I think this season there will be a couple of trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades:
    In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : Hanley is not the manager. He plays where he's told to play. If he pouts, he'll only hurt his chances at a last big payday after this one runs out.
    Posted by moonslav59

So we trade what little chips we do have and then move that player to a position he hasn't played before ? I don't understand this move. Sox need to use their trade chips for pitching pitching pitching ... The offense is not an issue and it won't be an issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : I would guess HanRam would be better than average at 3B. He's still pretty quick. I'm not saying we should get him, but I'd bet he's a better fielder than Youk at third.
    Posted by moonslav59

last season, Hanley had 14 errors in 86 games, Youk had 9 in 112.  Now, you expecting Hanley to actaully play better at a position he's never played before especially when he doesn't want to be move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : last season, Hanley had 14 errors in 86 games, Youk had 9 in 112.  Now, you expecting Hanley to actaully play better at a position he's never played before especially when he doesn't want to be move.
    Posted by jh13

Not to mention that the Marlins are looking to make a splash and fill up that new stadium. If they look to deal, the closest guy they have to a 'face of the franchise', it should send up red flags.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

The Colorado Rockies have traded utility player Ty Wigginton to the Philadelphia Philies for a player to be named. The Red Sox may need a Wigginton-type player if Kevin Youkilis moves to DH (although the respective first arbitration salaries of infielders Jed Lowrie and Mike Aviles should be lower than the $4.5 million owed Wigginton).
    Posted by hill55

Let's see, trade and trade, what do we have left in the farm system. There should be no big trades this season because our farm system is already in poor condition. Dream on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Astros Wandy Rodriguez I would trade for--Brett Myers I would be very hesitant about based upon a situation a few years ago--perhaps things have changed and that incident was an isolated case.

Angels Ervin Santana and Peter Boujos for Ells.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

PTBN does not have to be named or completed for 6 months. Players from early June, 2011 draft can be traded 2nd week of January 2012. Any trade involving 2011 draft players can be done via PTBNL on 2nd week of January or later. Deals can be reached before then (today) but not reduced to writing until capture date. Bottom line, any player drafted in 2011 can be traded this winter via PTBNL.

Here is MLB text on the issue:

Players selected in the amateur draft cannot be traded for one year after signing. They can, however, be included as a "Player to be Named Later" (PTBNL) in a trade. A PTBNL must be named within six months of the trade.

Now, your failed captious attempt stems from your animus due to your deep seated disturbance regarding same-sex-sexual-relations issue. Remember, no matter how long man walks this earth, sexual behavior will never be a physical identity. You need to stop pretending that man has the answer to values and moral issues, even if you read some of the highest IQ minds infected with the evil affected arrogance that mankind is wise. Man is stupid, the very moment man attempts to use body politic to determine moral values.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : Let's see, trade and trade, what do we have left in the farm system. There should be no big trades this season because our farm system is already in poor condition. Dream on.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox

Actually, the higher minors are barren at the moment but the lower minors with guys projected for 2-3 years away are pretty well stocked. Help is on the way it's how Ben loads the roster for next season and 2013 that is tricky.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : So we trade what little chips we do have and then move that player to a position he hasn't played before ? I don't understand this move. Sox need to use their trade chips for pitching pitching pitching ... The offense is not an issue and it won't be an issue.
    Posted by Sully1965

I did not say I was for trading to get HanRam. I am just saying that I am pretty certain he'd make a fine 3Bman, and would certainly be better than even a healthy Youk. HanRam could also be moved to the OF, but that is way more speculative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : last season, Hanley had 14 errors in 86 games, Youk had 9 in 112.  Now, you expecting Hanley to actaully play better at a position he's never played before especially when he doesn't want to be move.
    Posted by jh13

Yes & yes.

1) SSs have more chances to make errors than 3Bmen.
    2) Good fielding is not just about Fldg%.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Astros Wandy Rodriguez I would trade for--Brett Myers I would be very hesitant about based upon a situation a few years ago--perhaps things have changed and that incident was an isolated case. Angels Ervin Santana and Peter Boujos for Ells.
    Posted by MadMc44

I think the Astros would just about give Myers away at his high cost, but Wandy would cost a bundle of good, but far away prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

PTBN does not have to be named or completed for 6 months. Players from early June, 2011 draft can be traded 2nd week of January 2012. Any trade involving 2011 draft players can be done via PTBNL on 2nd week of January or later. Deals can be reached before then (today) but not reduced to writing until capture date. Bottom line, any player drafted in 2011 can be traded this winter via PTBNL. Here is MLB text on the issue: Players selected in the amateur draft cannot be traded for one year after signing. They can, however, be included as a "Player to be Named Later" (PTBNL) in a trade. A PTBNL must be named within six months of the trade. Now, your failed captious attempt stems from your animus due to your deep seated disturbance regarding same-sex-sexual-relations issue. Remember, no matter how long man walks this earth, sexual behavior will never be a physical identity. You need to stop pretending that man has the answer to values and moral issues, even if you read some of the highest IQ minds infected with the evil affected arrogance that mankind is wise. Man is stupid, the very moment man attempts to use body politic to determine moral values.
    Posted by hankwilliams

Really thanks for the info, I pretty much found it on my own and informed you that I knew that trade was possible.  Your not telling me anything I didn't already know.....So what does your hatred for homosexuals have to with this conversation at all? and why bring that off subject remark from a different thread in here?  This is why you are a troll. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

HanRam is also a Nice RH bat that this lineup needs....still offense isn't needed nearly as much as pitching.  If we are going to make a big trade this offseason I'd rather see some pitching brought in.   Who might be available via the Pitching market?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It would be interesting to hear some of the players Bobby V would like to see on his club. I'm thinking it may be pretty close to the cast that was here last year.

Course we need at least two starting pitchers.
    We need 2-4 additional pen candidates.
    We may need a new RH batting  RF.
    Possibly a DH.
    Possibly a 3 b. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Timewise, we are now pretty close to having a new Manager. Whoever is the new Manager, I think the FO and ownership should get the new Manager's input. The likely new Manager has been doing analysis for ESPN for the past 2 Seasons, thus, it pretty certain he has his own opinion, particularly, players he would like to add to the Roster.  Perfect timing to get his input.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

now is the time to trade ellsbury, There is no way he is going to sign with boston before or when he becomes a FA, 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Candy Wandy...would be sweet...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I can't endorse this suggested trade -- Seattle's Michael Pineda and Brandon League for Jacoby Ellsbury -- from Shannon Drayer (whom I nonetheless respect as one of the best Mariner beat reporters):

http://mynorthwest.com/374/581345/Could-Ellsbury-be-the-answer-for-the-Mariners

My problem is five years of Michael Pineda (and one year of Brandon League) for only two years of Jacoby Ellsbury. From a Seattle perspective, I would be reluctant to buy high on Ellsbury, although one could argue that the Mariners would be selling high on Pineda and League.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

So what does your hatred for homosexuals

There are males and females. What you attempt to classify as an identity is nothing more than behavior. I hate no man or woman, but I pity fools like you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Yes the big shake up started today; the sox signed Chorye Spoone (8th round pick, 243 overall in 2005 draft) and assigned him to spring training. They can not even pick a manager, forget about the trades and big signinings. Be happy if they get a decent manager and some compensation for Jacka** Theo. This offseason has been a total sucker!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yes the big shake up started today; the sox signed Chorye Spoone (8th round pick, 243 overall in 2005 draft) and assigned him to spring training. They can not even pick a manager, forget about the trades and big signinings. Be happy if they get a decent manager and some compensation for Jacka** Theo. This offseason has been a total sucker!
    Posted by lhtak

Offseason hasn't really even started yet.  It's not even December yet

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : Offseason hasn't really even started yet.  It's not even December yet
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Exactly.  Not many teams have made any moves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : Exactly.  Not many teams have made any moves.
    Posted by moonslav59

Oh really, best closer in the market is singed by the Phillies a few weeks ago and as we speak Nathan is signed by the Rangers. I hope you guys wake up and see what is obvious and that is a big mess with the Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: I think this season there will be a couple of trades : Oh really, best closer in the market is singed by the Phillies a few weeks ago and as we speak Nathan is signed by the Rangers. I hope you guys wake up and see what is obvious and that is a big mess with the Sox.
    Posted by lhtak

Yes, 2 out of 30 teams is not much.

I wasn't aware that Papelbon and Nathan were the only two worthwhile players out there.  

Yes, we are in somehwat of a mess, but just because we didn't jump the gun on 2 FAs doesn't mean the offseason is a failure. Many teams have 4-10 open slots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The best deals tend to come at the end of an auction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Moonslav59, I am not trying to argue with you and I want the sox to win as much as any sox fan if not more. But I just can not understand how ignorant some of us are and just do not look at the facts. Lets get back to a few events after the last September collapse...
    1) manager is kicked out.
    2) GM is kicked out.
    3) Their closer for more than half of the decade is gone.
    4) We can not get compensation yet for Theo.
    5) Do not have the replacement for manager yet. Sox interiew Sveum prior to the Cubs but Cubs take him.
    6) Maddox requests not to be considered by the Sox but goes for the interview with the Cubs.
    7) They do not know who can close the games now.
    8) Their DH is most likely gone, no viable replacement.
    9) Phillies and Rangers have gotten better while the Sox downgraded.
    10)....it is just frustrating that they are in such big mess.

I honestly believe that they are treating this year as a bridge year without saying it. It may be true but the current team without the downgrades is very good, but they gave up on 2012. It cannot get any worse and the biggest losers are you, me and the fans. Again, I hope they get things in order and atleast make it to the playoffs in 2012.

Sections
Shortcuts