I say we go after Y. Molina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

I say we go after Y. Molina

We need a reliable defensive catcher who can supply us with a few big hits when needed and Molina is a FA next season and only 28.  I would seriously consider this guy ASAP.  The Cards may not trade him but it's certainly worth discussing.  Yes, he has primarily been a NL player throughout his career but knows how to play the game.  Learning our staff would come in time.  We have enough veteran pitchers to know what works best with certain hitters. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: I say we go after Y. Molina

In Response to I say we go after Y. Molina:
    [QUOTE]We need a reliable defensive catcher who can supply us with a few big hits when needed and Molina is a FA next season and only 28.  I would seriously consider this guy ASAP.  The Cards may not trade him but it's certainly worth discussing.  Yes, he has primarily been a NL player throughout his career but knows how to play the game.  Learning our staff would come in time.  We have enough veteran pitchers to know what works best with certain hitters. 
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]
    I doubt the first-place St. Louis Cardinals will be trading their two-time All Star, three-time Gold Glove-winning catcher. The Cardinals seem to get the most out of their pitchers, but pitching coach Dave Duncan must share the credit with Yadier Molina.

The Cardinals will likely exercise the $7 million club option on Molina for 2012, so Molina probably won't become a free agent at least until after next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

Great post Mr. Hill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

We have a better shot at re-tooling Yogi Berra with head-to-toe bionics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I tell ya, Rich Gedman would suit up for cab fare and the post-game sandwiches & beer.

A wicked bahgain, I tell ya.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: I say we go after Y. Molina:
    [QUOTE]We have a better shot at re-tooling Yogi Berra with head-to-toe bionics.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

possibly space possibly! however, benji molina is 36 years old and is retired. his kid brother said that he was still working out and still wanted to play.

in my best arti johnson............veryyyyyy interestingggggggggg......think a call from theo could be in the works?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I say we go after Y. Molina : possibly space possibly! however, benji molina is 36 years old and is retired. his kid brother said that he was still working out and still wanted to play. in my best arti johnson............veryyyyyy interestingggggggggg......think a call from theo could be in the works?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

i'd take benji in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I tell ya, Rich Gedman would suit up for cab fare and the post-game sandwiches & beer. A wickedl bahgain, I tell ya.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

WOOSTA's FINEST!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! could you imagine? I think it was greg zahn talking last nite that brought up that subject. he said benji's kid brother said alot of positive stuff about him.

what a hoot that would be getting benji molina to come out of retirement and play for the sox..........

as BILL-806 would say............THEO SON, MAKE IT HAPPEN!    lol..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Love Varitek, but he and Salty leave the Red Sox with about as bad a catching duo as there is in MLB. Salty is young and will likely improve. Salty has already shown a little improvement. But Varitek isn't really MLB catching material anymore, outside of game calling. The transition is going to have to made from Varitek, or they are going to have to carry 3 catchers.

Nothing more sad than to see an old verteran washing up. But it is what it is, and Varitek can still help if they add a 3rd catcher to take care of the late game need for a good defensive catcher in the close games that require a pinch hitter and/or a competent defensive catcher. Salty might get there, but he's a long ways from it now.

You have the wrong Molina. No chance to get Y. Molina. Bengie is old and may or may not improve the situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Good luck with that! The Cards aren't dealing him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

You have the wrong Molina. No chance to get Y. Molina. Bengie is old and may or may not improve the situation.

maybe you weren't listening to what I said. Benji retired because they didn't want to pay him and they had too many catchers. his younger brother said he still works out and still wants to play. he is 36 years old and IMHO quite an upgrade to the situation we have now. when benji retired he was still a good hitter and still had a good arm. I'm not talking long term here. but short term benji could really help I think. (my opinion)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to I say we go after Y. Molina:
    [QUOTE]We need a reliable defensive catcher who can supply us with a few big hits when needed and Molina is a FA next season and only 28.  I would seriously consider this guy ASAP.  The Cards may not trade him but it's certainly worth discussing.  Yes, he has primarily been a NL player throughout his career but knows how to play the game.  Learning our staff would come in time.  We have enough veteran pitchers to know what works best with certain hitters. 
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

First thing (and everyone's already covered it but I'll say it again), the first place Cardinals aren't going to trade an AS-quality catcher for whom they hold an extremely reasonable $7M club option on for 2012.

Two, can you please point out the major league player that doesn't "know how to play the game?"  I'm serious.  Is Milton Bradley out there somewhere hitting baseballs with hockey sticks and running around the bases backwards?  "(Insert name) knows how to play the game," is probably the dumbest sentence anyone has every uttered when it comes to talking about sports.  It's meaningless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

This just in "the SF Giants have agreed to trade  Buster Posey and Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain for unhearalded minor league shortstop Jose Ninicio of the Boston Red Sox who is currently in extended spring training" This deal is sure to solve all of the Red Sox problems, if not SF has also agreed to send reliever Brian Wilson if the Sox are not in First place within two weeks after the initial deal!

Please save me from the insanity ive run out of great Burgundy!