I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh

IMO I see nothing wrong in his OP. This Softlaw character with his many aliases has been SINGLED OUT many times for his relentless bashing of Ellsbury and the forum seems to thrive on it. Some posters enjoy being singled out and even do it themselves by reappearing with a nearly identical moniker after being banned repeatedly. Many here arrive with predictable and limited talking points which makes it easy to single them out and they do so willingly. These types single themselves out with their behavior which borders on trolling. Doesn't saying "I hate Theo", "I hate Tito", "I hate Crawford" or "I hate Ellsbury" on every single post SINGLE YOU OUT as a poster?

When those things happen, it really does infringe on the enjoyment of the forum for the majority and that IMO is wrong. says Fivekatz

The "enjoyment of the forum" is a very nebulous or subjective  idea and is relative on what you come here for. Some may come here to be entertained by those that many others find to be repulsive. Many come here for a soap opera staged by characters who add nothing of substance to the forum. The forum in a perfect world be informative and differing points of view would be exchanged in a civil manner. The perfect forum would be moderated and trolls would be banished. There are forums where this occurs.  This is as far from a perfect forum as you can get. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : jimbo's speaking of youk's bashing had nothing to do with my attack on him. i just don't like the guy; is that sensible enough?
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]

Does Bill Maher act like that or does he use reason and logic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]just another example of jim trying to provoke the very posters he claims to be negative or stupid; he needs them as much as they need him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I think it is funny and the post speaks for itself.  Again, if you don't like it, don't click.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Is Carl Crawford "tearing it up" yet?...He's batting .250 since coming off the DL in mid-July...I hope he has a good series against the Yankees but the facts are he has the lowest batting average in the lineup and that trend hasn't changed.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

He is struggling.  But he will get there.  The injury set him back a bit but he'll be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : jimbo's main point is that he wants everybody to know that he's a better fan than they are. i, personally, dislike jimbo's overbearing positivity towards the red sox. god forbid, he would ever say anything negative towards the sox no matter how much it was justified; i.e.: the signing of jd crawford.

Not a better fan, just more positive.  Any poster can be as negative as he or she wants.  I am simply pointing this OP out because it was so over the top.  You can't agree with that? And if I anger yazzer and burrito in the process, I don't really care.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I have no issue with Jim's annoyance with chronic negativity that has little foundation under it but this OP isn't very cool IMO. What really is a lack of foundation is of course in the eye of the beholder, but there are a few posters who just beat some things to death. It is their right so long as it isn't done just to incite and doesn't cross lines of subject matter not really best suited for a sports forum. When those things happen, it really does infringe on the enjoyment of the forum for the majority and that IMO is wrong. But Jim could have made this point without singling out any one poster who made one of the many frustrated "over the top" OPs that a forum like this can generate. Even if you wanted to use that specific post Jim, most of us wouldn't have remembered who wrote it and you could have made the same point. I for one wish you didn't feel the need to single out an author to make the point that sometimes in the heat of the moment we as fans can have some pretty irrational feelings and takes. Just my take
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I certainly understand your point.  Thanks.  This thread was just the one that stuck in my head the most and I simply cut and pasted it here.  Youk had his opinion and he was/is certainly entitled to it.  Hell, I'd still buy Babe, Youk, or Burrito a brew if I met them in a bar.  It's all good.  They may not feel the same way and that's ok too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I have no issue with Jim's annoyance with chronic negativity that has little foundation under it but this OP isn't very cool IMO. What really is a lack of foundation is of course in the eye of the beholder, but there are a few posters who just beat some things to death. It is their right so long as it isn't done just to incite and doesn't cross lines of subject matter not really best suited for a sports forum. When those things happen, it really does infringe on the enjoyment of the forum for the majority and that IMO is wrong. But Jim could have made this point without singling out any one poster who made one of the many frustrated "over the top" OPs that a forum like this can generate. Even if you wanted to use that specific post Jim, most of us wouldn't have remembered who wrote it and you could have made the same point. I for one wish you didn't feel the need to single out an author to make the point that sometimes in the heat of the moment we as fans can have some pretty irrational feelings and takes. Just my take
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

i sort of agree with you in sentiment. but not in real post-ik (if you will).  if people come on here, they really have to be ready stand behind their rants and raves.  There is no crying in internet forums.  Youkilus20 is absolutely entitled to his opinion.  And Jim is entitled to call him out months down the line.  In fact, I wish more people would do this.  People say whatever they want in the heat of the moment, and it is impossible to argue a lot of times when a player or the team isnt performing their best in any given time.  Yeah, at that particular point in time, a corrolation could be made between Offerman and Gonzalez.  Of course, most understood that by, say, August 4, that would look silly.  Only time bears a silly argument like that out though.  I hardly think it is bad form to call a particular poster out for a stance they took.  In this particular case, it is just re-opening an ongoing meta-debate here about short-term and long-haul thinking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]IMO I see nothing wrong in his OP. This Softlaw character with his many aliases has been SINGLED OUT many times for his relentless bashing of Ellsbury and the forum seems to thrive on it. Some posters enjoy being singled out and even do it themselves by reappearing with a nearly identical moniker after being banned repeatedly. Many here arrive with predictable and limited talking points which makes it easy to single them out and they do so willingly. These types single themselves out with their behavior which borders on trolling. Doesn't saying "I hate Theo", "I hate Tito", "I hate Crawford" or "I hate Ellsbury" on every single post SINGLE YOU OUT as a poster? When those things happen, it really does infringe on the enjoyment of the forum for the majority and that IMO is wrong. says Fivekatz The "enjoyment of the forum" is a very nebulous or subjective  idea and is relative on what you come here for. Some may come here to be entertained by those that many others find to be repulsive. Many come here for a soap opera staged by characters who add nothing of substance to the forum. The forum in a perfect world be informative and differing points of view would be exchanged in a civil manner. The perfect forum would be moderated and trolls would be banished. There are forums where this occurs.  This is as far from a perfect forum as you can get. 
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

yeah, you should probably contact forumland security.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : Does Bill Maher act like that or does he use reason and logic?

please go stalk someone else or i'll be forced to issue a restraining order on you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : jimbo's speaking of youk's bashing had nothing to do with my attack on him. i just don't like the guy; is that sensible enough?

C'mon, Yazzer, you love me!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----------------. Show ---TheBabe----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : I think it is funny and the post speaks for itself.  Again, if you don't like it, don't click.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

LOL....that's funny stuff there jimbo. You are calling out people for their negativity yet you tell this poster if he doesn't like what you post then don't click on it.

Shouldn't you heed your own advice and if you don't like the negativity then don't click.

Oh the irony.

Think much before you post jim?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Sometimes Like to Look at Previous Threads for a Laugh : LOL....that's funny stuff there jimbo. You are calling out people for their negativity yet you tell this poster if he doesn't like what you post then don't click on it. Shouldn't you heed your own advice and if you don't like the negativity then don't click. Oh the irony. Think much before you post jim?
    Posted by ---TheBabe----------------[/QUOTE]

No, Youk and I had never battled prior to his Offerman thread.  Burrito already knows that he doesn't like me or anything I post.  So, they are 2 different things.  If Youk continued to annoy, I would eventually stop reading his posts.  It is just like you.  If you start a thread, I don't usually read it because it will usually be lame and uninteresting.  That doesn't mean that you are not an interesting person to your circle of friends, I just don't agree with anything you say or how you say it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

maybe its why he (Youk) doesn't post so much anymore, he is embarrassed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Jim committed a faux pas here. We battled on that thread, it's true. Even though there were many references that I posted from the National Media relative to the lack of production from A-Gon, and even though I posted stats that compared A-Gons first month with Offerman's first month, they were almost identical BTW, I was shellacked, as our President would say. It's not that I thought A-Gon WAS Offerman, it was just showing how similar their results were...Jim invited me to get back to him in August, with the comparison. Bringing it up now, is just bad form. I thought we had reached a gentlemen's agreement, after the all the rancor, I was wrong. As for not posting much, very busy summer in my "real life". Peace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]  Jim committed a faux paux here. We battled on that thread, it's true. Even though there were many references that I posted from the National Media relative to the lack of production from A-Gon, and even though I posted stats that compared A-Gons first month with Offerman's first month, they were almost identical BTW, I was shellacked, as our President would say. It's not that I thought A-Gon WAS Offerman, it was just showing how similar their results were...Jim invited me to get back to him in August, with the comparison. Bringing it up now, is just bad form. I thought we had reached a gentlemen's agreement, after the all the rancor, I was wrong. As for not posting much, very busy summer in my "real life". Peace.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

It seems that you have no trouble or reservations about bring up negative thoughts. On the other hand loyal Red Sox fans would not do it.  To each his own but it seems to me in my short time here that the forum is overloaded with negative threads and posts. What is a drawing card for for new potential posters? Is it you or Jim?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Here's some more of the same thread that had Jim in stitches....

Forum Post: Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales at 5/2/2011 10:31 PM EDT
    In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales :  LOL Jim! Yeah, my wife uses the  "really-really" all the time. Not sure what you mean by moving the goal post. I put some comments out there, as did you. I tried to defend my positions, and questioned some of yours. Hopefully I didn't mis-quote you, the main premise was to notice that his first month with Sox is the same as Offerman's. Is there a reason why? I think there is, mainly, he's not fully recovered from his surgery, But, have you seen that premise anywhere else? I haven't.  While I'm writing this the guys on Baseball tonight just mentioned Gonzalez, and "...if they can get him going" Will he better, yes, but when?

Not to beat a dead horse here, but context is everything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i wrote some doozies in 2008 about Pedroia being destined to sell sausAGE grinders outside of Fenway...that was pretty funny and i was glad to be proven so wrong that its laughable now...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

More support of my original premise...
    Forum Post: Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales at 5/4/2011 9:03 AM EDT
     Nick Cafardo refutes Gymdavis, amplifies Youkillus20; I t’s too early to be concerned, but wasn’t this supposed to be the year of the Gonzalez laser show at Fenway?... Gonzalez had played 14 games at Fenway, a ballpark seemingly suited for his swing. But until last night, he had yet to go yard. Gonzalez said last week in Baltimore that he hadn’t felt comfortable at the plate up to that point. It’s important to remember that Gonzalez is coming off major shoulder surgery. Although Gonzalez says he’s fine, there has to be some break-in period. So patience must be preached when it comes to his power numbers. On Monday night, he hit a bases-loaded double to center field, knocking in three runs..."
    Maybe it’s not the type of production we had envisioned, but production nonetheless.  So, let's see now, tht's Eck, BBT, and Cafardo, calling it like I saw it, crazy huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

At the end of it all, it came down to this....
    The Sox need him to hit HR's, 1 per month won't cut it, especially with the hole they put themselves into, I'm glad to see him helping. And I've decided to forgive you for calling me a dik, an azz-hole, a moron, a whack job and ridiculous, but Cherry Picker??? them's fightin words!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Hey, it sure looked that way for a while!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It's still strange that you use negative talk by scribes to use for your opening posts? Isn't that what trolls do for a living? Maybe Jim thought that you were a genuine Red Sox fan? If you act like a troll then many will assume that you are one. Is that difficult to understand?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]It's still strange that you use negative talk by scribes to use for your opening posts? Isn't that what trolls do for a living? Maybe Jim thought that you were a genuine Red Sox fan? If you act like a troll then many will assume that you are one. Is that difficult to understand?

Yeah, I'm confused, because I thought trolls posted fallacies over facts,and looked to incite over inform. My OP had nothing to do with negative talk by scribes...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Thanks again to Joe B....

Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales

posted at 5/6/2011 8:03 AM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=54d52cde3cbac5589c51a1933fde45a1&plckUserId=54d52cde3cbac5589c51a1933fde45a1">
    First: 6/25/2009
    Last: 8/4/2011
    In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales:
    In Response to Re: Adrian "OFFERMAN" Gonzales : The problem, again, is people building up expectations in their own minds that are less than realistic.  Lefties don't generally come into Fenway and start blasting HRs.  It's too deep.  The chief advantage is that there is no easy way to pitch a lefty who will go the other way. My expectations for power were modest, 28-30, but with 45 doubles and a .330+ average.  This guy is more pure hitter than power hitter.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Thanks, Joe, once again you are the voice of reason, and perhaps unparalled on this board. I polled the board in the off season, as to what they thought A-Gon's HR totals might be, I included notable LH performance, guys like Yaz 44,
    Vaughan 46, and Big Papi 54. It's really not that common to have LH hitters putting up big HR numbers at the Fens, despite that, the sentiment was optimistic to say the least. The gist of this thread was to explore what might be keeping A-Gon's 2011 totals down, when the thread started he had just one.
     Some tried to construe it as a comparison player to player of A-Gon to Offerman. Ridiculous. One suggested he'll get it going, and may hit 10 HR's in May. Maybe, maybe not. What's really missing though is any nod towards surgery recovery. He has the skills, but maybe not the strength yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was fairly rough on John Lester.... back in the day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What a shocher! You bashing players...

Sections
Shortcuts