I totallyconfued

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I totallyconfued

I have to be honest I thought the object of dumping those salaries last year was to use our prospects NOW? Did I miss something? Why build a bridge to nowhere? Im tired of hearing they are not ready. I can suffer 3 years with kids while they grow. Now we will hear three years from now when they come up that they need two years in the pro's to develop. INSANE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: I totallyconfued

unless youre Notin or carnie, these moves are insane....

the good news is it over for Ben in 2013....this team is not just bad but laughingstock bad.....it might be so bad that like a train wreck, you cant stop watching...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Sorry for my bad spelling. My computer kept deleting letters on me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i wish we could delete ben

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

In response to Seeger88's comment:

Can someone provide us with the ages of the four Bs and the others.?

I totallyconfued also. I thought pike only used 1 account.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Seeger88's comment:

Can someone provide us with the ages of the four Bs and the others.?

Try SoxProspects.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

I still confuEd about thecleavage google!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

unless youre Notin or carnie, these moves are insane....

the good news is it over for Ben in 2013....this team is not just bad but laughingstock bad.....it might be so bad that like a train wreck, you cant stop watching...

Were you this big a crybaby when you were a kid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What is wrong with Pedroia, Iggy, Drew, Middlebrooks, and Ciracio manning 3rd, SS and 3rd?

they signed short term good players to fill needs. They have not lost any draftIckes nor have they lost any minor league players of potential.

you all complained about bad high paid contracts and now you are complaining about low contracts for good players based upon current signings. If BJ Upton gets 15 mil and he is strictly defense then what is wrong with signings go good D and good O players?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

I have to be honest I thought the object of dumping those salaries last year was to use our prospects NOW? Did I miss something? Why build a bridge to nowhere? Im tired of hearing they are not ready. I can suffer 3 years with kids while they grow. Now we will hear three years from now when they come up that they need two years in the pro's to develop. INSANE!

Who was that guy that played third base for us last year...the guy we let Youkilis go so he could play...Will something wasn't it? 

And didn't Lavarnway and Iglesias get some playing time at the end of the year? 

Yes, somebody is confused here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

What is wrong with Pedroia, Iggy, Drew, Middlebrooks, and Ciracio manning 3rd, SS and 3rd?

they signed short term good players to fill needs. They have not lost any draftIckes nor have they lost any minor league players of potential.

you all complained about bad high paid contracts and now you are complaining about low contracts for good players based upon current signings. If BJ Upton gets 15 mil and he is strictly defense then what is wrong with signings go good D and good O players?

Jim,

I was not complaining. Im just confused as to why we would just not go to the kids now and get on with the show.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Who was that guy that played third base for us last year...the guy we let go Youkilis go so he could play...Will something wasn't it? 

And didn't Lavarnway and Iglesias get some playing time at the end of the year? 

Yes, somebody is confused here.

I would not call this a youth movement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Jim,

I was not complaining. Im just confused as to why we would just not go to the kids now and get on with the show.

I think the point is that Ben and Co. think that most of the kids they're highest on aren't ready for prime time yet. Hence all the 1, 2 and 3 year deals for free agents that don't require compensation. I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy, I'd be all for throwing Bogaerts, JBJ and DeLaRosa right into the fire, but Ben seems to want to make sure they're fully developed before he brings them up.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, the thing is, Cherington is getting blasted here by a lot of people for signing mediocre players because the 2013 team doesn't look that great.

But meanwhile, he hasn't traded a single prospect and he hasn't given up a single draft pick, and all these deals he's giving are short-term.  Shouldn't he be getting some credit from people who want to see these prospects in Red Sox uniforms?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Well, the thing is, Cherington is getting blasted here by a lot of people for signing mediocre players because the 2013 team doesn't look that great.

But meanwhile, he hasn't traded a single prospect and he hasn't given up a single draft pick, and all these deals he's giving are short-term.  Shouldn't he be getting some credit from people who want to see these prospects in Red Sox uniforms?  

You missed the whole point of the OP. He is saying put the prospects in umiform now and let them play. Struggle through it for a couple of years and let them develop. We will better in the long term.
    The sox could do this till the cows come home, say the prospects aren't ready and sign mediocre guys to fill the gaps. Let the youth of this team take the ball and run with it. it could be no worse than what we have done.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

You missed the whole point of the OP. He is saying put the prospects in umiform now and let them play. Struggle through it for a couple of years and let them develop. We will better in the long term.
    The sox could do this till the cows come home, say the prospects aren't ready and sign mediocre guys to fill the gaps. Let the youth of this team take the ball and run with it. it could be no worse than what we have done.

No, I didn't miss the damn point.  I pointed out that Middlebrooks, Lavarnway and Iglesias all played last year.  Maybe you missed the games they played in while you were watching your NL team play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Who are the prospects who are not getting a chance?  Iglesias and Lavarnway still need some development, but, even so, they got run last year and will get run this year as well.  Kalish and Nava will be competing for starting job in LF.  Beyond that, who is the prospect remotely ready?  While it might be foolish to sit on kids too long, it is far more foolish to push them into service too early.  Brentz and Bradley et all are just not ready.  the Mike Trouts of the world are few and far between.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't hate the team. But whether you like Aviles or not trading a guy who makes 1.2 million for a manager and then signing Drew for 9.5 when Aviles arguably had a better year last years seems a tad insane to me.

Again I think Aviles was just average last year. But so was Drew.  Why one is worth 9 million more than the other is beyond me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I'm not confused. The Red Sox have incompetent management and are now up to about 1 billion in labor costs that have produced zero playoff wins.

Sure, say it for the thousandth time, it gets more interesting and insightful every time you repeat it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You could make a case that Lavarnway and Iglesias should have MLB jobs to start the season (and personally I'd have no problem with that, though I understand the apparent hesitance about Iggy's bat). Maybe De La Rosa too (though he's coming off TJ surgery and I don't mind them starting him off slowly). Brentz might not be far off either.

Other than that, who are these MLB-ready prospects who should be given starting jobs to open the season? Did anyone seriously think we'd be plucking guys straight out of A and AA and counting on them for a full season in the majors?

The plan is to phase the kids in over a period of a couple seasons, not to throw them to the wolves all at once. Even if we were going into full-fledged rebuilding mode I wouldn't have expected to see guys like Bradley, Bogaerts, and Barnes right away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I'm not confused. The Red Sox have incompetent management and are now up to about 1 billion in labor costs that have produced zero playoff wins.

Sure, say it for the thousandth time, it gets more interesting and insightful every time you repeat it.

Softlaw just has that one point and he just keeps making it.

Sections
Shortcuts