Ibanez vs Bonds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Ibanez vs Bonds

There was so much made about Barry Bonds' unreal statistics after the age of 38 and just about everyone agrees how he was able to do it.

However, I keep reading all these articles about the stats that Raul Ibanez has been putting up the last few years (he's now 41), yet none of them even mention the dreaded "PED".

What gives?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Ibanez vs Bonds

In response to KRomine's comment:

There was so much made about Barry Bonds' unreal statistics after the age of 38 and just about everyone agrees how he was able to do it.

However, I keep reading all these articles about the stats that Raul Ibanez has been putting up the last few years (he's now 41), yet none of them even mention the dreaded "PED". 

What gives?

I'll assume you have not been following baseball for more than two years:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4248759

Raul Ibanez faces far more stringent drug testing than Barry Bonds did late in the latter's career (and more stringent than Red Sox great Ted Williams did in 1960 when the Splendid Splinter set the single-season homerun record for a player over 40 with 29 dingers).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]There was so much made about Barry Bonds' unreal statistics after the age of 38 and just about everyone agrees how he was able to do it.

What gives?

That article was from 3 years ago.  There are plenty of substances that tests do not pick up

Raul Ibanez faces far more stringent drug testing than Barry Bonds did late in the latter's career (and more stringent than Red Sox great Ted Williams did in 1960 when the Splendid Splinter set the single-season homerun record for a player over 40 with 29 dingers).

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

What gives?

because he no longer plays for the Yankees Tongue OutWink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Because no one cares about anything Ibanez does.  

Bonds was breaking sacred records while being thoroughly unlikable and adopting a Victim Complex.  Ibanez just flies under the radar.  The man could guzzle Stanislozol while injecting himself with horse tranquilizers while standing in the batter's box anf no one would do a thing.  "Raoul being nobody,"  they would say..

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

What he said.