of the league we're nice people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I thought that Valentine made all the correct moves. Two runs will not win a lot of games. No question the bullpen is shaky at this point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This one is clearly on Cherington, not Valentine.  Morales was OK, but couldn't prevent the sac fly by Fielder.  Aceves and Melancon were both awful.  So far the bullpen stinks. 

Great comeback by the hitters, who made it an exciting game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

This one is clearly on Cherington, not Valentine.  Morales was OK, but couldn't prevent the sac fly by Fielder.  Aceves and Melancon were both awful.  So far the bullpen stinks.  Great comeback by the hitters, who made it an exciting game. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

it's missing a swing and miss reliever like Bard/Papelbon. Relievers are in to get out, preferably via the strikeout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I haven't followed ST close enough to comment who else we could have brought in.

Beyond that, I don't think Bobby did anything of consequence different than Tito would have.

The steal of second turned out to not matter because of Sweeny's triple, where Lester was in his pitch count in the 7th I am pretty sure Tito would have rode with him too.

The difference was the bullpen not the manager.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If Francona were manager, we would be 0-1 already...no pinch runner, no stolen base....no brass...and of course when is the last time francona's teams ame out ready to play in april? truth hurts my francona bootlicker friend
    Posted by georom4

See, this is why you have no credibility on this issue.

Whatever Francona did or didn't do in regard to small ball or manufacting runs, pinch running for a player like A-Gon in this situation and stealing the base is at least the one move he did consistently. In fact, he did it like clockwork.

In fact, Francona would have sent McDonald earlier, not waiting for an at-bat.

Sections
Shortcuts