I strongly disagree: Felger, Merloni: Valentine's 'been a train wreck'-Your Reaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: I strongly disagree: Felger, Merloni: Valentine's 'been a train wreck'-Your Reaction?

Felger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: I strongly disagree: Felger, Merloni: Valentine's 'been a train wreck'-Your Reaction?

Feller never spent a second in any interview over his last 40 years to not say he was the greatest pitcher who ever lived. He was a great pitcher, and he served his country. Feller was indeed one of the greats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So he bats DMac for Sweeney, and the As counter with a righty, so BV counters with Lars.

So now the guy with the .962 OPS is out of the game, and the guy with the .766 OPS is out of the game, and we have the guy with the .250 OPS in the game for two ABs.

And the second AB comes with the tying runs on base, against a lefty.

And how many career hits does Lars have against lefties?

That's right, -0-.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

How many of you went to the grocery store and picked the wrong item off the shelf because you misread the label because you're in a hurry.

If it's a consistent problem, it's a big deal. But one time?

More like a bought my wife a car, and didn't realize that the car was a manual, and my wife can't drive it.

For me, it isn't so much that he got it wrong.  It's that he looked for pitcher the day of, or the day before the game.  You have to know who is pitching a week before the game.  How can you set up your lineup for the week if you don't know who's pitching?  If you want to give DMac one or two games, you have to know which, if any, lefties you are facing this week.  If you were going to give Gonzo or Pedey a day off, wouldn't you want to know who you're facing?  There is really no excuse for a ML manager not to know which pitchers the team will be facing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

you wanna know the trouble with the team. it has
    to do with the bats. We got a lineup with the likes
    of repko, anderson, byrd, salty, shoppach, and
    the great nick punto. These guys just can't hit
    and are rally killers. Management decided to raid
    the trash heap of baseball to find these guys and
    slot them in. Now we will pay the price and settle
    down in last place where we belong. Youk is through
    as a player and the sooner the FO realizes this and
    trades him, the better off the team will be.
    Otherwise he will just be an injured malcontent and
    a cancer in the clubhouse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I don't think he's a train wreck. I think he doesn't really know the team yet. It will come with time. I agree he misses things, but its early yet. Give the guy a break, at least couple more months. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Does anyone really care what Felger or Merloni say. Felger is the true negative nancy and Merloni was a fringe major league player. I think he's made a few mistakes but by and large so far he's been fine.