I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

Hi!

I wonder why in the world the sox fans are already giving up,

without even the red sox playing their first game at home ?

Why are you guys  giving up after 7 months of waiting for the new

season ?

Last year the Stl Cards were 10 games behind the Braves with

less than a month to go and the rest is history.

Come on! guys..

Are we men or mice ? 

Back in 2007, no one was picking Barack Obama to win and

today Obama is the president of the USA.

Come guys... it's too early to panic. Fight like a man

Trust me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

We are mice Beni.  We are mice.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo

In Response to I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    [QUOTE]  Hi! I wonder why in the world the sox fans are already giving up, without even the red sox playing their first game at home ? Why are you gus  giving up after 7 months of waiting for the new season ? Last year the Stl Cards were 10 games behind the Braves with less than a month to go and the rest is history. Come on! guys.. Are we men or mice ?  Back in 2007, no one was picking Barack Obama to win and today Obama is the president of the USA. Come guys... it's too early to panic. Fight like a man Trust me.  
    Posted by BenitoIsAFool[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    [QUOTE]We are mice Beni.  We are mice.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Not me... I will support my team until the last day of October.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

We're giving up because not once in the modern era, defined as 1901 to the present, has a team ever started 1-5 and not been terminated by midseason, let alone get to the playoffs. 

It is over.  Finis.  The end.  Unfortunately, I have already paid for the television access, so I might even watch a few games even though I know it is pointless.  If Bud Selig weren't a gutless wonder, he would terminate the Red Sox franchise before the end of the season. 

Did I forget to mention that Beckett and Buchholz both had terrible starts, that the Sox only have two dingers, that the bullpen in one game gave up 3 runs in the 9th and another 3 in the 11th inning, that Youk has six different kinds of arthritis and can barely walk, that Bobby Valentine is under psychiatriatric care, that Jason Varitek has offered to return to the Sox and play for $5 an hour, and that Jacoby Ellsbury has not attempted to steal even one base?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Not me... I will support my team until the last day of October.
    Posted by BenitoIsAFool[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Not me... I will support my team until the last day of October.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]

me too beni. always.   I was speaking in the collective 'we' as in 'the vast majority of this board'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : me too beni. always.   I was speaking in the collective 'we' as in 'the vast majority of this board'.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Very good... keep your head up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Red Sox Mouse:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Support them where in October, the golf course again?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]We're giving up because not once in the modern era, defined as 1901 to the present, has a team ever started 1-5 and not been terminated by midseason, let alone get to the playoffs.  It is over.  Finis.  The end.  
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

And yet a team that started 0-6 last season, wasn't eliminated until the last out of the season.  1-5 certainly isn't good, but it's not the end of the world either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : And yet a team that started 0-6 last season, wasn't eliminated until the last out of the season.  1-5 certainly isn't good, but it's not the end of the world either.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    Very CLEVER.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo:
    [QUOTE]  Hi! I wonder why in the world the sox fans are already giving up, without even the red sox playing their first game at home ? Why are you gus  giving up after 7 months of waiting for the new season ? Last year the Stl Cards were 10 games behind the Braves with less than a month to go and the rest is history. Come on! guys.. Are we men or mice ?  Back in 2007, no one was picking Barack Obama to win and today Obama is the president of the USA. Come guys... it's too early to panic. Fight like a man Trust me.  
      This can't be the real Beni. The real Beni never posted about the Red Sox....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Respect your being positive as it is your right, however to me the handwriting was on the wall at the start of ST and is being born out in spades the first six games. Not to mention we have a 9 game homestand coming up against the Rays, Texas and the Yankees. Will a 3-12 or say a 4-11 start then bring the dose of reality. This team is just not good, with many severe issues that just can't be fixed anytime soon. It seems clear to me that the Rays, Yankees and Jays will all easily finish ahead of us in the ALE. I am sincerely hoping we can compete in 2013, but have my doubts with the dead weight of Crawford and Lackey contracts hanging over our heads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]Respect your being positive as it is your right, however to me the handwriting was on the wall at the start of ST and is being born out in spades the first six games. Not to mention we have a 9 game homestand coming up against the Rays, Texas and the Yankees. Will a 3-12 or say a 4-11 start then bring the dose of reality. This team is just not good, with many severe issues that just can't be fixed anytime soon. It seems clear to me that the Rays, Yankees and Jays will all easily finish ahead of us in the ALE. I am sincerely hoping we can compete in 2013, but have my doubts with the dead weight of Crawford and Lackey contracts hanging over our heads.

Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with the Jeter' A-Rob, Teixeira and Sabathia

contracts ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Respect your being positive as it is your right, however to me the handwriting was on the wall at the start of ST and is being born out in spades the first six games. Not to mention we have a 9 game homestand coming up against the Rays, Texas and the Yankees. Will a 3-12 or say a 4-11 start then bring the dose of reality. This team is just not good, with many severe issues that just can't be fixed anytime soon. It seems clear to me that the Rays, Yankees and Jays will all easily finish ahead of us in the ALE. I am sincerely hoping we can compete in 2013, but have my doubts with the dead weight of Crawford and Lackey contracts hanging over our heads.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's rose colored glasses, but I can't see this team going 2-7 or 3-6 on the opening homestand.  I fully expect the Sox will get 4-6 wins out of the 9 home games.

The thing with baseball is it's never as bad, or as good, as it seems..... Unless you're the Pirates.  It's always as bad as it seems for the Pirates, and last year showed us it's never as good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Are you familiar with the Jeter' A-Rob, Teixeira and Sabathia contracts ?
    Yes and also that the Yankees won the ALE last year and will content agressively this year, while we have been out of the playoffs for three years with two straight ALE third place finishes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I love the team, I support the team, I hope for the team, but I do not believe in this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I guess that makes you an athletic supporter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : Support them where in October, the golf course again?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Ya, the same golf course the Yankees will be at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]I love the team, I support the team, I hope for the team, but I do not believe in this team.

Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I love the team, I support the team, I hope for the team, and

I do not believe in you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I never give up on the Red Sox. period.  I get frustrated, sure, but give up? Never.

Bob Ryan and John Powers have interesting interview video.  Altho Ryan says this team has "nothing to do with Sept 2011" they both agree that a wild card spot for 2012 is a reach.  I disagree on both points.  I think there are lingering resentments over 2011 for at least a very few players..how much that weighs on the team overall is debatable.  As far a wild card berth being a reach, I think the Red Sox will be squarely in the hunt.  Lester is shaping up as our ace like I predicted weeks ago.  Hopefully Dice K gets well and gives a boost.  Everybody is down on Crawford, but I expect good things from him if he can get past the annoying setbacks post-op.  Would like to see Lavarnway get a chance to start.  Oftentimes the younger players that mgt keeps holding back so they can mature, are the sparkplugs that light the fire.   This team just needs to keep their head in the game...all the negative media reports/blogs/etc. that pile on a slow start gets in their head - it has to - they gotta think past that and put together a few back to back wins and they are right back in there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I wonder why the sox fans are already giving up after waiting so long for mambo : I love the team, I support the team, I hope for the team, and I do not believe in you.

Starting the year off with 2/5's of your big money starter's on the DL, your closer on the DL, your big money LF'er on the DL, and question marks at short inspires confidence? Having no belief for this team makes sucess a wonderful surprise. Expectation for success seems more like a feeling of entitlement in the current situation.