I read the news today (oh boy) and I just had to laugh.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I read the news today (oh boy) and I just had to laugh.....

David Ross: 'There was a lot of interest'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: I read the news today (oh boy) and I just had to laugh.....

Why did you laugh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

A lot of interest? Really? Every time we here about a FA he claims or his agent claims there was a lot of "interest".... read all the headlines every winter. It is soft-claim. The Red Sox had interest in a ton of players over the years and it was never really any interest at all - otherwise they would have signed player X.

The Royals were interested in ARod, the A's interested in Cliff Lee, the Padres in ...... get it?

Makes me laugh that is all. A 36 year old nobody in baseball terms had a lot of "interest"? Ha!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Even Without Advanced Stats, Trout The Clear MVP

Another LAUGHER though a tad more respectable. One wins the first Triple Crown since 1967 and helps to get his team to the WS and the other does what? Not close IMO.

Rookie of the Year is one thing but MVP? No freaking way!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of interest? Really? Every time we here about a FA he claims or his agent claims there was a lot of "interest".... read all the headlines every winter. It is soft-claim. The Red Sox had interest in a ton of players over the years and it was never really any interest at all - otherwise they would have signed player X.

The Royals were interested in ARod, the A's interested in Cliff Lee, the Padres in ...... get it?

Makes me laugh that is all. A 36 year old nobody in baseball terms had a lot of "interest"? Ha!

[/QUOTE]

Teams and players alike speak highly of Ross. I could believe he had a few teams interested. hes hardly a nobody. But I understand what your saying...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes more a crap on the agent/media blah blah. It is all posturing or an attempt to generate news. Plus every team gets labeled as "very interested in player X" and never signs anyone.

It is all good. Just made me laugh (the headline).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I try to ignore about 90% of the jibber-jabber that's published on player transactions and rumored transactions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Really?  David Ross' off-hand remark that there was interest in him, whether real or perceived, was worth it to you to point out with a thread?  You have to real hard-on to criticize if that one makes the cut.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The move wasn't a bad move, in terms of acquiring Ross. The problem was that they grossly overpaid for an old veteran career backup who has never made even half that base amount in his entire career. He's laughing all the way to the bank, his pipe dream answered. One year would have been the winning bid, or two years and nearly half that amount.

To make this deal make sense, Salty and his arbitration costs need to go. Lavarnway get's more abuse that Salty, which is amusing.

Ross did a lot of talking, which isn't a good sign. The Red Sox need to do less talking and more producing, in terms of labor selection and labor production.  

[/QUOTE]

Ross reminds me of Bradford's character in Moneyball when he thanked Beane for signing him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The move wasn't a bad move, in terms of acquiring Ross. The problem was that they grossly overpaid for an old veteran career backup who has never made even half that base amount in his entire career. He's laughing all the way to the bank, his pipe dream answered. One year would have been the winning bid, or two years and nearly half that amount.

To make this deal make sense, Salty and his arbitration costs need to go. Lavarnway get's more abuse that Salty, which is amusing.

Ross did a lot of talking, which isn't a good sign. The Red Sox need to do less talking and more producing, in terms of labor selection and labor production.  

[/QUOTE]

Not a great move that is going to get rid of the stink from last year. Another ham and egger, backup catcher at best. Are we going to introduce him in a press conference soon ? These are the type of guys Young Ben picks up or who Larry Luchinno tells him to pick up when Ben is getting Larry's coffee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

More laughable that we are re-hiring ex-employees as if to try and grab back onto some old magic. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really?  David Ross' off-hand remark that there was interest in him, whether real or perceived, was worth it to you to point out with a thread?  You have to real hard-on to criticize if that one makes the cut.

[/QUOTE]

A proper baseball player, indeed person, would have said something like "I'm rubbish, and my agent totally hoodwinked the Red Sox into overpaying for me.  They should have listened to Stiffy."  Right?!

Fangraphs suggests that Ross' "value" over the past 4 years was $28.2m, or $7.5m/year.

But if Stiffy says $3.1/year for 2 years is a huge overpay....he must be wrong because he always has been....but we all know Stiffy just posts stupid cr@p to garner the attention he craves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why did you laugh?

[/QUOTE]

Whoever wrote the post was parodying a Beatles song.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

....in Japan....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You Left Out 4000 Holes In BlackBurn Lancashire........C,on ET Get With The Program........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of laugh, I have been laughing at the NY Jets and LA Lakers.   LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well Spaceman I do not start a lot of threads and maybe this was not such a great one.... however the WEEI headline was "a lot of interest" so I suppose if the media chose that tid bit to be the headline my thread title parallels that.

I suppose there really a good number of teams interested in Carl Crawofrd to. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You Left Out 4000 Holes In BlackBurn Lancashire........C,on ET Get With The Program........

[/QUOTE]

I saw Paul McCartney here in Houston a couple nights ago.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw Paul McCartney here in Houston a couple nights ago.

[/QUOTE]

Im Sure It Was A Great Show, Sargent Peppers Was My Fav Beatles Album.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I saw Paul McCartney at Foxboro in 1990 when he still looked and sounded like Paul McCartney. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was a great show. Surprisingly long (about 3 hours).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Check this moonslav59 thought perhaps you have seen it:

59:30 Paul McCartney: Chaos and Creation At Abbey Roadby JimmyMcCullochFan359,186 views

Sections
Shortcuts