I predict Aceves will be gone...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

Re: I predict Aceves will be gone...

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Didn't the Yankees get rid of Aceves, not because of his pitching but for his attitude? Didn't I read that somewhere?

What is strange is that all of a sudden, certain beat writers are saying this.  But it was not reported at the time (or at least never stated publicly by Yankee management). They were concerned about his health, so they said (back issues that he didn't come back from as quickly as they expected/hoped, then the broken collarbone in the off-season).  So are beat writers now all of sudden revealing inside info. that they had all along and kept it quiet when Ace was doing so well, or is it hearsay and rumor and misunderstanding that keeps getting passed along and amplified? Where is the real truth? Not a cut and dried issue from what I've seen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was reported.

It was mentioned again when we signed him.

However, being reported is not the same as being reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It was reported.

It was mentioned again when we signed him.

However, being reported is not the same as being reality.

Sorry, what is the "it" that you refer that was reported?  That there were health concerns or that there were behavioral/attitude concerns?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was reported that Yankee management was upset with Aceves over his lack of effort coming back from the injury. I know I read it when we signed him, and I recall Yankee fans mentioning it after the signing saying it was widely reported in NY papers that year.

Like I said, I am not saying it is true, just that it was not a secret just released recently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

It was reported that Yankee management was upset with Aceves over his lack of effort coming back from the injury. I know I read it when we signed him, and I recall Yankee fans mentioning it after the signing saying it was widely reported in NY papers that year.

Like I said, I am not saying it is true, just that it was not a secret just released recently.

OK, thanks...i don't recall reading/hearing this, but I certainly take your word for it. 'Lack of effort' coming back from an injury is certainly a concern, although I don't think his issues this year relate to 'lack of effort'.  Different concerns, so it seems that the recent comments about Yankees' view of him are stretching the 'concern for lack of effort' to 'he was impossible to work with' or something to that effect.  Seems a bit of a stretch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I never heard anything about his effort.  Nor he strike me as someone that might be lazy.  He looks like he is in good shape, and he hurt himself exercising on his bike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jcdohio's comment:

OK, thanks...i don't recall reading/hearing this, but I certainly take your word for it. 'Lack of effort' coming back from an injury is certainly a concern, although I don't think his issues this year relate to 'lack of effort'.  Different concerns, so it seems that the recent comments about Yankees' view of him are stretching the 'concern for lack of effort' to 'he was impossible to work with' or something to that effect.  Seems a bit of a stretch.

Like I said, I don't trust the media at all. The Ellsbury injury is a case in point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I never heard anything about his effort.  Nor he strike me as someone that might be lazy.  He looks like he is in good shape, and he hurt himself exercising on his bike.

He doesn't seem like a slacker to me either, in fact, he seems like the opposite. Like I said, I do not believe the media reports, but I do remember hearing about his lack of drive in returning from the injury when we signed him.  From what I have seen from him here- he has a strong drive to compete and succeed. (Perhaps too much!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

His behavior has been silly but I would keep him and give him a chance to start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

His best role is long to mid relief. I hesitate to move pitchers out of their comfort zone.

Sections
Shortcuts