i vote for brian mccann

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: i vote for brian mccann

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

do you really think arod gets paid 25 this yr

[/QUOTE]

yes.

25MM

-6MM for being suspended 50 games

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

[/QUOTE]

Did I miss it or did you decide to ignore the correct salary numbers associated with Well's and Sori as it relates to NY's payroll?

Appeared to be a hugh cost difference don't you think.

[/QUOTE]

original post edited for your pleasure. 

you can still claim otherwise but I would bet the farm you had graig nettles underoos as a child....and wholeheartedly denied the super ball incident as he grabbed someone else's bat....

[/QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

99% of your posts are foolish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

[/QUOTE] ah, that Slasher...always shooting for perfection {#emotions_dlg.tongue_out}{#emotions_dlg.wink}

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to KRomine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Gammer"?...Is that like "Choker"?

[/QUOTE]

no, its "chocker" :P

Brian McCann will be paid like Molina and he seems to be trending downward offensively, injuries over the last couple years, with one of them being a shoulder/labrum. He was already pretty pedestrian throwing runners out. 1% better than Salty. You really want to even go near 6/90-100M with this guy? Sorry, let the Rangers overspend. Although I probably would bet the first 2 years should be Ok, the last 3-4 will be bad.

But if I had to choose between BM and JS, Id choose Salty. His numbers are trending up, hes younger and wont cost a stupid amount of $$ like McCann. Some here whine and cry about cs%, but they want McCann? Hes right in line with Salty defensively. Thats a fact, like it or not. Hes been better then Salty offensively over his career, but Salty has looked better the last couple years in that department. Salty is clearly the better deal.

All this Salty and McCann talk is wasted time If the Sox think that Vasquez and/or Swihart are their guys in another year or 2. They will just find a stopgap like Ruiz, Suzuki or someone like that.

[/QUOTE]

I agree mostly. 

Personally, I'd try to sign Salty for three years. He's been improving each year. For all his streakiness and striking out, he did hit .276 with good xtra-base hit numbers (doubles/HRs). He's handling the staff better and another year with the pitchers and Ross should help. The W.S. notwithstanding, he's not terrible defensively -- not great, but acceptable and he improved throwing batters out. In all phases of the game, he has shown improvement.

I'd rather keep Salty than give up a draft pick for McCann. And, if one of the youngsters look ready, Salty should be tradeable, given the lack of catching in the big leagues.

[/QUOTE] The problem with signing Salty for three years are named Swihart,Butler,Vasquez and Denney all o which will be knocking the door down before the 3 years are up. Swihart is another Varitek offensively and might be the best catcher in the system since Fisk. Sorry I like Salty also but a stopgap with defensive and mediocre offensive skills will suffice. A.J.,Ruiz or even Butler ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

4Bs is my new favorite poster. Always liked your posts, but you're on fire now. Hilarious in so many threads, and so right at the same time. You definitely know what you're talking about, and even your sarcasm (which I always appreciate) is dead on. Good stuff all around. IMO you're making a quiet board worth reading. When does the voting start this offseason? You should be top of the list. CoolSmile

[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!

I'm crushed!  I might need to step up my game!

:)

[/QUOTE] don't worry notin...in the words of rapper Jadakiss..you're top 5..dead or alive!! {#emotions_dlg.wink}

[/QUOTE]

Easily on anyone's list. I'm guessing you join him there as well. CoolSmile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

do you really think arod gets paid 25 this yr

[/QUOTE]

yes.

25MM

-6MM for being suspended 50 games

+ 6MM for 6 hr's

[/QUOTE]

Did I miss it or did you decide to ignore the correct salary numbers associated with Well's and Sori as it relates to NY's payroll?

Appeared to be a hugh cost difference don't you think.

[/QUOTE]

original post edited for your pleasure. 

you can still claim otherwise but I would bet the farm you had graig nettles underoos as a child....and wholeheartedly denied the super ball incident as he grabbed someone else's bat....

[/QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

And 99% of your posts are about the Yankees on a Sox board. So what's your point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about Hingham. He just gets upset when anyone says something negative about the Yankees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about Hingham. He just gets upset when anyone says something negative about the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Not even close Kim.

No news there.

What I object to is a poster that doesn't allow hard facts to get in the way of their thought process.

Slasher in this case posted incorrect stats concerning the yanks payroll obligations for 2014 and when called on by another poster didn't have the stones to admit his mistake.

Supporting someone like that puts you in the same light.

Again, no news there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not even close Kim.

No news there.

What I object to is a poster that doesn't allow hard facts to get in the way of their thought process.

Slasher in this case posted incorrect stats concerning the yanks payroll obligations for 2014 and when called on by another poster didn't have the stones to admit his mistake.

Again, no news there.

[/QUOTE]

Oooooh. Did Slasher put up incorrect stats concerning the Yanks payroll obligations for 2014? I had no idea he committed such a crime on a Sox board. LMAO

And any light you put me in, believe me, is of no concern to me. Run along now, and see what other threads Zac might need assistance in. Your forte.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Oooooh. Did Slasher put up incorrect stats concerning the Yanks payroll obligations for 2014? I had no idea he committed such a crime on a Sox board. LMAO

And any light you put me in, believe me, is of no concern to me. Run along now, and see what other threads Zac might need assistance in. Your forte.

what does being on a sox board have to do with anything

does credilbility mean that little to you

U all sit around the kitchen table and lie all the time ?

I'm thinking ..........yup

Zac has made some truly ridiculous posts on this thread, so why are you just questioning everything said by 4Bs?

Would you be happy if the Sox don't win championships as long as they do a good job of selling their brand? Have you ever heard a fan of any team say that?

I haven't and I'm pretty sure you haven't either

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"original post edited"

Why stop there?

[/QUOTE]

100%.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not even close Kim.

No news there.

Again, no news there.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"any light you put me in,believe me,is of no concern to me"

If that were true you would not have responded to it.

"LMAO"

Clearly an improvement over what it is usually subjected to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

According to Buster Olney McCann would take LESS money to play in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Buster Olney McCann would take LESS money to play in Boston.

[/QUOTE]
    If that's true (and I'm not doubting it) McCann could be a player cut from the same cloth as that guy who plays 2B for the Sox.  That alone would make me kick the tires on McCann. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Olney said that if the Red Sox make Brian McCann a competitive offer, McCann would consider taking slightly less money since he's a good fit in their clubhouse atmosphere.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/boston_red_sox/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Mc Cann is a big ka-ka for a catcher!  6'3", 230. 

Two concerns:

He's going to be expensive

and

He's going to block our developing catchers

I looked at Vasquez' numbers and he put up good numbers in Portland.  And of course his "pop time" is becoming almost legendary now. And he's going to be cheap. IF he comes as billed he could be in Boston in 2015 -unless Swihert proves to be better - so I'd prefer to get a one-year "rental".

Tough decision. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two concerns:

and

I looked at Vasquez' numbers and he put up good numbers in Portland.  And of course his "pop time" is becoming almost legendary now. And he's going to be cheap. IF he comes as billed he could be in Boston in 2015 -unless Swihert proves to be better - so I'd prefer to get a one-year "rental".

Tough decision. 

[/QUOTE]

McCann and Saltalamacchia will both block developing catchers.  Their deals will probably be more similar than they should be.

Hey I think the Sox should go to long time notin-favorite and former member of the "Chad Gaudin All Stars" (if anyone remember those) and make a deal for Ryan Hanigan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two concerns:

and

Tough decision. 

[/QUOTE]

McCann and Saltalamacchia will both block developing catchers.  Their deals will probably be more similar than they should be.

Hey I think the Sox should go to long time notin-favorite and former member of the "Chad Gaudin All Stars" (if anyone remember those) and make a deal for Ryan Hanigan.

[/QUOTE]

Of all the potential trade possibilities at catcher, this might be my favorite. The only negative is that I would prefer a lefty to platoon with Ross and or eventually Vasquez. And of course Hanigans crappy OPS this year. But I think that was mostly bad luck. Maybe Morales to replace Arroyo?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two concerns:

and

Tough decision. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of all the potential trade possibilities at catcher, this might be my favorite. The only negative is that I would prefer a lefty to platoon with Ross and or eventually Vasquez. And of course Hanigans crappy OPS this year. But I think that was mostly bad luck. Maybe Morales to replace Arroyo?

[/QUOTE]

Morales is a good thought, but he is unlikely to replace Arroyo and his inhuman durability....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hanigan is definitely worth a look.

Sections
Shortcuts