I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Starting the year off with 2/5's of your big money starter's on the DL, your closer on the DL, your big money LF'er on the DL, and question marks at short inspires confidence? Having no belief for this team makes sucess a wonderful surprise. Expectation for success seems more like a feeling of entitlement in the current situation.

Posted by NUSoxFan

I BELIEVE YOU.. the Angels (2-4) don't have a shot EITHER

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

You are a funny man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Ya, the same golf course the Yankees will be at.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

No, the Yankees will be playing baseball in October.

For how long remains to be seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mro. Show mro's posts

Of the five losses, two have been by one run, one was by two runs, one by four runs, and one blowout.  The Tigers are loaded and Toronto isn't a doormat.  I'm not happy about the record either, but I'm not ready to grab a torch and pitchfork just yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : No, the Yankees will be playing baseball in October. For how long remains to be seen.
    Posted by TBINFL

You mean fantasy baseball ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

We're giving up because not once in the modern era, defined as 1901 to the present, has a team ever started 1-5 and not been terminated by midseason, let alone get to the playoffs.  It is over.  Finis.  The end.  Unfortunately, I have already paid for the television access, so I might even watch a few games even though I know it is pointless.  If Bud Selig weren't a gutless wonder, he would terminate the Red Sox franchise before the end of the season.  Did I forget to mention that Beckett and Buchholz both had terrible starts, that the Sox only have two dingers, that the bullpen in one game gave up 3 runs in the 9th and another 3 in the 11th inning, that Youk has six different kinds of arthritis and can barely walk, that Bobby Valentine is under psychiatriatric care, that Jason Varitek has offered to return to the Sox and play for $5 an hour, and that Jacoby Ellsbury has not attempted to steal even one base?
    Posted by maxbialystock

Short memory, you forgot about last year. Didn't you repeatedly preach doom and gloom last year. Do you know what "concern trolling" is? Look it up and read it slowly several times and let it sink in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : You mean fantasy baseball ?
    Posted by BenitoIsAFool!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

No one is giving up. We're just getting started.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : And yet a team that started 0-6 last season, wasn't eliminated until the last out of the season.  1-5 certainly isn't good, but it's not the end of the world either.
    Posted by JB-3

Exactly, its not how you start but how you finish!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Exactly, its not how you start but how you finish!
    Posted by MoreRings

remember 2004 ALCS ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Starting the year off with 2/5's of your big money starter's on the DL, your closer on the DL, your big money LF'er on the DL, and question marks at short inspires confidence? Having no belief for this team makes sucess a wonderful surprise. Expectation for success seems more like a feeling of entitlement in the current situation.
    Posted by NUSoxFan

Entitlement means that you deserve something.  Personally I have never felt that way, not even last year when everyone was predicting a pennant and WS trophy for the Sox. Entitlement usually goes hand-in-hand with a spoiled fan. Fans can still be irrationally exuberant, optimistic, loyal, and hopeful without feeling entitled. Those who feel "entitled" may think that payroll translates into a sure thing but most astute fans know that payroll is not a guarantee of success. Entitlement is normally a trait of old Yankee, old Dallas Cowboys. old Celtics, and old Lakers, and Montral Canadiens fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Short memory, you forgot about last year. Didn't you repeatedly preach doom and gloom last year. Do you know what "concern trolling" is? Look it up and read it slowly several times and let it sink in.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Ummm kimpike, it seems that you are the one short on memory.

Last year's club did not start 1-5, they were 0-6.

And if he did preach gloom and doom last year, he was correct.

Maybe if you actually followed baseball you would know these things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

We're giving up because not once in the modern era, defined as 1901 to the present, has a team ever started 1-5 and not been terminated by midseason, let alone get to the playoffs.  It is over.  Finis.  The end.  Unfortunately, I have already paid for the television access, so I might even watch a few games even though I know it is pointless.  If Bud Selig weren't a gutless wonder, he would terminate the Red Sox franchise before the end of the season.  Did I forget to mention that Beckett and Buchholz both had terrible starts, that the Sox only have two dingers, that the bullpen in one game gave up 3 runs in the 9th and another 3 in the 11th inning, that Youk has six different kinds of arthritis and can barely walk, that Bobby Valentine is under psychiatriatric care, that Jason Varitek has offered to return to the Sox and play for $5 an hour, and that Jacoby Ellsbury has not attempted to steal even one base?
    Posted by maxbialystock

Of course I knew that last year's team started 0 for 6 and my response to Max was entirely accurate despite the difference. Babe, you seem to have a tough time with being logical and following the point. After all wouldn't a 0-6 start be worse than a 1-5 start and therefore be included in the definition / fact by Max. Even Max would agree with me on that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo":
    In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Short memory, you forgot about last year. Didn't you repeatedly preach doom and gloom last year. Do you know what "concern trolling" is? Look it up and read it slowly several times and let it sink in. Posted by 6k42lt913c
    Di you seriously read my whole paragraph and still not realize I was being vey sarcastic?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
      Hi! I wonder why in the world the sox fans are already giving up, without even the red sox playing their first game at home ? Why are you guys  giving up after 7 months of waiting for the new season ? Last year the Stl Cards were 10 games behind the Braves with less than a month to go and the rest is history. Come on! guys.. Are we men or mice ?  Back in 2007, no one was picking Barack Obama to win and today Obama is the president of the USA. Come guys... it's too early to panic. Fight like a man Trust me.  
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

No one is giving up. We're just getting started.

Posted by bald-predictions

I keep reading negative stuff about the best team in the 

ALE... The Red Sox

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : I keep reading negative stuff about the best team in the  ALE... The Red Sox
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

The Boston writers aren't going to write much in the way of positive articles, when the team starts 1-5.

I think I'll wait a month or two before I decide this team isn't going anywhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I haven't given up, that would be ridiculous. But one thing you should keep in mind is that while the season is new, the offseason had a lot to do with what we see on the field. And we had a really really bad offseason. So it's no big surprise we are struggling now. You are certainly right that some team could epically choke like we did last season so teams are never out of it till close to the end. But yeah, I root for the team whether they are in first or last place. 

Sections
Shortcuts