I Miss Tito Already

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: I Miss Tito Already

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already:
    In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : That's about right.  One of the things that the Tito-haters always got wrong is that, if just managed the game perfectly we'd win almost every game.  Verlander at home is really tough.  The line drive in the 9th right at the SS could've given us the lead.  If CC is healthy, maybe he makes the catch in the corner.  Two soft hits in the 9th.  Those are the reasons why the best teams in the league are only a small favorite over the worst teams in the league. Plus, I understand that Beckett is planning on telling Valentine that Fielder is a better hitter than Young, and not to pitch to him if you don't have to.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Fielder has a career .799 OPS against lefties.  It's not bad, but it's not worth loading the bases.  Bringing in the lefty was the right move, and the ball was not hit very well.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to I Miss Tito Already:
    Most of you didn't agree with Francona's dealing with the bullpen, but tell me, how often did he send in a starter down a single run in the bottom of the 8th inning? We're going to be in for a long year if this is the way Valentine's mind works.
    Posted by Heff-17

The bottom line is this ....

Last season we ended with a very slim starting rotation that eventually wore down the entire bullpen and offense because we either fell way behind, or couldn't hold a lead if we had one.  This season we may not be much better without some great efforts from unexpected sources.  Our pen essentially lost Bard, Pap and now his replacement, while Melencon's only AL experience wasn't exactly dominating so it's no secret we need more pitching.

That won't go away anytime soon if our guys keep heading to the DL and we certainly don't have wiggle room in our budget.  Don't expect miracles unless we make another trade or two.   If we do pull off a trade it will take young talent in return who we may need in the future so the deck isn't exactly stacked in our favor.  The guys we do have really need to stay healthy and play well every day if we expect to make the PS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already:
    In Response to Re: I Miss Tito Already : wrong.. he was a closer and reliever for the Dodgers before joining the Sox..
    Posted by seannybboi

he had 9 games of relief last year, for a total of 8.2 innings and 3 saves. forgive me if I found that unworthy of mention.

Sections
Shortcuts