I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters...

Who in the hell is that? Bill's brother?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to "Re: I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters...": [QUOTE]Who in the hell is that? Bill's brother? Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] Yeah that's frank806

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ROFL!  frank-806

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters...:
    [QUOTE]How about the yankees GM. He hasn't been around in a while though:
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

If he was still around, I'd recommend frankfromglouster... or Bill's brother.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I may have to classic with the starting 5 pitchers:

1)  softlaw
    2)  SinceYaz  (our Gary Peters)
    3)  Promise4You  (Tiant avatar, no brainer)
    4)  MikeNagy (it is in the name)
    5)  SpacemanEephus  (again with the avatar)

Middle Relief Corps:

1)  craze4sox
    2)  bald-predictions
    3)  carnie
    4)  Harv53 (8th inning only, no messing around)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Seriously, how do you put together a rotation and NOT inlcude SpacemanEephus?

We do need carnie on this team somewhere, so don't bump him from the rotation unless you have something else in mind.  Even 3rd base coach would be acceptable.

Also, I think moonslav can both hit cleanup and pitch, sort of like a modern day Rick Ankiel.  Except with pitching.  And hitting cleanup. And maybe being a little less modern.

When Ankiel starts doing all those things, the comparison will work better...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters...:
    [QUOTE]I may have to classic with the starting 5 pitchers: 1)   softlaw 2)  SinceYaz 3)  Promise4You 4)  antibody 5)  carnie Middle Relief Corps: 1)   craze4sox 2)   bald-predictions 3)   harv-53
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, BT, but I'm not a pitcher. Second base was my best position. Loved nothing better than turning a double play. "Git yo-ah head down Sukaaah, ha ha!!!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I don't mind the bullpen, as long as I can sit in my chair.

Do you think no pop Nagy will make the lineup, or is he still on the DL?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, how do you put together a rotation and NOT inlcude SpacemanEephus? We do need carnie on this team somewhere, so don't bump him from the rotation unless you have something else in mind.  Even 3rd base coach would be acceptable. Also, I think moonslav can both hit cleanup and pitch, sort of like a modern day Rick Ankiel.  Except with pitching.  And hitting cleanup. And maybe being a little less modern. When Ankiel starts doing all those things, the comparison will work better...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Got it, and anitbody goes to utility

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mind the bullpen, as long as I can sit in my chair. Do you think no pop Nagy will make the lineup, or is he still on the DL?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

That is why I have you there, reading the Sunday paper in your chair, not just any chair but your bullpen chair.... your chair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy needs to be the no-hit defensive SS or the "wire-to-wire" Lugo type SS. He's ranted enough about how pitching is not important. That should disqualify him as a pitcher.

expitch should be the #1 starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need help filling out my line-up card for the Yankee Posters... : Got it, and anitbody goes to utility
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Perfect. I don't have to work every day and i might even deliver a clutch hit once in a while. BTW, my favorite player when I was a kid was Dalton Jones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Babe could be George Costanza.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]softy needs to be the no-hit defensive SS or the "wire-to-wire" Lugo type SS. He's ranted enough about how pitching is not important. That should disqualify him as a pitcher. expitch should be the #1 starter.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I think he would be good as an aged knuckleballer; how about SoftyWaste? Gosh, I miss Harness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The Yankee pitchers are way more dominant on the board than the Sox. Makes it seem like there's two pitchers in every spot taking turns pitching as opposed to the Sox pitchers. And if you count the aliases in the "unknown" section of the bullpen ready to jump in anytime, that's a winning combination. Sox lose, at least on this board...oh, and Sawxheads.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]softy needs to be the no-hit defensive SS or the "wire-to-wire" Lugo type SS. He's ranted enough about how pitching is not important. That should disqualify him as a pitcher. expitch should be the #1 starter.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I had ex as the know it all pitching coach  (humor)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Has JBay as a #2 starter, who really mostly posts in the game threads. Leaves his favorites (some not well-liked) off the list in place of others, seemingly lauds the Yankee fans, apparently not even sure of Mikey's aliases after making his list of Pikes, and actually says there aren't many (lol), slams my posts to Yankee fans, not that it's shocking but it fits. Even falls short of taking a shot at his favorite target 2004Idiots.

I'd say your bid to help your posts from being deleted is officially in. You can't say you don't believe it after this thread.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I guess. You'll never see a sentence like that under anything I post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think moonslav should be not in the lineup but on the payroll as the numbers-crunching roster adviser...yes, he should be Bill James.  With some of the team's famous minions helping him with the data printouts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's working already. Good for you, Burrito. You're welcome for pointing it out to the group for whom it was intended. And, as it appears, he had no other comment for the board. I think you're in. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]How about the yankees GM. He hasn't been around in a while though:
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE] we'll trade him straight up for your 90th round draft  pick....Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I think moonslav should be not in the lineup but on the payroll as the numbers-crunching roster adviser...yes, he should be Bill James.  With some of the team's famous minions helping him with the data printouts.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I think GM is moonslav59's true calling but I just could not go that deep into the organizational aspect of the team.... not enough Yankee posters to counter.

Sections
Shortcuts