I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum!

Yup, Tito needs to use a six-man-rotation!

This will solve all treads about Wake.

White Sox does it, how about Red Sox?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Re: I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum!

So you're saying you want to take starts away from Lester, Beckett, and Buchholz so Wake and/or Aceves can get starts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum!:
    [QUOTE]So you're saying you want to take starts away from Lester, Beckett, and Buchholz so Wake and/or Aceves can get starts?
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

No. Sox need to have rested arms for the playoffs...look at Lesters pitch count, its way too high.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i'm with beavis, go with 6 man rotation and the extra days off will benefit Clay, Lester, especially if Lackey is ready to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

depending on the scheduling, and weather, you could pick a spot where you skip the "6th man" , but the idea is to do it as long as you have a consecutive stretch of games without a day off. That's where it comes in handy. If you have several days off, then it's not so great or not so effective to use the 6 men.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---. Show -The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum! : No. Sox need to have rested arms for the playoffs...look at Lesters pitch count, its way too high.

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

That's the tricky part....you have to actually GET to the playoffs. So resting your better starters to give the weak links (although I'm not sure wake or aceves are any worse than lackluster or waste k) more starts might have all of your starters with a long winter rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not for the 6-man rotation, but...

What if they pitch 8 innings every 6 days vs 7 innings every 5 days?

Over a 30 game stretch:

6 gms x 7 IP = 42 IP
    5 gms x 8 IP = 40 IP

or

6 gms x 6 IP = 36 IP
    5 gms x 7 IP = 35 IP

It solves the lack of a 7th inning guy issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum!:
    [QUOTE]Yup, Tito needs to use a six-man-rotation! This will solve all treads about Wake. White Sox does it, how about Red Sox?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

The White Sox did it to get through a tough stretch of 20 consecutive games.  Now that they're through it, they are abandoning the 6 man rotation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I solved the Sox starting pitching conundrum! : No. Sox need to have rested arms for the playoffs...look at Lesters pitch count, its way too high.
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

You're basing this off of 1 start before 2 off days?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

wonderful idea! SOX go with a 6 man rotation when they only have 3 quality starters. why don't the SOX also go with a 3 man bullpen.
    TITO has enough trouble managing 5 starters; don't make managing the SOX more difficult for him.
    did i say the SOX only had 3 quality starters; my bad. i forgot about MILLWOOD at AAA.
    "rested arms for the playoffs."---what playoffs?

underachieving RED SOX; overachieving BRUINS. GO BRUINS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'm more concerned about the BP. No consistency there. Wheeler and Jenks are a joke. Albers is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Bard and Pap are the most consistent but can still have a bad outing.
    Anyone wish we still had Ramirez and MDC?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

The better avenue is to go out and trade for the VERY best arm they can get. Millwood is not the answer, Aceves as starter weakens the pen, Timmy can hold the fort while Theo does is dealings. Doubront is a valid option but considering he has had arm issues earlier in season; it may be wiser to control is innings in minors for this summer.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I'm with M.I.T. Moonslav...the 7th inning has been a big problem in games...Jenks was to solve that...

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts