I totallyconfued

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: I totallyconfued

In response to Promise4you2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is wrong with Pedroia, Iggy, Drew, Middlebrooks, and Ciracio manning 3rd, SS and 3rd?

they signed short term good players to fill needs. They have not lost any draftIckes nor have they lost any minor league players of potential.

you all complained about bad high paid contracts and now you are complaining about low contracts for good players based upon current signings. If BJ Upton gets 15 mil and he is strictly defense then what is wrong with signings go good D and good O players?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

[/QUOTE]

Jim,

I was not complaining. Im just confused as to why we would just not go to the kids now and get on with the show.

[/QUOTE]

They are not ready having them play and not be ready is a disaster waiting to happen. There are few Bryce Harpers and mike trouts. If I were their fans I'd be concerned a little about a Sophmore fall back. It happens a lot Especially with players who are 20 to 24.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is wrong with Pedroia, Iggy, Drew, Middlebrooks, and Ciracio manning 3rd, SS and 3rd?

they signed short term good players to fill needs. They have not lost any draftIckes nor have they lost any minor league players of potential.

you all complained about bad high paid contracts and now you are complaining about low contracts for good players based upon current signings. If BJ Upton gets 15 mil and he is strictly defense then what is wrong with signings go good D and good O players?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

[/QUOTE]

I don't hate the team. But whether you like Aviles or not trading a guy who makes 1.2 million for a manager and then signing Drew for 9.5 when Aviles arguably had a better year last years seems a tad insane to me.

Again I think Aviles was just average last year. But so was Drew.  Why one is worth 9 million more than the other is beyond me.

[/QUOTE]

It is not just about last year. Drew has been a damn good starter prior to his injury. Then last year he got better as the year went on. 

look beyond one year..last year he was considered a part time player not a starter like he was the previous yr and in KC

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

unless youre Notin or carnie, these moves are insane....

the good news is it over for Ben in 2013....this team is not just bad but laughingstock bad.....it might be so bad that like a train wreck, you cant stop watching...

[/QUOTE]

I'd add Drewski and myself to that list.

The only person complaining about these moves that isn't constantly whining and complaining about something is Moonslav.

[/QUOTE]

I get the sense that a lot of people have been underwhelmed or skeptical about the signings so far, but only a select group feel the need to make half a dozen new threads every day repackaging the same complaints. There comes a point when you've made your feelings known and it's time to wait for the games to be played to see how things turn out...starting 150 threads between now and April about how much you think Victorino or Dempster sukks and Cherington is a big dummy dum-dum isn't going to change a thing.

[/QUOTE]

You can add me to your response. We can whine all we want but it will not make myself feel any better. I am actually looking forward to the know it alls and crystal ball readers on this forum, it just makes my day. I hope these resigns will come and bite all of us in the AS!@#$ ES!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Glad all of you are major league talent evaluaters! Who says the kids can't play at 20-24? Maybe you should look at TB! They have done well with young players. But hey what do they know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have to be honest I thought the object of dumping those salaries last year was to use our prospects NOW? Did I miss something? Why build a bridge to nowhere? Im tired of hearing they are not ready. I can suffer 3 years with kids while they grow. Now we will hear three years from now when they come up that they need two years in the pro's to develop. INSANE!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed in full.... but I am a supposed hater  for wanting this.

Hello ol friend, hope life is treating you well! Would be great to have Harness back here. Im sure even he would say go with the kids and stop screwing around!

And the only haters are those who will not look at both sides, you are not one of them. Heres to spring training, because regardless of the team the Sox field, i will be rooting and curseing!

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Glad all of you are major league talent evaluaters! Who says the kids can't play at 20-24? Maybe you should look at TB! They have done well with young players. But hey what do they know?

[/QUOTE]

That's not the way I look at it.  The way I look at is the Red Sox organization should be able to do a better job evaluating their talent than me, or you, or anyone here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

don't forget TB was also reaping the rewards of years and years and years of last place. having the top draft picks for years will often net you better prospects. pair that with being in a small market where you HAVE no choice but to play your kids and theres your answer..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Seeger88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dan Duquette of the Orioles and Ben seem to have similar philosophies about maximizing draft picks, keeping your prospects, and avoiding long-term contracts.

[/QUOTE]

Dan Duquette hired and mentored Ben so this makes sense.

Reason #1,467 why we should fire LL and make Duke the highest paid exec in MLB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are all individuals. Tampas prospects have nothing to do with our prospects.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

I have to be honest I thought the object of dumping those salaries last year was to use our prospects NOW? Did I miss something? Why build a bridge to nowhere? Im tired of hearing they are not ready. I can suffer 3 years with kids while they grow. Now we will hear three years from now when they come up that they need two years in the pro's to develop. INSANE!

[/QUOTE]

My good friend,

I think there is some comfort in the signees ... a bit of guarantee against the complete un-doing of our prospects.

The careful consideration here is two-fold ... the short term contracts of the new fellas relieves the overbearing sense of long term dread as the former stars age well past prime (that part I think you know well), and JUST IN CASE the prospects blossom, there isn't as great a loss in taking these fellas out of the line up.

In the second case, we all take a deep breath of fresh air and enjoy the bright horizon ...

I personally am a tiny bit comforted with the new signees.   They may not be "wowee" signees, but they fit both the short term plan and may just indeed click ... ala the Idiots of the fine 2003 and 2004 seasons ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My good friend,

I think there is some comfort in the signees ... a bit of guarantee against the complete un-doing of our prospects.

The careful consideration here is two-fold ... the short term contracts of the new fellas relieves the overbearing sense of long term dread as the former stars age well past prime (that part I think you know well), and JUST IN CASE the prospects blossom, there isn't as great a loss in taking these fellas out of the line up.

In the second case, we all take a deep breath of fresh air and enjoy the bright horizon ...

I personally am a tiny bit comforted with the new signees.   They may not be "wowee" signees, but they fit both the short term plan and may just indeed click ... ala the Idiots of the fine 2003 and 2004 seasons ...

Ive missed you. Spring brings eternal hope as it has for years. I can disagree with you this once, I was all in for the kids. Im not fond of bridges. This brings nothing to the fans except a decent ball club (.500). I would rather watch the kids play and know they are developing. I've heard the rants that they need more seasoning, my honest feeling is either they have it or they don't. If they don't let them move on!

I hope you and yours have a healthy and happy holiday.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are all individuals. Tampas prospects have nothing to do with our prospects.

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you are trying to convey in your post. Are you saying that Tampa prospects are different than any other teams? If so, how would you know that? Are you a phychic? I really am curious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My good friend,

Ive missed you. Spring brings eternal hope as it has for years. I can disagree with you this once, I was all in for the kids. Im not fond of bridges. This brings nothing to the fans except a decent ball club (.500). I would rather watch the kids play and know they are developing. I've heard the rants that they need more seasoning, my honest feeling is either they have it or they don't. If they don't let them move on!

I hope you and yours have a healthy and happy holiday.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they can still develop in the minors while saving their service time. if you bring all of our top prospects up not only can you ruin their development due to being overmatched.. but you can automatically write off the next 2-3 years. thats 2-3 years of team control wasted when they could do the same thing in the minors. then by the time we get into contention our future stars will be 1-3 years away from Free agency. this "bridge" will allow them to develop PROPERLY while putting a competitive team on the field and saving team control of our future stars for when we are in contention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not the way I look at it.  The way I look at is the Red Sox organization should be able to do a better job evaluating their talent than me, or you, or anyone here.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you are trying to convey in your post. Are you saying that Tampa prospects are different than any other teams? If so, how would you know that? Are you a phychic? I really am curious.

[/QUOTE]

My point is that the success that Tampa had "playing the kids" is irrelevant.  It has no bearing on how the sox will do if the sox play the kids.  The reason being is that they are different people.