Idea for offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Idea for offseason

Mike Morse is one of the more underrated 1Bmen in the league. He can provide consistent pop and has a swing suited well for Fenway. Maybe we can convince the Nats to give him and one of their pitchers to the Sox.

Red Sox get: Morse, Blackley, Straily

Nats get: Shaw, Iglesias, Kalish, Britton

A's get: Aviles, Ranaudo, Detwiler, Stammen

Red Sox get a capable 1Bman who can hit for power, plus two good pitching prospects who have great potential without giving up anything devastating. The Nats get four good to great prospects that they can use for the future. The A's get a reliable shortstop, a good pitching prospect, and two reliable spot starters/relievers. This trade works for all involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Idea for offseason

Thought Morse is playing LF for the Nats??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thought Morse is playing LF for the Nats??

[/QUOTE]

He can also play 1B, as he has done in the past and at some points this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Ells-Morse swap would be easier I think. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Red Sox get a capable 1Bman who can hit for power, plus two good pitching prospects who have great potential without giving up anything devastating.

I think you answered your own offer with a pretty solid rebuttle to why it won't work.

You have to give to get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

bgomez---Ells needs to be the CF for either the A's or the Nat's for that trade to work. Actually I would be happy to see more of Mauro Gomez around 1 B--the guy can hit and surprises me with his defense. I have seen enough of James Loney and we have a couple of years before Travis Shaw will be in Boston. I would like to see Gomez on the 40.

Logan Morrison might be a nice off season pickup from the Marlins.

If Atlanta doesn't resign Bourn--Ells might look good in CF, even if for only one year, in return for one of their young pitchers or for Prado. Perhaps add Iggy and Ranaudo and there might be a nice deal to talk about.

There should be a lot of trade talk in the next few months. Here's a wishful thought:

Anthony Rizzo in Boston for Webster, Ranaudo and Swihart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Ells for Corey Hart

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston will not trade Ellsbury.  Better to keep him and if Boston suck again at the all star break, then they can trade him before the trading deadline.  If Boston are doing well, then keep him, and let Ellsbury decides whether to resign with Boston or walks away!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

The way I am understanding the new collective bargaining agreement, the Sox need to trade Ellsbury during this offseason in order to receive the compensatory 1st round draft pick.  If they wait until he has played one game in 2013, they won't get that pick, which teams obviously covet.  In addition, you would get more for him if a team has him for a whole to try to sign him before he hits free agency.  I believe that he has to be our major chip in trying to aquire a front of the rotation starter this offseason. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ellsbury for Sergio Romo (2 arb years) & Hector Sanchez (pre-arb).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ellsbury for Sergio Romo (2 arb years) & Hector Sanchez (pre-arb).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I'm lobbying for Jeff Keppinger as the Sox Super Sub, 1B, 3 B, 2 B, LF--He's a FA after the season, Age 33, bats over .300. The guy is not going to make much money--Ross money, and he's more versatile than Cody. 

Loney cannot be returned--do not offer him arb--Moon you cannot convince me on this one even with 10 pages of stats. 

If we get Youk --fine or get LaRoche for reasonable money, or keep Mauro Gomez as the everyday guy--but please after next Wed. no talk about James as our everyday 1 B.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In your free time go to MLBTR and check out the list of Free Agents for 2013. There are some very recognizeable names that might work in Boston.

By what date do teams have to have their:

40 man rosters submitted?

When is the Rule 5 Draft?

When is Free Agent Open Season?

And any other important dates...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

James Loney should not be back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Another name to kick around as a Sox manager or coach is Rick Burtleson. He was the first base coach for the Aces, the D'Backs minor league team that beat the PawSox in the AAA championship game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

BC likes Brad Ausmus as a potential Manager. If Ells is traded, it should be for nothing but pitching.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ells-Morse swap would be easier I think. 

[/QUOTE]

Ells would only be traded for another real good player who doesn't play much. I call that real fair.

Sections
Shortcuts