i vote for brian mccann

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: i vote for brian mccann

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Grasping at straws zack.

what R U talking about

you don't think they were lucky either

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Why would anyone want an arrogant, injury prone catcher?  He can take his  "Mr. Enforcer of unwritten rules" act to the yankees.  Let him try to block Papi from completing a home run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Fortunate that the opportunity came along, yup.

Lucky, nope.

I'll leave the arguing of the semantics of "fortunate" v.s. "lucky" to you and Zac. You could say all trades involve some luck in that there happened to be another team whose needs matched what you were offering and vice versa (which is perhaps especially true in this case -- it's not every day someone is willing to take on $250 million-plus in contracts that you no longer want), but that hardly means the Sox deserve no credit for pulling it off.

I think the Sox would've done just fine, with the numbers Gonzalez put up  in LA this year

No doubt. But there was no drop-off in production between Gonzalez and Napoli, and you can be sure the money saved between A-Gon's $21 million and Nap's $13 million for 2013 helped sign one or two of our free agent additions last winter - to say nothing of the money saved going forward for years to come.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Grasping at straws zack.

what R U talking about

you don't think they were lucky either

I'm totally comfortable with the L-word myself. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

4Bs is my new favorite poster. Always liked your posts, but you're on fire now. Hilarious in so many threads, and so right at the same time. You definitely know what you're talking about, and even your sarcasm (which I always appreciate) is dead on. Good stuff all around. IMO you're making a quiet board worth reading. When does the voting start this offseason? You should be top of the list. CoolSmile

WHAT?!?!

I'm crushed!  I might need to step up my game!

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

SO I GUESS THIS WOULD BE....UNLUCKY???

NAME         AGE        2014       2015     2016     2017

AROD         38           $25MM    21MM   20MM   20MM

+$6MM per HR milestone

CC            33           23MM      23MM     25MM

TEX          34           22.5MM   22.5MM   22.5MM

ALFONZ   38           18MM (yankees only pay a small portion)

WELLS    35           21MM (Yankees only pay a small portion)

JETER      40          12MM

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

SO I GUESS THIS WOULD BE....UNLUCKY???

NAME         AGE        2014       2015     2016     2017

AROD         38           $25MM    21MM   20MM   20MM

+$6MM per HR milestone

CC            33           23MM      23MM     25MM

TEX          34           22.5MM   22.5MM   22.5MM

ALFONZ   38           18MM

WELLS    35           21MM

JETER      40          12MM

so tell us NC

why would you list wells at 21M when the yanks will be paying $2.4M

and sori at 18 when the yanks will be paying 5M

do you really think arod gets paid 25 this yr

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes.

25MM

-6MM for being suspended 50 games

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Lucky, nope.

I'll leave the arguing of the semantics of "fortunate" v.s. "lucky" to you and Zac. You could say all trades involve some luck in that there happened to be another team whose needs matched what you were offering and vice versa (which is perhaps especially true in this case -- it's not every day someone is willing to take on $250 million-plus in contracts that you no longer want), but that hardly means the Sox deserve no credit for pulling it off.

I think the Sox would've done just fine, with the numbers Gonzalez put up  in LA this year

No doubt. But there was no drop-off in production between Gonzalez and Napoli, and you can be sure the money saved between A-Gon's $21 million and Nap's $13 million for 2013 helped sign one or two of our free agent additions last winter - to say nothing of the money saved going forward for years to come.

Zac has made some truly ridiculous posts on this thread, so why are you just questioning everything said by 4Bs?

Would you be happy if the Sox don't win championships as long as they do a good job of selling their brand? Have you ever heard a fan of any team say that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:

4Bs is my new favorite poster. Always liked your posts, but you're on fire now. Hilarious in so many threads, and so right at the same time. You definitely know what you're talking about, and even your sarcasm (which I always appreciate) is dead on. Good stuff all around. IMO you're making a quiet board worth reading. When does the voting start this offseason? You should be top of the list. CoolSmile

WHAT?!?!

LOL! So awkward you had to hear about it this way, Notin. As you know, you've been my favorite for a couple years running now. I wouldn't worry about it, though. Your post here alone puts you in a close second. Tongue OutWinkSmile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Lucky, nope.

that's pretty sad

you really can't admit they were lucky to be able to get rid of those guys

pretty hard to respect that

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Fortunate?s=t

for·tu·nate /ˈfɔrtʃənɪt/ Show Spelled [fawr-chuh-nit] Show IPA adjective 1. having good fortune ; receiving good from uncertain or unexpected sources; lucky: a fortunate young actor who got the lead in the play.

Synonyms
    1. advantageous, successful, prosperous. Fortunate, happy, lucky refer to persons who enjoy, or events that produce, good fortune. Fortunate implies that the success is obtained by the operation of favorable circumstances more than by direct effort; it is usually applied to grave or large matters (especially those happening in the ordinary course of things): fortunate in one's choice of a wife; a fortunate investment. Happy emphasizes a pleasant ending or something that happens at just the right moment: By a happy accident I received the package on time. Lucky a more colloquial word, is applied to situations that turn out well by chance: lucky at cards; my lucky day.

luck·y 1 /ˈlʌki/ Show Spelled [luhk-ee] Show IPA adjective, luck·i·er, luck·i·est. 1. having or marked by good luck ; fortunate: That was my lucky day. 2. happening fortunately: a lucky accident.  
    Synonyms
    1. favored. See fortunate . 3. auspicious, propitious, favorable.
    Antonyms
    1. unfortunate.

NC2 or 5B's

that is the question

Grasping at straws zack.

How come the mods at this forum have no interest in threads that are completely hijacked and taken prisoner?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Zac has made some truly ridiculous posts on this thread, so why are you just questioning everything said by 4Bs?

Would you be happy if the Sox don't win championships as long as they do a good job of selling their brand? Have you ever heard a fan of any team say that?

I haven't and I'm pretty sure you haven't either

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

How come the mods at this forum have no interest in threads that are completely hijacked and taken prisoner?

how come people in Il don't have manners

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to soxyjim's comment:

i was raised in oswego with his mom and dad.his dad howie and i played football

and softball together.mt kids went to howies baseball camps that brian and his

dad ran.brian will be great in the sox clubhouse not to mention he is a gammer

with loads of talent.this player is a cut above.

Its hard to get on board with McCann-or anybody else for that matter-until we find out what he will cost. You don't go out and buy a car that way, by saying that you would like that great new BMW without knowing what its going to cost you, do you? If it costs too much, I would opt for a
    less expensive model. Salty won't cost as much, but won't be as flashy-and the money the team saved in that deal could be used to fill our other holes-3B/SS, 1B, and CF.

Agree 100 percent on that, pumpsie.  At least with Salty, we KNOW what we're getting.  McCann may well be great and all thos wonderful thing, but another JD Drew, Crawford, AGon underperformer may not be worth it.  Yeah, he's young.  But, yes, the money saved can make up to add production in the likely hole CF will leave.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Zac has made some truly ridiculous posts on this thread,

And if I felt like getting into a never-ending argument with Zac about the Yankees' spending, I would have, but personally I find it a boring subject that's been beaten to death on a hundred other threads.

so why are you just questioning everything said by 4Bs?

Am I? I responded to a comment he made about Adrian Gonzalez, he replied in turn, and I replied to his reply. That's generally how it works on a message board. I'm not sure what your problem is here.

Well, I think that's really dumb, but you may want to take it up with Zac, since he said it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

GM  Flapjack07's

Well, I think that's really dumb, but you may want to take it up with Zac, since he said it.

FYI I never said that

I certainly can't blame you for not being able to keep up with all this bs

but the topic was whether the nyy learned from the  big contracts

and I said

there are a lot more teams who haven't made any big signings

that have failed without the extra tix sales

truth is the yanks have had ridiculous contracts for yrs

and it hasn't hurt the franchise value, just the opposite IMO

name brands sell better

so many want to seperate the 2

but it is a biz

no where did I say I was happy

I was just stating my opinion of the facts

5B's made that happy stuff  up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

yes.

25MM

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

Did I miss it or did you decide to ignore the correct salary numbers associated with Well's and Sori as it relates to NY's payroll?

Appeared to be a hugh cost difference don't you think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

yes.

25MM

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

Did I miss it or did you decide to ignore the correct salary numbers associated with Well's and Sori as it relates to NY's payroll?

what shall I do?  edit my original post to lower those amounts?  would that make you happy?  seeing as those are only 1 year gaffs on my list it seems pointless.  especially since it was already established that the argument was in regards to LTC and that the 1 year mishaps shall be ignored.  so i ignored.  

the bigger issue is the years worth of contracts remaining:

arod - disgraced, old, user

texiera - old, injury prone

cc - 4th or 5th starter

jay z - ???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes.

25MM

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

original post edited for your pleasure. 

you can still claim otherwise but I would bet the farm you had graig nettles underoos as a child....and wholeheartedly denied the super ball incident as he grabbed someone else's bat....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

yes.

25MM

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

what shall I do?  edit my original post to lower those amounts?  would that make you happy?  seeing as those are only 1 year gaffs on my list it seems pointless.  especially since it was already established that the argument was in regards to LTC and that the 1 year mishaps shall be ignored.  so i ignored.  

cc - 4th or 5th starter

jay z - ???

I think he was refering to why you answered just 1

and didn't answer all 3 of my questions

so tell us NC

why would you list wells at 21M when the yanks will be paying $2.4M

and sori at 18 when the yanks will be paying 5M

was I wrong in giving U 2 much credit 

by thinking you  knew better

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Cashman resigned wells and soriano at $20MM x 5 each for the next 5 years.  I mean, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to give a ridiculous contract or two- would it>????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

i was raised in oswego with his mom and dad.his dad howie and i played football

and softball together.mt kids went to howies baseball camps that brian and his

dad ran.brian will be great in the sox clubhouse not to mention he is a gammer

with loads of talent.this player is a cut above.

2 words, DRAFT PICK! A 1st round draft pick at that! Even with the frustrating way "Salty" hits, the strikeout after strikeout, I'd still rather have him at less money and commitment and AND NO DRAFT PICK!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to notin's comment:

WHAT?!?!

don't worry notin...in the words of rapper Jadakiss..you're top 5..dead or alive!! {#emotions_dlg.wink}

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

yes.

25MM

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

cc - 4th or 5th starter

jay z - ???

All good points.

But one has to wonder why you thought it was important enough to respond to the Arod salary for 2014.

While the other two players 2014 contracts were deemed not important.

I just figured you made a mistake you choose not to acknowledge.

Sections
Shortcuts