I see that the "touching the bases MAILBOX" has IGGY in a good light...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I see that the "touching the bases MAILBOX" has IGGY in a good light...........

To the point, is it DREW or IGGY  ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: I see that the

In response to Bill-806's comment:

If the Red Sox change their minds, based on one game, I'm switching to the Braves...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

If the Red Sox change their minds, based on one game, I'm switching to the Braves...

Are the Braves still in Boston ???????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the sox did not sign spend 9 Mil on Drew just to make him a backup.... like it or not, Iggy will be at AAA. Touching The Bases does not reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the FO...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

the sox did not sign spend 9 Mil on Drew just to make him a backup.... like it or not, Iggy will be at AAA. Touching The Bases does not reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the FO...

It's all in the eye of the beholder......  Even BOBBY V. wanted  IGGY last spring.......  Iggy could have made Bobby look like a genius !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

It's all in the eye of the beholder......  Even BOBBY V. wanted  IGGY last spring.......  Iggy could have made Bobby look like a genius !!!

false.

if BV wanted Iggy last season he would have been in the Majors.... Especially considering all the injuries that occured and he didn't come up until the season was over..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

false.

if BV wanted Iggy last season he would have been in the Majors.... Especially considering all the injuries that occured and he didn't come up until the season was over..

YOU ARE WRONG.........  Bobby V. never had control of that roster.....  IGGY, would have made that pitching staff look like a bunch of "CY YOUNGS "!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

false.

YOU ARE WRONG.........  Bobby V. never had control of that roster.....  IGGY, would have made that pitching staff look like a bunch of "CY YOUNGS "!!!!!

once again Bill you show just how foolish you really are... The ground a SS covers is just a small fraction of the total field. Nothing Iggy can do when balls are being launched out of the park. Our pitching staff was horrendous and Iggy would not have helped. (EDIT: it didn't help. our pitching staff was just as terrible after he came up).

in 2012, the marginal defensive upgrade Iggy would have given us over Aviles would have been negated by his abysmal offense. Look at the numbers Bill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If Valentine liked Jose so much, why did he pinch hit for him in the middle of an at bat? Honestly Bill, you act like you're the only person on this board that likes Iglesias. A lot of us like him. We're just not ready to anoint him the next Rico Petrocelli yet. Most of us probably won't be ready to dump him for a bag of balls after one bad game either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

No sense in switching to the Braves.

Chipper has retired.   :-(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

No sense in switching to the Braves.

Chipper has retired.   :-(

Good point, Kimmi.

Maybe the 'Nats need a few good fans... ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Bill, read the mailbag. Don't see where they had Iggy in a good light.

from the article:

Q: marrerodevenfinn222.JPGNo longer sold that Jose Iglesias is the shorttop of the future. He is more likely the next Rey Ordonez. I say let Drew man the job until Xander Bogaerts is ready, because he is the SS of the future. Or until they convert Will Middlebrooks to 1B and Bogaerts to 3B, when Deven Marerro is ready at SS. Either way, Iglesias is not the answer. If he can't hit AAA pitching after 2 years, he's a lost cause.

I don't know that he's a lost cause. While comparing him to Ozzie Smith or Alan Trammell at the same age, as his defenders have done, simply does not work (Ozzie was in the majors after one minor league season, and Trammell hit .300 at age 22 in his third full season). And anyone who thinks being the next Rey Ordonez is a compliment was familiar with him only from Web Gems. He had a .600 OPS in the majors -- miserable, and yet better than Iglesias's in Triple A after two years. I suppose there's a glimmer of hope in the Omar Vizquel comps -- he had just a .598 OPS in Triple A. But the hunch here is he gets passed by Bogaerts, and with Deven Marrero getting a chance to advance quickly, it's now or never for Iglesias with the Red Sox.

^^^that seems to me like both the Reader and Finn are pooping on Iggys chances.

another exerpt from the article:

If Iglesias saves 50 runs over the course of a season, he will be the greatest defensive shortstop in the history of baseball, bar none. Brendan Ryan -- a decent comp for what Iglesias might ultimately become -- led the majors in Defensive Runs Saved by a shortstop last year ... with 27. Iglesias's sensational defense simply will not compensate for his wet noodle bat at this point. Give Drew a chance. If his ankle is right, he'll be capable at shortstop and an asset in the lineup.

^^^once again, he is still crapping all over Iggy. So IDK what article you read..... but you may want to re-read it..

so not only does the FO not think he is ready but pretty much all of the boston media, ESPN writers and most of the fans. He needs another year at AAA to prove he can hit. If he doesn't do that then he better learn how to man 2B and 3B because his future will be as a UIF..

He is about to be passed (if it hasnt happened already) by XB on the depth chart and Marrero isn't far behind. It is now or never for Iggy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

cOMING SOOOOON !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

false.

False.

Cherington makes the roster decisions, not the manager. And there was no way Ben would do what BV wanted.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

At this point .... win-win!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Until Iggy proves he can hit the baseball with consistency he is a AAA player, no matter how good he is in the field. Frankly, I think he should be traded for pitching because I do not see his value increasing. Right now maybe another GM would be willing to take a chance that his hitting will come around. If it doesn't we are stuck with him. Trade him now, when we might be able to package him and get a decent pitching prospect.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Until Iggy proves he can hit the baseball with consistency he is a AAA player, no matter how good he is in the field. Frankly, I think he should be traded for pitching because I do not see his value increasing. Right now maybe another GM would be willing to take a chance that his hitting will come around. If it doesn't we are stuck with him. Trade him now, when we might be able to package him and get a decent pitching prospect.

My guess is it would be better to give Iggy this year to maybe up his value because it really cant go down any as bad as his offense has been. Hes always going to be a great defender, but if he can add even a little more offense, say BA 250ish obp 305 I bet his value goes way up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Don't we have plenty of pitching prospects already?

Do you think you can ever have enough pitching prospects? The more you have the more likely it is that one or more of them will become a functional SP for us at the ML level.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Saying "even BV wanted Iggy" last year doesn't really support the argument ... BV did a lot of incredibly stupid things.  I do recall BV lobbying pretty hard during ST to have Iggy be the opening day SS.  I also recall thinking it was incredibly foolish given his abysmal 2011 AAA stats -- thankfully, BC shot that one down.

There's simply no upside to promoting Iggy up right now ... with the possible exception of Bill wanting to make as many predictions as possible so he can be right just once.  That said, I'm putting Iggy on my list of possible 2013 surprises.  He now has two seasons of AAA under his belt.  The first one was a ridiculously aggressive assignment by the FO, so IMO it's really like having one year at AAA.  Last year at Pawtucket he had a significant run where he seemed to be clicking at the plate.  He's bulked up a bit and, if he can stay healthy, I think there's a good chance he will make significant strides as a hitter.  Trading him right now would be really unfortunate.  His value can only go down marginally but the upside is huge.  Because of this, I think the decision is not at all impacted by other prospects ... it's purely value driven.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to 111SoxFan111's comment:

Saying "even BV wanted Iggy" last year doesn't really support the argument ... BV did a lot of incredibly stupid things.  I do recall BV lobbying pretty hard during ST to have Iggy be the opening day SS.  I also recall thinking it was incredibly foolish given his abysmal 2011 AAA stats -- thankfully, BC shot that one down.

There's simply no upside to promoting Iggy up right now ... with the possible exception of Bill wanting to make as many predictions as possible so he can be right just once.  That said, I'm putting Iggy on my list of possible 2013 surprises.  He now has two seasons of AAA under his belt.  The first one was a ridiculously aggressive assignment by the FO, so IMO it's really like having one year at AAA.  Last year at Pawtucket he had a significant run where he seemed to be clicking at the plate.  He's bulked up a bit and, if he can stay healthy, I think there's a good chance he will make significant strides as a hitter.  Trading him right now would be really unfortunate.  His value can only go down marginally but the upside is huge.  Because of this, I think the decision is not at all impacted by other prospects ... it's purely value driven.

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Don't we have plenty of pitching prospects already?

Do you think you can ever have enough pitching prospects? The more you have the more likely it is that one or more of them will become a functional SP for us at the ML level.

I'm hoping Polly was speaking tongue in cheek.

Really, really enjoying your side of the country, Pumpsie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i don't think we should give up on him yet.... besides, i dont think we are going to get a decent pitching prospect for him.. Maybe a guy like Carpenter (theo comp).. but i would rather keep him and hope he learns to hit rather than deal him for a lottery arm.

we already sunk all this time and money into Iggy.....lets see if it pays off

Sections
Shortcuts