I Tip My Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I Tip My Cap

Just like I said in Sept, the RS are the top team in MLB, and clearly bested all their opponents in the PS; they are 2nd to NONE in the cerebral department, with their shifts, hitting, and pitching strategy, similar in talent, and you see the results. Even during the Regular Season, they

1. Toyed with the NYY in Sept

2. Hung a loss on Scherzer, who was at the time, 20-1

3. Took a Series from the Red Hot Dodgers, in LA, who were 44-6 at that point over a 50 game span and hadn't lost a series in 2 months.

4. Had the largest run differential in the sport, and that's playing in the toughest division.

I'm sure there's others.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and their fans. There's no doubt it was well earned. This may be the best RS team I've ever seen. It's even more remarkable given what transpired last year. Me-thinks they'll do it again next year.

The only question is MVP; perhaps they need to split it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: I Tip My Cap

classy post steve!

you're giving more praise to the sox than some of it's "fans" will after they win the ring!

it's been a fantastic season. truly magical. the anti-2012. as a matter of fact, i'm happy 2012 happened. without that disaster of a season then we likely dont have farrell or the slew of FAs (maybe Uehara since he came so cheap).

anyway, sucks the season has to end. bright side? more baseball come March!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

classy post steve!

you're giving more praise to the sox than some of it's "fans" will after they win the ring!

it's been a fantastic season. truly magical. the anti-2012. as a matter of fact, i'm happy 2012 happened. without that disaster of a season then we likely dont have farrell or the slew of FAs (maybe Uehara since he came so cheap).

anyway, sucks the season has to end. bright side? more baseball come March!!

Thx

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I feel good for Ben Cherington, who endured much abuse in his first year as the Red Sox general manager.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

congrats RSN on a great year

a very deep & balanced team

that was very hard not to like

TG for posters like andrewitch and KST

to help in that dept ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

to help in that dept ;-)

Very clever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Just like I said in Sept, the RS are the top team in MLB, and clearly bested all their opponents in the PS; they are 2nd to NONE in the cerebral department, with their shifts, hitting, and pitching strategy, similar in talent, and you see the results. Even during the Regular Season, they

3. Took a Series from the Red Hot Dodgers, in LA, who were 44-6 at that point over a 50 game span and hadn't lost a series in 2 months.

4. Had the largest run differential in the sport, and that's playing in the toughest division.

I'm sure there's others.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and their fans. There's no doubt it was well earned. This may be the best RS team I've ever seen. It's even more remarkable given what transpired last year. Me-thinks they'll do it again next year.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Thanks Yankee friends!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm sure there's others.

And lost 2 closers along the way and found the solution from within, amazing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Classy post Steven - a good year after some rough ones...feelin' good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

I'm sure there's others.

+1

Thanks Jete. Your classy as always. But I disagree on this being the best Red Sox team in our lifetime. I'm 56 and I believe our best team was........ugh! 1978. Yes I know we lost to you guys in a one game playoff but from top to bottom that was the best team imo in my lifetime. Thanks again and may the Red Sox and Yankees be in a pennant race next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Best Sox team ever. Not the most talented, but the best team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I'm sure there's others.

Thank you, Granite State Steven.  I grew up jealous of the Yankees and their dynasties.  I was envious of the Earl Weaver Baltimore teams and felt slighted growing up as a Red Sox fan.  After a while, I felt that our turn would never come.  I just wanted to experience one WS Championship to know what that was like.  

Our day came in 2004.  The Red Sox had finally broken through.  Everything I get from here on out is extra, although still special.  In the end, however, it's still just a baseball game and seemingly superficial in the grand scheme of things.  What's important is the journey itself and the human connections that are created in the process.  Your gracious post is a reminder of that.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

to help in that dept ;-)

I had a begrudging respect for the Yankee teams of the late 90s and early 00s.  At that time, I could never imagine that one day the Red Sox would be a model organization and become the class team in baseball.  It demonstrates that you can do it with or without facial hair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I feel good for Ben Cherington, who endured much abuse in his first year as the Red Sox general manager.

A little redemption for Theo as well.  Ben did a great job, but Theo left him Salty, Pedey, Bogaerts, Ellsbury, Papi, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Tazawa, Workman, etc.  Of course, Ben had to undo Theo's biggest mistkae in CC, but it was a nice joint effort.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here's another impressive factoid; of recent vintage, including the PS, Cards have been 26-6 at home; RS came in on the biggest stage and won 2 of 3; and the one loss was spurious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thanks Steven.  very nice post.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I think it maybe time to go to the vault and pull up some of your post on the Sox and Mariners. You refered to them as what "two last place team with hopeful fanbases".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

To be honest, I never thought the Sox would do much this year.  When they won 97 and had the home field advantage throughout the playoffs and WS, I still worried about those two lefties from Tampa, the Tigers mighty rotation and lineup, and the Cardinals overall excellence (and 97 wins).  And I think that very uncertainty made for a great season and even greater postseason. 

Beyond question the Sox pitching was the key to this postseason.  They were incredible.  Lowest ERA of all 10 or so teams in the postseason. 

That said, I think Ortiz's grandslam in the 8th inning of game 2 of the ALCS was a crucial turning point.  Without it, the Sox were going to Detroit down 2-0 and facing Verlander in game 3.  And the other big hit was Gomes's 3 run dinger in game 4,without which the Sox could have been down 3-1. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

thanks Steven.  very nice post.

And thanks for not ribbing me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

I'm sure there's others.

Yes you did Steven. You saw more in them then most of us here.

Not often we get congratulations from yankee fans but you,jete and zac are the rare exception. Thank you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Steven you are and always will be one of the classiest yankee fans to come into our forum. You are a really great baseball fan and even in cyberspace, it is a pleasure to know you and have you in here. plus, I can't leave out Jetes,zac and jessy as well. I hope you have a great and safe winter and join us with our hotstove subjects down the road. And trust me, your yanks will come back and be competitive next year. (just not too competitive mind you) Wink

Hammah!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thanks yank fans!

Jete, you were rooting for the sox all along weren't you Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Thanks yank fans!

Jete, you were rooting for the sox all along weren't you Wink

LOL..don't make me come find you missy!! YellTongue Out

Sections