I predict Aceves will be gone...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I predict Aceves will be gone...

Can't see him lasting much longer. Bad pitching and bad attitude

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: I predict Aceves will be gone...

Aceves should not be released!

He needs the winter and a new manager and he will be fine. You might have a bad attitude if you had to put up with Valentine. He's been abused by Valentine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

He's getting hammered every time he goes out lately. He also is acting unprofessional when things don't go his way. Do your job.....his lousy pitching is BV's fault?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i hope so

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ice---I just saw his snub again of V on the post game show. He should be suspended again, this time for the remainder of the season. There is no reason for him continuing this behavior and for BV to have to be publicly humiliated by him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ice---I just saw his snub again of V on the post game show. He should be suspended again, this time for the remainder of the season. There is no reason for him continuing this behavior and for BV to have to be publicly humiliated by him.

[/QUOTE]

MM44, I couldn't agree more, except nevermind just a suspension, I think Aceves should  also be released immediately for conduct detrimental to the organization. The suspension would negate him getting paid for the rest of the season and the release would get him out of town on another self-paid plane ticket.

This snubbing of the manager, on multiple occasions, is childish and should not be tolerated by Cherington and especially not by Bobby V.

Why is Valentine letting this imbecile show him up like this...this is the 2nd time after his suspension that he's showed him up. These antics can not be tolerated for the good of the team and if Aceves returns in 2013 with or without Valentine in the managers chair then the Sox FO is missing the boat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MM44, I couldn't agree more, except nevermind just a suspension, I think Aceves should  also be released immediately for conduct detrimental to the organization. The suspension would negate him getting paid for the rest of the season and the release would get him out of town on another self-paid plane ticket.

This snubbing of the manager, on multiple occasions, is childish and should not be tolerated by Cherington and especially not by Bobby V.

Why is Valentine letting this imbecile show him up like this...this is the 2nd time after his suspension that he's showed him up. These antics can not be tolerated for the good of the team and if Aceves returns in 2013 with or without Valentine in the managers chair then the Sox FO is missing the boat.

[/QUOTE]
    He Dose Need To Go, If BV Is To Chicken To Stand Up Then Ben&Cherries Needs To Step
    In And Tell This Cat To Chit Or Get Off The Pot...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes proved to be a selfish Me Me Me player...Ship him out today and send the message that no player will pull that crap here and have a job. Would any player show up Belichick and still have a job? I say its time topart ways with Ace. hes more than worn out his welcome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I forsaw his departure over the winter a day BEFORE his explosion with the manager. I should be envied for my amazing foresight. If you paid attention to what happened in the Spring, his performance, and know anything at all about baseball you would have seen it to.

Na na na boo boo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

can't believe folks blame BV for aceves' attitude or his pitching.  aceves had a history of this behavior which is why he was available to be picked up by red sox in first place.  he needs to go, we've seen enough.  whatever bug crawled in his ear is still there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

You don't fire the manager because a player is an ahole.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

the least he could do to remain with team is make an apology for the antics today. You don't disrespect your boss like that. Even if you think he isn't the right boss for the job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

He should be suspneded for the remainder of the season, and given his outright release 10 seconds after the last out of the last game.

If that doesn't/can't happen, if I'm Valentine, he doesn't pitch the remainder of the season.  I don't care if they have a 25 inning game and have to put 4 position players in to finish it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Which is it? Two posts earlier you stated that he should not be released and it's the manager.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

can't believe folks blame BV for aceves' attitude or his pitching.  aceves had a history of this behavior which is why he was available to be picked up by red sox in first place.  he needs to go, we've seen enough.  whatever bug crawled in his ear is still there.

[/QUOTE]

I hear this now from both the ny & boston press

but never heard of any problems when he was w/yanks

[/QUOTE]Let's not forget the reason ny failed to offer him a contract.

"bad back" ring a bell?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Oh please. The guy is a hot-headed, spoiled child. His tantrums are so unprofessional and sometthing the Sox can do without.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

he should have been released right after the game, this isnt the first time he has acted unprofessionally, its why the yankees released him too. you simply cannot put up with that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

I can't believe he's still in Boston.  Personally?, I would have released him after his first tantrum a couple weeks ago.  He's making the Sox look spineless having to put up with his crap.  He is just not a team player.  I mean, really, he was pissed about not closing the DAY AFTER getting torched for 5 runs.  Complete headcase.  DUMP HIM NOW!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

He needs the winter and a new manager and he will be fine. You might have a bad attitude if you had to put up with Valentine. He's been abused by Valentine.

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.  Bobby V has been enormously supportive of Aceves since ST when he wanted him to be a starter but the FO wanted Bard, so he gave him the closer's job and stuck with him despite early disasters.  Aceves' explosion last month occurred when Bobby V alerted him Bailey would close that night--a move Aceves strenuously objected to even though he had blown a save the night before, thrown 37 pitches, and gave up several runs.  Hard to see any of that as Bobby V's fault, so he suspended him for 3 days.  This time Aceves blows another game and then acts like a prima donna--which he very much is--when Bobby V simply goes out to remove him. 

Aceves has a pretty good arm, but is definitely a head case, which is why the Yankees let him go.  Francona found him difficult to work with last year and Joe Girardi the year before. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Max, I don't think that's the way, I believe,  I've seen  it reported:

My understanding is BV did not tell Aceves before the game he was being replaced as the closer by Bailey. So when Aceves came in from the pen after the game he went into V's office and verbally  lambasted him. Which if this is the true story I could see why a guy like Aceves would be upset. But his behavior was unacceptable in any case.

I did not see the episode last night until the post game nshow and I heard Eck's comments. If in fact, he intentionally did it to show up V--he should be suspended and told not to show up at Fenway until after the season is over; he would be too disruptive from this time on. Not having him around may settle the clubhouse and allow the team to function as a team.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.  Bobby V has been enormously supportive of Aceves since ST when he wanted him to be a starter but the FO wanted Bard, so he gave him the closer's job and stuck with him despite early disasters.  Aceves' explosion last month occurred when Bobby V alerted him Bailey would close that night--a move Aceves strenuously objected to even though he had blown a save the night before, thrown 37 pitches, and gave up several runs.  Hard to see any of that as Bobby V's fault, so he suspended him for 3 days.  This time Aceves blows another game and then acts like a prima donna--which he very much is--when Bobby V simply goes out to remove him. 

Aceves has a pretty good arm, but is definitely a head case, which is why the Yankees let him go.  Francona found him difficult to work with last year and Joe Girardi the year before. 

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Send Him To The Dogers, Let Him Play At Chayves Revine,

Perfect Fit With The Fans...THUGS........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of the big differences between the Yankees and the Red Sox through the years is that the former do not tolerate aberrant behavior and laziness.   Prime examples and there are a number of them would be Raul Mondesi (traded for next to nothing), Ramiro Mendoza and Alfredo Aceves who were similar in terms of lack of motivation and were ignored when their contracts expired.   A player with J.D. Drew's attitude would have been gone if he had been on the Yankee roster and it's a major reason why despite his enormous talent that Manny Ramirez would never have been a good fit for the Yankees.  They converted Johnny Damon from a Caveman into a Yankee and he was very good with both the Sox and the Yankees.  It was his nature to play hard all the time.

The Red Sox on the other hand have a history of signing and tolerating guys like Tavarez, Padilla, Mendoza and Aceves regardless of their volatile histories.  Players like Gagne, Romero, Donnelly and others who clearly had "baggage" would never be offered a job.  That's not to suggest that the Yankees have always had players who are model citizens, but between the lines they had to perform a certain way or face exile. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You don't fire the manager because a player is an a/_ole.

[/QUOTE]

No you fire the manager because the team is in last place.

Sections
Shortcuts