ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?

be it with big names or no-names, aging or not, yanks have something going on in their water or "chemicals".. perhaps we should hire theor medical staff. anywho, ichiro just reached the .270 average clip overall and he's been killing the ball with the yanks against both lefties and righties. has 9 extra base hits and 14 runs scored plus he's still a terror on the bases and a total stud in the outfield!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?

CC,

I made a thread the other day shaded with this idea.  It was titled "Cashman"  They seem to find ways and players ...

But I did remember how Bartolo Colon was surprisingly good last year and so many wondered how .... and now he's suspended 50 games for bad stuff in his blood.

Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're lucky you didn't get caught

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah I know it like the Fountain of Youth there. everyone becomes great amazing ain't it? There definitely is a story there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

It also helps to be surrounded by other good-to-great hitters.  Can't just pitch around him and, you know, he's a pretty damn fine hitter, regardless of his age.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:
    [QUOTE]CC,   I made a thread the other day shaded with this idea.  It was titled "Cashman"  They seem to find ways and players ...   But I did remember how Bartolo Colon was surprisingly good last year and so many wondered how .... and now he's suspended 50 games for bad stuff in his blood.   Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're lucky you didn't get caught
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I find this disappointing from you, and BTW, for those that do cheat (which is most likely for every team) these drugs are not like aspirins that work immediately.

The RS won in  '04 and '07 cause they were a superior organization; now they're not (although the recent mega-deal was terrific), and for fans manifesting their frustration in this way says more about the accusers than the accusees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ichiro is a great player. A sure Hall of Famer. Great aquisition by Yankees. Highly motivated to win it all. Any other opinion is dumb. Let's try to be real here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : I find this disappointing from you, and BTW, for those that do cheat (which is most likely for every team) these drugs are not like aspirins that work immediately. The RS won in  '04 and '07 cause they were a superior organization; now they're not (although the recent mega-deal was terrific), and for fans manifesting their frustration in this way says more about the accusers than the accusees.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this came across wrong, Steve.  But the fact is I was giving a nod to Cashman ... while I was furious that he got Damon, I later realized how shrewd he was.  He read Damon like a cheap dime novel and knew just how to nail him down.

Outside of that, even as the Core Four became the Big Three and then the Terrific Two .... and now just plain Derek and his DOminos... he always seemed to fit in the pieces needed to always make the NYYs into the preeminent challenge each season.   That is why I never count out the Enemy even when they have a terrible opening month or more ... I know they will hit their stride somewhere, somehow.

Bartolo, Manny .... they both have had 50 game suspensions now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Perhaps this came across wrong, Steve.  But the fact is I was giving a nod to Cashman ... while I was furious that he got Damon, I later realized how shrewd he was.  He read Damon like a cheap dime novel and knew just how to nail him down. Outside of that, even as the Core Four became the Big Three and then the Terrific Two .... and now just plain Derek and his DOminos... he always seemed to fit in the pieces needed to always make the NYYs into the preeminent challenge each season.   That is why I never count out the Enemy even when they have a terrible opening month or more ... I know they will hit their stride somewhere, somehow. Bartolo, Manny .... they both have had 50 game suspensions now.  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]Here's a question for you my friend. If we could rent out Big Papi to the bombers for their top two pitching prospects would you cheer for the Big Man in pinstripes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Interesting "what if"  and as much as I love Big Papi, no.

I certainly was very unhappy with Damon.  JD became Judas Damon.  I was also not happy with Luchinno for not paying more attention.  He was out of country and attention elsewhere when Cashman snuck in ....

But I do have a grudging respect for Cashman.  We have been waiting on the OLD Yanquis to fade for years ... and he keeps doing enough to make it tough to beat them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting "what if"  and as much as I love Big Papi, no. I certainly was very unhappy with Damon.  JD became Judas Damon.  I was also not happy with Luchinno for not paying more attention.  He was out of country and attention elsewhere when Cashman snuck in .... But I do have a grudging respect for Cashman.  We have been waiting on the OLD Yanquis to fade for years ... and he keeps doing enough to make it tough to beat them.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]If we could get the Yankees top two pitching prospects for a two month rental, I would lustily cheer for David Ortiz to win a ring with the Bombers. Hopefully they would be facing off against the Dodgers. Maybe I'm not a real Red Sox fan...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I know it like the Fountain of Youth there. everyone becomes great amazing ain't it? There definitely is a story there.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Your posts lately are not even worth commenting on anymore. 

Cry

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:
    [QUOTE]be it with big names or no-names, aging or not, yanks have something going on in their water or "chemicals".. perhaps we should hire theor medical staff. anywho, ichiro just reached the .270 average clip overall and he's been killing the ball with the yanks against both lefties and righties. has 9 extra base hits and 14 runs scored plus he's still a terror on the bases and a total stud in the outfield!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Brian Cashman handed him a jar of PED's before he walked into the clubhouse and said to hell with your pride, professionalism and HoF chances - come here and cheat.

Bloody pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Brian Cashman handed him a jar of PED's before he walked into the clubhouse and said to hell with your pride, professionalism and HoF chances - come here and cheat. Bloody pathetic.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]My man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]CC,   I made a thread the other day shaded with this idea.  It was titled "Cashman"  They seem to find ways and players ...   But I did remember how Bartolo Colon was surprisingly good last year and so many wondered how .... and now he's suspended 50 games for bad stuff in his blood.   Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're lucky you didn't get caught

Take a closer look at Colon's numbers last year. His final 1/3 of the season was horrible. 

If Colon's surgery did use HGH in it, is it NY's fault? All they can do is look at medical records and ask questions. If everything reads fine, they you decide if you want to take a chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Perhaps this came across wrong, Steve.  But the fact is I was giving a nod to Cashman ... while I was furious that he got Damon, I later realized how shrewd he was.  He read Damon like a cheap dime novel and knew just how to nail him down. Outside of that, even as the Core Four became the Big Three and then the Terrific Two .... and now just plain Derek and his DOminos... he always seemed to fit in the pieces needed to always make the NYYs into the preeminent challenge each season.   That is why I never count out the Enemy even when they have a terrible opening month or more ... I know they will hit their stride somewhere, somehow. Bartolo, Manny .... they both have had 50 game suspensions now.  

OK, SY. Sorry I misunderstood you, but my post still applies to others. PS. I miss harness.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Take a closer look at Colon's numbers last year. His final 1/3 of the season was horrible.  If Colon's surgery did use HGH in it, is it NY's fault? All they can do is look at medical records and ask questions. If everything reads fine, they you decide if you want to take a chance.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Just what I was thinking when I made my "aspirin" comment. And like you said, bloody pathetic; KST-ish.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : If we could get the Yankees top two pitching prospects for a two month rental, I would lustily cheer for David Ortiz to win a ring with the Bombers. Hopefully they would be facing off against the Dodgers. Maybe I'm not a real Red Sox fan...
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Could this be the betquote for your sig line....Very, very tempting...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Could this be the betquote for your sig line....Very, very tempting...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]If it came off I'd wear that gladly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : If we could get the Yankees top two pitching prospects for a two month rental, I would lustily cheer for David Ortiz to win a ring with the Bombers. Hopefully they would be facing off against the Dodgers. Maybe I'm not a real Red Sox fan...
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Great - give Pike and Kim more amunition Carnie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST?

I don't know...

Maybe being in a lineup with actual major league level hitters makes a difference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST?:
    [QUOTE]be it with big names or no-names, aging or not, yanks have something going on in their water or "chemicals".. perhaps we should hire theor medical staff. anywho, ichiro just reached the .270 average clip overall and he's been killing the ball with the yanks against both lefties and righties. has 9 extra base hits and 14 runs scored plus he's still a terror on the bases and a total stud in the outfield!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

OR , It could be when you put on a Yankee uniform you feel obligated to do your best.  You are now playing for the New York Yankees.  It’s called pride. State of mind is a powerful thing. You’re playing for the most storied team in baseball. Always has been and always will be and that just pizzes you off, loser.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST?:
    [QUOTE]I don't know... Maybe being in a lineup with actual major league level hitters makes a difference.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    Uh huh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

No, friend, you're for real.  Just a difference of opinion.

I know we got nothing for Wade Boggs and I loved him being a Sox.  But it killed my soul when he ended up in pinstripes. 

I can see the sense of your proposal, Carnie.  I'm just not sensible about it.  :o)