I still believe

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: I still believe

In Response to Re: I still believe:
    [QUOTE]In 86 Buckner played with one leg and 1st base. We have a guy who cant walk to Home Plate and swing a bat. How long now, these ballplayers are wimps.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Ouch, I Still Have Nightmares..... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I still believe :  Ouch, I Still Have Nightmares.....     
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

Lol, Classic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

True fans still watch their Sox get killed the the Yanks on national television. GO SOX!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I still believe : You don't think Crawford has regrets about signing with Boston even if he is making a zillion dollars?  In retrospect, I'll bet he would have preferred to have signed elsewhere in a less pressure-filled environment for less money. After all, after a few million a year, how much more is really needed? Valentine was never allowed to hire his own people.  Hence, he inherited some back-stabbing, close-mouthed, mole sycophants(brown-nosers).  This formula for failure was not Valentine's fault.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]
    Leave it to a pharmacist to see what was the real formula for failure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

It always comes down to the pitching - Buchholz and Lester (of the last few starts) are good enough to beat anybody.  Morales has pitched well against everybody but the Yankees.  Really well in most cases.

Doubront is probably shut down for the rest of the year, and I don't have much confidence in Beckett (right now) and Cook (ever).  Replace them with Tazawa and Aceves, and use Bailey as the closer, and we might have a shot.  But we still have to hit better than we have been, and Daniel Nava is not going to cut it.  We need Papi back in a hurry, and a lot of guys getting hot, but it's not impossible.  This team played .640 ball or higher in three different months last year.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to I still believe:
    [QUOTE]To all the "I'm taking my ball and going home" crowd, I still believe in this team! I believe they have the horses (somewhat swayback, I'll admit) to make a run to the PS. On paper, they have a top starting rotation and maybe, just maybe, the firing of McClure might make that paper come to life in a positive way. We know they have a solid offense, but have been lacking some timely hitting. A little more aggressiveness and risk taking might provide the recipe for fixing that, nothing to lose. I've said before desire and confidence (tempered by humility) is the ticket. A take no prisoners attitude and unselfish play will reap rewards. However, it's hard for the team to believe in themselves, if the fans don't. So I'm calling on every fan to have some faith that these guys can turn things around. It's not too late. The fat lady hs not sung. Give them all your support. 
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Francona was too soft, BV too tough! at what point are the players held accountable?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

In response to "Re: I still believe": [QUOTE]Francona was too soft, BV too tough! at what point are the players held accountable? Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE] Players never at fault, ever. Nor are coaches. It's an amalgam of other excuses that the folks who live on these boards explicate hourly on message threads which span tens of thousands of posts. Futile yes, but it fills the hours. 12 months a year.

Sections
Shortcuts