I told you so

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I told you so

OK, Francona bashers, here's your chance.  While the Sox are batting, speak up and tell us whether Bard or Aceves should pitch the 8th, assuming the score remains 4-2.

But speak up now when it means something.  Don't do your usual baloney and announce how bad a decision was after the fact.  If you're smarter than Francona, now's your chance to show it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawful. Show crawful's posts

Re: I told you so

i don't trust either one at this point, but i would go with bard; unless they can get 6 outs with PAPS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Definitely Bard. No question Bard. Unless there's something physically wrong, gotta get back on the horsie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to I told you so:
    OK, Francona bashers, here's your chance.  While the Sox are batting, speak up and tell us whether Bard or Aceves should pitch the 8th, assuming the score remains 4-2. But speak up now when it means something.  Don't do your usual baloney and announce how bad a decision was after the fact.  If you're smarter than Francona, now's your chance to show it. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Bard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Bard but if he doesn't get the job done, I'm going to disavow this post.

Innocent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I agree on Bard.  He's been the 8th inning man all year long, and the Sox are going to need him the rest of the way.  Worst case, Pap comes in to replace him if things go bad in the 8th. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Someone call the internet police. Someone stole my computer and typed Bard. I really wanted Aceves to stay in.

Cry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: I told you so:
    I agree on Bard.  He's been the 8th inning man all year long, and the Sox are going to need him the rest of the way.  Worst case, Pap comes in to replace him if things go bad in the 8th. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

It sure looks as though Bard has a big confidence problem, walking the the first two guys he faced.   He seems to have learned a key lesson from his last two or three outings, all bad--don't throw anything remotely hittable. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Bard has hit confidence wall. Terrible decision to bring him in this stage and score. Should have gone with expansion committee to get an out or two and then gone to Papelbon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I cannot believe Francona didn't stick with Aceves in the 8th.  he was throwing darts and hadn't even broken a sweat.  What, is he "resting him"?  What a moron

JK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What a stupid decision to bring in Bard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this is how our manager operates...why does this surpise anyone...Bard in 8th  paps in 9th

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

I cannot believe Francona didn't stick with Aceves in the 8th.  he was throwing darts and hadn't even broken a sweat.  What, is he "resting him"?  What a moron JK
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

right.take out the guy pitching well for one who has been terrible lately. Why? coma thinks like this.we need to get bards confidence back by sending him out there for his usual 8th.not -WE NEED TO WIN THIS GAME!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What was Coma thinking?He should have had Paplebon pitch the 8th and 9th innings.
    Also a JK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dansox1. Show dansox1's posts

bard is a bust cannot throw strikes,i think he is shell shocked 9 runs in last 3 outings,also has blown 5 leads this year go with aceves

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonisfknggay. Show Bostonisfknggay's posts

How did Bard work out for you guys???? LMAO!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

As I said before Francoma can't manage a one or two run game. Why not bring in your closer with a two run lead? These games will come back to haunt us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bard has hit confidence wall. Terrible decision to bring him in this stage and score. Should have gone with expansion committee to get an out or two and then gone to Papelbon.
    Posted by napalmball

Go check the OP.  Commenting after the fact is meaningless.  You needed to say beforehand, "no, I don't think Bard should pitch today."  20-20 hindsight doesn't count on this thread.  Oh, and I completely disagree it was a "terrible decision."  Bard has been the Sox best 8th inning reliever for two years now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Oh, and he hasnt been in last consecutive outings. Oh, and you were wrong. Oh, and saying so before the fact doesn't make you right. Oh, and making a player regain confidence and better form in lower stress situtation is wiser than the tired old "I still have confidence in you and am going to put you back on the bycycle in rush hour traffic after you have wrecked consecutivey".  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riles519. Show riles519's posts

The big question is why isn't Paps ready to come in as soon as Bard walks the 1st 2 batters. The Sox clearly the league in walked batters that have come around to score!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

riles, good point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Can we just put Pedro Martinez in for the 8th????

Geezum!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

There's no doubt that I would have chosen Bard. The guy has great stuff. But, unfortunately he needs a split-finger pitch. Any professional hitter can catch up to a 97 or 98 m.p.h. fastball if it has no movement. It's beginning to look like hitters know enough to sit back when his slider is not getting over. After this latest loss, I think it's safe to say Papelbon isn't going anywhere next season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

On Francona, everything is predictable, and that's really all you need to know about Tito. He will always have Tek catch only certain pitchers, only have Salty catch Wake, only play Darnell McDonald v a lefty no matter what, only pitch Bard in the 8th, only pitch Papelbon in the 9th, and always, always will pull his starting pitcher before the SP can get out of his own jam in the 6th or 7th. It's just the way Tito does it. It's like a book with rules. Do this when situation A comes up, do that when situation B comes up. Now, do you ignore the book and be crucified if something goes wrong because you don't use the book, or do you use the book and then say afterward, "well, I went with what we always do, and what we always do works often."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

That is not either defending Tito, nor criticizing him. I'm simply stating a fact. 

Sections
Shortcuts