Ichiro

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Ichiro

Home runs in consecutive at bats for Ichiro. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened before? Does anyone know? I started trying to look it up but it's midnight and I'm tired and I lost patience and I'm starting to whine and...
    In any case, consecutive home runs surrendered to Ichiro. Ichiro!!! Wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Ichiro

In Response to Ichiro:
    [QUOTE]Home runs in consecutive at bats for Ichiro. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened before? Does anyone know? I started trying to look it up but it's midnight and I'm tired and I lost patience and I'm starting to whine and... In any case, consecutive home runs surrendered to Ichiro. Ichiro!!! Wow.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]
    In fact, Ichiro Suzuki hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off Jon Lester and the Red Sox in Seattle on May 15, 2009:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA200905150.shtml

This season Ichiro hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off Gavin Floyd and the White Sox in Chicago on June 2:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA201206020.shtml

In 2010, Ichiro hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off Javier Vazquez and the Yankees in New York on August 21:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA201008210.shtml

In 2005, Ichiro hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off CC Sabathia and the Indians in Seattle on July 30:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA200507300.shtml

In 2003, Ichiro hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off Kevin Appier and the Angels in Seattle on June 17:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA200306170.shtml

In 2002, Ichiro hit homeruns on consecutive at-bats off Tanyon Sturtze and the Devil Rays at Tampa Bay on June 13:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TBA/TBA200207130.shtml

Apparently all of Ichiro's seven career two-homer games featured homeruns on consecutive at-bats and in each of those seven games the opposing starting pitcher surrendered both roundtrippers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ichiro , plus the short porch , equals productivity. I predicted it when they acquired him. He will be a major factor in the Yankees quest for yet another championship. As will DLowe.  No problem though , we have " Pods " and Zach Stewart.  Ben has cleverly outsmarted Cashman once again.  We will have the last laugh.  Yeah , right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In Response to Ichiro:
    [QUOTE]Home runs in consecutive at bats for Ichiro. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened before? Does anyone know? I started trying to look it up but it's midnight and I'm tired and I lost patience and I'm starting to whine and... In any case, consecutive home runs surrendered to Ichiro. Ichiro!!! Wow.
    He has been a great pick up to replace Gardner..But the Yanks are still not likely to get past the ALCS...Their pitching, except for Kuroda, can be shaky and their unpredictable homer-based offense can be shut down by good pitching...Right now the Rays scare me even more than the Rangers and their questionable starting pitching...If Longoria stays healthy and productive, they will be very dangerous...Down 8-0 today to the increasingly hapless Angels (another team like the Red Sox that look good on paper, but cannot seem to make it translate on the field...this year so far anyway), and they come back and win against the "Why-Did-I-Come-Back-To-The-American-League" man of the hour, Zach Greinke...Yikes..A huge win for the Rays...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

It's not so much the fact that he did it, it's more the idea that if someone was gonna' burn you for two dinger's, it would be someone other than Ichiro. This isn't a knock on him, but lets face it, he isn't know for his pop these days.
    I know, I know, Yankee Stadium, short porch, woulda' been caught in Fenway and such.
    It's ironic that he's done it against the Sox before, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Ichiro:
    [QUOTE]It's not so much the fact that he did it, it's more the idea that if someone was gonna' burn you for two dinger's, it would be someone other than Ichiro. This isn't a knock on him, but lets face it, he isn't know for his pop these days. I know, I know, Yankee Stadium, short porch, woulda' been caught in Fenway and such. It's ironic that he's done it against the Sox before, though.
    Ichiro is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Scott Posednick is a first ballot ham and egger. Nothing surprising or ironic about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

To be honest, up until today, I had greater expectations for Ichiro..I listen to most of the games and despite his competent defense in the outfield and his .300 average for the Yanks, he has not really been that clutch, except for a couple of key hits...But if he keeps hitting like he has lately, I wil not complain...And as to Beckett, the two homers are not exactly going to help the "give-him-one-last-chance" section of RSN, assuming there is anyone left who even wants him to stay..He has truly had a horrendous season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ichiro : He has been a great pick up to replace Gardner..But the Yanks are still not likely to get past the ALCS...Their pitching, except for Kuroda, can be shaky and their unpredictable homer-based offense can be shut down by good pitching...Right now the Rays scare me even more than the Rangers and their questionable starting pitching...If Longoria stays healthy and productive, they will be very dangerous...Down 8-0 today to the increasingly hapless Angels (another team like the Red Sox that look good on paper, but cannot seem to make it translate on the field...this year so far anyway), and they come back and win against the "Why-Did-I-Come-Back-To-The-American-League" man of the hour, Zach Greinke...Yikes..A huge win for the Rays...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

Sure, relying on the long ball is risky and good pitching beats good hitting is the prevailing wisdom and the Rays have good pitching. As we know once you reach the play-offs, anything can happen. The Rays still have to get there and their offense, in spite of the comeback, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence
    Still lots of ball to play and an extra wild card this year, so we'll see what we see.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Ichiro is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Scott Posednick is a first ballot ham and egger. Nothing surprising or ironic about it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Why drag Pods into this? I said it was not a knock on Ichiro. But who would have called that? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sure you saw it coming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Ichiro may look good, with the little league porch, but he's now nothing more than a show off hotdog who will soon be totally washed up.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Go talk to Ellsbury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Sure, relying on the long ball is risky and good pitching beats good hitting is the prevailing wisdom and the Rays have good pitching. As we know once you reach the play-offs, anything can happen. The Rays still have to get there and their offense, in spite of the comeback, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence Still lots of ball to play and an extra wild card this year, so we'll see what we see.
    True, antibody...And my picks have been all over the map this year...Never thought the Rays could do it on opening day...I picked the Rangers..And frankly, their pitching has faltered with the Darvishes who cannot pitch to AL East teams...Harrison has been decent, but Derek Holland has been very hittable...And the Angels mystify me...Just like the Red Sox...Great teams on paper, but the Angels have none of the clubhouse drama, and they have still been mediocre of late...Like you said, we will see....I might go with the Rays and the Nats in the WS....It woud be a good one..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Why drag Pods into this? I said it was not a knock on Ichiro. But who would have called that? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sure you saw it coming.
    Yes, I did predict that Ichiro would have success with that short porch.  And , it has come to pass. What can I tell you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : True, antibody...And my picks have been all over the map this year...Never thought the Rays could do it on opening day...I picked the Rangers..And frankly, their pitching has faltered with the Darvishes who cannot pitch to AL East teams...Harrison has been decent, but Derek Holland has been very hittable...And the Angels mystify me...Just like the Red Sox...Great teams on paper, but the Angels have none of the clubhouse drama, and they have still been mediocre of late...Like you said, we will see....I might go with the Rays and the Nats in the WS....It woud be a good one..

The Rangers are still looking good. As for Darvish, I thought he was suspect. Where have we seen that before? How's his English? Maybe the Rangers could hire Valentine to help out with that next season. The Angels are baffling. As you say, good on paper, but paper doesn't play baseball. What I find interesting is that the A's are still very much in the conversation. They've been surprising all year and could nudge out an East team. Always fun down the stretch run. The thing about predictions... I can predict that I'll most likely be wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Yes, I did predict that Ichiro would have success with that short porch.  And , it has come to pass. What can I tell you.

Congratulations.

I was talking about the two home runs last night, Slick. Still can't figure out what Pods has to do with this.
    Are you taking writing lessons from Softy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

And I can predict that my Rays-Nats pick will be wronger than you are... Also, I guess you can't really call a WS pick a pick in late August...More like a "this is how I read the data now" evaluation...Also, I still like the Rangers as well....I think that Stadium 3 out of 4 loss to the Yanks was an aberration...The Rangers will be in the ALCS vs. the Rays...So my wrongish head tells me now...Wait until next week for another gutsy pick from me....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Congratulations. I was talking about the two home runs last night, Slick. Still can't figure out what Pods has to do with this. Are you taking writing lessons from Softy?
     Are we talking about the two home runs Ichiro hit off of Beckett ?  Ichiro is the kind of player the Yankees have added. Pods is the kind of player we have added. They get the Ichiros , we get the Posedniks. The point is , it needs to be the other way around.   Got that , slick ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Ichiro is the kind of player the Yankees have added. Pods is the kind of player we have added. The point is , it needs to be the other way around.

I wish it was, but it isn't. To say the least, this team is in disarray. No one seems to be sure who exactly is in charge. No one seems to be accepting responsibility for the way the team is today. Unfortunately, until someone takes control and changes the way things are handled, it's going to be more of the same. The evil truth is that it didn't become that way over night, and it won't get fixed in the blink of an eye.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]And I can predict that my Rays-Nats pick will be wronger than you are... Also, I guess you can't really call a WS pick a pick in late August...More like a "this is how I read the data now" evaluation...Also, I still like the Rangers as well....I think that Stadium 3 out of 4 loss to the Yanks was an aberration...The Rangers will be in the ALCS vs. the Rays...So my wrongish head tells me now...Wait until next week for another gutsy pick from me....

Good luck with your predictions and may they lead to lucre.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : Good luck with your predictions and may they lead to lucre.
    Filthy lucre???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I suspect Ichiro could have been a 25-a-year home run guy all along, but he focused on getting 200-plus hits and stealing bases as a true lead-off guy. It was a matter of being a decent home run hitter or a terrific average guy.
    Plus, yes, there's the short porch in right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i figured he'd done it at least once against the Yanks, heck i've been to a game vs the M's where he was on 3rd base before i got to my seat..Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]i figured he'd done it at least once against the Yanks, heck i've been to a game vs the M's where he was on 3rd base before i got to my seat..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    OK, Jete, help me on this: Your avatar has gone from a pretty singer to what looks like a dashboard?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

[QUOTE]i figured he'd done it at least once against the Yanks, heck i've been to a game vs the M's where he was on 3rd base before i got to my seat..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I'm happy !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ichiro : OK, Jete, help me on this: Your avatar has gone from a pretty singer to what looks like a dashboard?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Oh Lloyd.  I thought you were an 80s encylopedia.  That is, of course, the cover of Ladys Love Cool James debut album Radio.  Rick rubin at his chintzy drum machine programming finest and LL just ripping it with tracks like Radio, Rock the Bells and the finest slow jam of the era I Need Love.  You really must get this in your collection.

... and its not a dashboard, its a BOOM BOX.

Sections
Shortcuts