I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!

Dropping the first two makes this prospect ineffective.  The Sox have a great opportunity to stick it to Baltimore as they are often able to do (last September, any one?)  

Too bad this is what the team may relegated to this year.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!

In Response to I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!:
    Dropping the first two makes this prospect ineffective.  The Sox have a great opportunity to stick it to Baltimore as they are often able to do (last September, any one?)   Too bad this is what the team may relegated to this year.......
    Posted by rickerd2

Spoiler?  Spoiler?  You have to be able to win some games......and against teams in contention at that....The Sox have no fire and a lack of pitching talent to do anything other than roll over and take it from pretty much the entire league....

Do you remember in 2004 when we need to win a few more games to clinch?  And we looked at the schedule and saw Tampa?  And we pretty much penciled in wins and a playoff birth?  Check that - INKED it in......

Well, guess what?  That's what the Baltimores and Tampas of the world are doing with Boston now....In a 4 team race, whoever gets to play the Red Sox the most, has the greatest chance of making it into the playoffs!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!

The O's are the same in the past two years that KC was back for a few years in the 70's
    No matter how the O's are playing they become the best team in MLB against the RS just like KC used to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!:
    The O's are the same in the past two years that KC was back for a few years in the 70's No matter how the O's are playing they become the best team in MLB against the RS just like KC used to.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Everybody is beating the Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Baltimore believes in themselves.

Buck Showalter instilled an attitude from day one.

This is a team that was going nowhere, years of losing. The young talent is growing every year. They now have some decent pitching.

The Red Sox should stop trying to copy the Yankees and look to Tampa Bay and Baltimore ( and soon Toronto) as the model for success in the new ( steroid free...almost) MLB.

Youth, speed, determination, pride, desire.....look at the Orioles , the Pirates, these teams are stocking up on young talent. Signing older, high priced big egos is old hat....it doesn't work anymore. The two Wildcard team system works in favor of the teams with stamina , desire and young talent. Now teams that didn't have a prayer are now believing they have a shot. Great for baseball, bad for bloated, money hemoragging teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not!:
    In Response to Re: I was hoping the Sox could at least play the spoiler for the O's. Guess not! : Everybody is beating the Red Sox.
    Posted by ADG

I guess we play KC every week now - delusional...LMAO.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

It would seem there has to be something they could come out and play for.  Playing for the early pick isn't cool.

Gosh, any fire would be something at this point!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This team is 100% done stick a fork in them. They have no fire or passion, just playing out the string. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

There were strong signs of them being done in April.

Certainly most of us knew they were done in June.

I'd say they should play for pride if they had any.  I don't care what anyone tells me.......When I see Lester and Beckett take the hill they are simply punching in their time cards and going through the motions until Bobby tells them they can cut out of work early....How can the position players want to help those guys get "W"'s? 

You guys know I usually end up being right even though you hate to hear what I say....Give it some time......this will be revealed soon enough as well....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

that's why I advocated for BV's firing in May. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

that's why I advocated for BV's firing in May. 
    Posted by dannycater

well, I don't think BV is the root cause

however, I cringed when they hired him - he's arrogant plus that whole thing in the dugout after he was tossed was so wrong on so many levels........I remember I cited that as my main example for not hiring him and of course, I was crushed on here by that my suggestion of his character.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Baltimore believes in themselves. Buck Showalter instilled an attitude from day one. This is a team that was going nowhere, years of losing. The young talent is growing every year. They now have some decent pitching. The Red Sox should stop trying to copy the Yankees and look to Tampa Bay and Baltimore ( and soon Toronto) as the model for success in the new ( steroid free...almost) MLB. Youth, speed, determination, pride, desire.....look at the Orioles , the Pirates, these teams are stocking up on young talent. Signing older, high priced big egos is old hat....it doesn't work anymore. The two Wildcard team system works in favor of the teams with stamina , desire and young talent. Now teams that didn't have a prayer are now believing they have a shot. Great for baseball, bad for bloated, money hemoragging teams.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

If the RS do what you suggest that would mean 5 yrs of last place finishes to get the top draft pick and allow them to get the best young pitchers every year.

I wonder how that would play in Boston????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I'd like to see the O's do well.
    They were a great franchise and have been down for so long.
    Nice to see teams like the O's and Pirates confounding the experts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I'd like to see the O's do well. They were a great franchise and have been down for so long. Nice to see teams like the O's and Pirates confounding the experts.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Just sad to see teams like the Sox and Phillies headed in the opposite direction.  Staying on top is something that is not easy. 

Sections
Shortcuts