ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:
    In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : OK, SY. Sorry I misunderstood you, but my post still applies to others. PS. I miss harness.
    Posted by nhsteven

Yes, I miss him too.

Harness, if you drop in ... know we do think of you and hope all is well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:
    In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : what the heck does that even mean? thanks for the stand up post dgalehouse
    Posted by pinstripezac

Does it really need explaining?

See, this is a dollar sign - $

Many dollar signs indicate many dollars.

The Yankees have many more dollars than everyone else to acquire the top talent in baseball and keep them conditioned to play to their potential.

Not too difficult to understand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST?

Papi never hit a lot of HRs before he came to the Sox.  I remember reading an interview with him many moons ago in which he stated that in MN, the idea was to hit to get on base.  When he got to the Sox, he did the same thing.  The coach at the time came over to him after a few at bats and said, "nice hitting, son...but here, we usually try to put it over the wall."    The rest, as they say.....

So it may just be a difference in hitting coaches. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST?:
    I don't know... Maybe being in a lineup with actual major league level hitters makes a difference.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

lol!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Besides, Ichiro is hot.  It's a proven fact that hot guys never dope.  I mean, just look at Bartolo Colon...not hot at all, but suspended for doping. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Does it really need explaining? See, this is a dollar sign - $ Many dollar signs indicate many dollars. The Yankees have many more dollars than everyone else to acquire the top talent in baseball and keep them conditioned to play to their potential. Not too difficult to understand.
    Posted by crix

If all it took was money, my friend ....

we would not be in the situation we were in, have been in ... ..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Besides, Ichiro is hot.  It's a proven fact that hot guys never dope.  I mean, just look at Bartolo Colon...not hot at all, but suspended for doping. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25
    MARKETING and MANAGEMENT BY Business Mediaries LLC YOSHIIIII! its always great when you stop by. deep in art not so much with her men! anywho, a-rod doped, manny, steve sax, yankee second baseman guy who played in minny who got the yips in throwing (name escapes me) and many others of that ilk that many women tell me are hot.. you picked a very small skewed pool to judge from.. soon you'll be working for msnbc or fox noise?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8311851/new-york-yankees-gm-brian-cashman-not-surprised-melky-cabrera-bartolo-colon-suspensions

can't believe though that cashman would go near the melky and colon issues as he did. doesnt he have mirrors? can he be shocked that by his own logic, people may question JETER per example or swish or even ichiro? said he knew or is not surprised. can tell his types talk like this behind the scenes all the time. listening to him in his own words and sound is actually quite chilling. this quote on colon says it all:

"You see some spike in performance," Cashman said. "You hope it's not the case, but you scratch your head and you wonder at the same time. But then you sit there and get a comfort level: Tests are taking place, so if people are passing their tests ...

"In Bartolo's case, as well as he has done last year as well through this year, at his age, after coming back from that surgery, makes you scratch your head."

even more with melky (this happened a lot in the 80s and 90s):

"When we traded him to Atlanta we had him as a low-end, everyday regular or an excellent fourth outfielder," Cashman said of Cabrera. "And that's how we show where we thought his ceiling was. As you know, he was starting for us in the World Series, but we had him as a low-end, everyday guy, not a National League MVP candidate. So I wasn't surprised."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST? : MARKETING and MANAGEMENT BY Business Mediaries LLC YOSHIIIII! its always great when you stop by. deep in art not so much with her men! anywho, a-rod doped, manny, steve sax, yankee second baseman guy who played in minny who got the yips in throwing (name escapes me) and many others of that ilk that many women tell me are hot.. you picked a very small skewed pool to judge from.. soon you'll be working for msnbc or fox noise?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

lol - hmm..maybe I should try to get a media type job...I can write fiction rather well...and goodness knows I've argued with enough Narutards to be able to create a whole conspiracy out of a little bit of nothing....

Besides, it only matters who I think is hot...not any other girl. 

Girl logic at it's finest, no?  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, who's the YANKS' PHARMACIST? : MARKETING and MANAGEMENT BY Business Mediaries LLC YOSHIIIII! its always great when you stop by. deep in art not so much with her men! anywho, a-rod doped, manny, steve sax, yankee second baseman guy who played in minny who got the yips in throwing (name escapes me) and many others of that ilk that many women tell me are hot.. you picked a very small skewed pool to judge from.. soon you'll be working for msnbc or fox noise? http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8311851/new-york-yankees-gm-brian-cashman-not-surprised-melky-cabrera-bartolo-colon-suspensions can't believe though that cashman would go near the melky and colon issues as he did. doesnt he have mirrors? can he be shocked that by his own logic, people may question JETER per example or swish or even ichiro? said he knew or is not surprised. can tell his types talk like this behind the scenes all the time. listening to him in his own words and sound is actually quite chilling. this quote on colon says it all: "You see some spike in performance," Cashman said. "You hope it's not the case, but you scratch your head and you wonder at the same time. But then you sit there and get a comfort level: Tests are taking place, so if people are passing their tests ... "In Bartolo's case, as well as he has done last year as well through this year, at his age, after coming back from that surgery, makes you scratch your head." even more with melky (this happened a lot in the 80s and 90s): "When we traded him to Atlanta we had him as a low-end, everyday regular or an excellent fourth outfielder," Cashman said of Cabrera. "And that's how we show where we thought his ceiling was. As you know, he was starting for us in the World Series, but we had him as a low-end, everyday guy, not a National League MVP candidate. So I wasn't surprised."
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Fountain of Youth - apply in the Bronx.

Why don't you all get a grip on life?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: CASHMAN weighs in on MELK +COLON and implicates JETER, ICH +SWISH by default?

I'm a big Cashman fan I wish we had him.  I like how he gives his opinion instead of party line PC fluff.  Like when he said management forced the Soriano signing.

He is an insider who suspected these two b/c of big spikes in performance.  He must also be suspicious of the Toronto sluggers as should we!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : Take a closer look at Colon's numbers last year. His final 1/3 of the season was horrible.  If Colon's surgery did use HGH in it, is it NY's fault? All they can do is look at medical records and ask questions. If everything reads fine, they you decide if you want to take a chance.
    Posted by jesseyeric

But if you care about the integrity of the game, and an experimental medical procedure conducted in the DR and known for its use of stem cells and HGH comes to light, and if that procedure was not disclosed (as Cashman claims) in Colon's medical records, you can void his contract.  That's where the Yankees were culpable - it was obvious to anybody with half a brain this guy was cheating, but he was effective, so they looked the other way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: CASHMAN weighs in on MELK +COLON and implicates JETER, ICH +SWISH by default?

In Response to Re: CASHMAN weighs in on MELK +COLON and implicates JETER, ICH +SWISH by default?:
    I'm a big Cashman fan I wish we had him.  I like how he gives his opinion instead of party line PC fluff.  Like when he said management forced the Soriano signing. He is an insider who suspected these two b/c of big spikes in performance.  He must also be suspicious of the Toronto sluggers as should we!
    Posted by tom-uk

Somehow a Seattle hurler who gained 3MPH on his fastball in the middle of the season has been beyond suspicion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : But if you care about the integrity of the game, and an experimental medical procedure conducted in the DR and known for its use of stem cells and HGH comes to light, and if that procedure was not disclosed (as Cashman claims) in Colon's medical records, you can void his contract.  That's where the Yankees were culpable - it was obvious to anybody with half a brain this guy was cheating, but he was effective, so they looked the other way.
    Posted by slomag

Let's look at his success a moment Slomag - he first 100 innings he was far better than expected - after that, he turned to cr*p. If you listen to Cashman, he comments that when looking at last year and then the success of this year, then you have to wonder. Completely agree.

Now the surgery Colon had, may or may not have included HGH. He was tested last year and passed all. This year, he tested positives for Roids. Both are wrong, but completely different PED's. Obviously what he tested for this year has little to do with the actual surgery he had.

As for the Yankee being culpable, I don't see it at all. I don't buy it, and I think it is hogwash. Maybe they knew about sh*t Giambi and crew, but after the disgusting Mitchell report, you can bet the Yanks are talking extra precautions to stay above board. There is too much money at risk for them not to guard against this.

Chemists will always be a step ahead of MLB - that is the deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads?:

In Response to Re: ICHIRO at.300+, how do the YANKS just keep churning out these re-treads? : But if you care about the integrity of the game, and an experimental medical procedure conducted in the DR and known for its use of stem cells and HGH comes to light, and if that procedure was not disclosed (as Cashman claims) in Colon's medical records, you can void his contract.  That's where the Yankees were culpable - it was obvious to anybody with half a brain this guy was cheating, but he was effective, so they looked the other way.
    Posted by slomag

Let's look at his success a moment Slomag - he first 100 innings he was far better than expected - after that, he turned to cr*p. If you listen to Cashman, he comments that when looking at last year and then the success of this year, then you have to wonder. Completely agree.   Now the surgery Colon had, may or may not have included HGH. He was tested last year and passed all. This year, he tested positives for Roids. Both are wrong, but completely different PED's. Obviously what he tested for this year has little to do with the actual surgery he had.   As for the Yankee being culpable, I don't see it at all. I don't buy it, and I think it is hogwash. Maybe they knew about Giambi and crew, but after the disgusting Mitchell report, you can bet the Yanks are talking extra precautions to stay above board. There is too much money at risk for them not to guard against this.   Chemists will always be a step ahead of MLB - that is the deal.    

Sorry Jessey - that's not what Cashman said at all...

"In Bartolo's case, as well as he has done last year as well through this year, at his age, after coming back from that surgery, makes you scratch your head."

At the very least, he's admitting he suspected Colon of cheating last year.  If the Yankees had any interest in taking precautions to stay above-board, he would have dumped Colon and voided his contract for not disclosing the procedure.  Instead, he was scratching his head as a fat, washed-up 38-year-old reached 97 MPH on the radar gun.  

Last year, testing didn't include HGH.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love slomag.

I've been having that argument with Jessey since Colon came to the Yankees. He didn't report that he had surgery on his arm, and he's a pitcher! I said that, not only was that a red flag, but they didn't do anything about him leaving that little detail out of his medical report. What could be more obvious?

I sometimes wonder if Colon told the Yankees about the surgery, and the Yankees said that he should say he didn't. It certainly gave them what? 8 wins from him, with them saying they were going to eventually investigate it? Well, they NEVER investigated it, and nothing ever came of him lying on his medical records. You can't defend that by saying the Yankees had no idea and were just going by the information they had. That's nonsense. 

Yankee fans should stop coming to this board to try and keep Sox fans real when they can't even keep the facts of their own team real.

Sections
Shortcuts