I say no!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: I say no!

I dont mind the position players from my team playing. Just use pitchers from another team, say, the Yankees? And make sure they get in a LOT of work--if you know what I mean?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to wonderdrums's comment:

The WBC is upon us once again and although I'm happy to see some exciting baseball, I'm not thrilled at seeing any Sox or prospects get dinged up before the season starts. It's in this light that I think the Sox brass needs to say no to the allowing players to participate. Bogaerts, Aceves, and Victorino are going to play so far. I don't think I'm alone in not wanting to see any of these guys get hurt. All three figure to have important roles this season or in the very near future, not to mention the free agent money spent on Victoriano. Should the Redsox let them play? I say no.

I agree. I don't want any of them to play. And I wouldn't worry about what Sonics thinks, as he has said he lives in England and for whatever reason left that little detail out of all his negative US posts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I dont mind the position players from my team playing. Just use pitchers from another team, say, the Yankees? And make sure they get in a LOT of work--if you know what I mean?

I don't think U have to worry about the Yankees this yr; but then again ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

The WBC is upon us once again and although I'm happy to see some exciting baseball, I'm not thrilled at seeing any Sox or prospects get dinged up before the season starts. It's in this light that I think the Sox brass needs to say no to the allowing players to participate. Bogaerts, Aceves, and Victorino are going to play so far. I don't think I'm alone in not wanting to see any of these guys get hurt. All three figure to have important roles this season or in the very near future, not to mention the free agent money spent on Victoriano. Should the Redsox let them play? I say no.

I agree. I don't want any of them to play. And I wouldn't worry about what Sonics thinks, as he has said he lives in England and for whatever reason left that little detail out of all his negative US posts.

1)  It's widely known I live in the UK

2)  What negative US posts?

3)  I thought we agreed to ignore each other?

4)  You tool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Spring training is for timing. Shane should not be allowed to play. The farm hands who will not be called up and will play a short minor league season, it would be good experience as a substitute for the fall league.

No one under a MLB contract should be allowed to play without agreeing to a new medical physical testing review, after the WBC, that allows the Red Sox to void the contract if managment decides the player is damaged goods.

Another anti-"labour" rant, Softy?  Injuries while playing for one's country is a major issue, but you can't hold the players responsible when they are representing their country.  The best solution is insurance paid for by the WBC/other that compenstates the club teams for their assets being damaged while the damaged players continue to receive the salary due them form their club team. 

not sure who's paying sonics 

but yeah

''Tournament eligibility is based upon insurance coverage — meaning, a player’s contract would have to be guaranteed in the event of injury while participating in the WBC''

It's blindingly obvious that insurance for the players' teams is the only answer.   Who pays the premium, how much, under what circumstances, etc. are more complex issues but if players accept the honour of playing for their country they and their club team should be protected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

It's irrelavent.

The front office is only interested in T.V. ratings....Tito says so...I've been saying it for years. If Victornino breaks his ankle, are you going to switch off the set or change the channel? If Aceves falls off the mound and twists his back, are you done with watching Red Sox games for the season?

There is nobody among these players that is going to make or break the season....which is going to be another trip down disaster lane with our rotten pitching staff.

I am not sure we can get enough Zoloft to have an affect on a monster your size, but I can at least rig up some kind of gravity bong for you with an olympic size pool and an industrial vat.

+1 nice   -.-

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

1)  It's widely known I live in the UK

2)  What negative US posts?

3)  I thought we agreed to ignore each other?

4)  You tool.

1. What does widely known that you live in the UK mean? Do you think you're famous? This is not a regular poster on this board, and from his screenname, I'm guess he's a football fan.

2. I think someone already pointed that out to you.

3. I don't remember agreeing to anything with you, much less your posts.

4. I guess calling me a tool seems like a cool term for you -- the record company owner, bullfighter, astronaut, and/or whatever else you claim to be. I'm sure you're way past using "tool" in a conversation.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I never had interest in the WBC.  

I hope that none of the Red Sox players get hurt.  

Toronto has seven of their players playing in the WBC.  Dickey better take it easy.   

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts