1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If 2013 proves to be a failure......

.....do you think young Ben keeps his job? Will the ones who have been defending on here admit he's not a good GM?

I mean, come on. We have essentially the same payroll we did in 2012 without the likes of Agon, C. Ross,  Beckett and Crawford, who have been replaced with average players. Does anyone honestly think this team as constructed can actually compete for a post-season berth?

I'll admit the BP is better, but except for a closer, the BP was pretty darn good last year. Ryan Dempster does not improve the SP. Morales would do just as good a job, or Padilla for that matter. Everyone is banking on Lester and Buchholz returning to form, and Lackey (who has never really proved his worth) to be effective.

Is John Farrell to be the savior? His two years in Toronto didn't bear a lot of fruit and his handling of the Escobar incident suggest he's much like Francona in the discipline arena.

I think there are many on here who see this roster as a reflection of 2004. Dirt-dogs that will rise to the occassion. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: If 2013 proves to be a failure......

The Blue Jays team that Farrell managed had no talent and was full of injuries.  Besides, Francona had no success while managing Philly and did quite well while in Boston.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

2013 is effectively Ben's first season as GM because the budget he inherited last winter gave him little flexibility to do anything.  As I - and I believe every "supporter" of Ben - have told you over and over and over again I think it's far too early to evaluate his performance.

Re "Agon, C. Ross,  Beckett and Crawford", all you and the rest of the complaining crew b1tched and moaned about them all last year....but now they are elite players replaced by mediocrity?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Francona inherited a team that was one stupid Mangerial Decision away from the WS that  got better during the off season adding Schilling and a very good closer.

And doesn't it depend on the definition of "failure"? Isn't the GM pretty much like the rest of us and has agreed upon goals with his boss?  What would be a reasonable goal for 2013?  World Series, ALCS, post season appearence, winning record?

Personally, I think the team misses the post season with the starting rotation currently in place.  A rotation with Lester and Lackey?  Look for a mid season trade of Ellsbury with Lackey for a very good starter.  Lester can be good, but he needs Lackey out of the clubhouse and a strong, positive #1 starter ahead of him.  He needs to get the stench of Lackey/Beckett off him and spend time with a real good starter with the ability to deal with the pressure and media in a big market.

Replace Lackey with a good #1 starter and the sky is the limit.  Until then - no better than 3rd place in the AL East

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

IF???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2013 is effectively Ben's first season as GM because the budget he inherited last winter gave him little flexibility to do anything.  As I - and I believe every "supporter" of Ben - have told you over and over and over again I think it's far too early to evaluate his performance.

Re "Agon, C. Ross,  Beckett and Crawford", all you and the rest of the complaining crew b1tched and moaned about them all last year....but now they are elite players replaced by mediocrity?

[/QUOTE]

I may have complained about Beckett, but only because of his lack of effort. I never complained about Agon, in fact gave him nothing but praise which was deserved. I started to come around on Crawford as he started to produce and thought he would be an asset this year. Ross proved to be better than expected by not just me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

You forgot to add that al gore just sold his TV station to al-jazeera

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.....do you think young Ben keeps his job? Will the ones who have been defending on here admit he's not a good GM?

I mean, come on. We have essentially the same payroll we did in 2012 without the likes of Agon, C. Ross,  Beckett and Crawford, who have been replaced with average players. Does anyone honestly think this team as constructed can actually compete for a post-season berth?

I'll admit the BP is better, but except for a closer, the BP was pretty darn good last year. Ryan Dempster does not improve the SP. Morales would do just as good a job, or Padilla for that matter. Everyone is banking on Lester and Buchholz returning to form, and Lackey (who has never really proved his worth) to be effective.

Is John Farrell to be the savior? His two years in Toronto didn't bear a lot of fruit and his handling of the Escobar incident suggest he's much like Francona in the discipline arena.

I think there are many on here who see this roster as a reflection of 2004. Dirt-dogs that will rise to the occassion. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

[/QUOTE]

You just can't wait to see Charrington fail, can you?

Those 31 games Crawford put in, before his arm gave out, convinced you he was turning it around?

Talk about weak...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My crystal ball broke a few weeks ago, so i can't tell the Sox future. But i am getting visions in my morning coffee. The words spell out "time will tell".

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I asked four simple questions yet no one will answer them. Here's a recap:

Post-Season

1) Will young Ben keep his job?

2) Will those defending him admit he's not a good GM?

Pre-Season

3) Can this 2013 team compete for a post-season berth?

4) Is Farrell the savior?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

I asked four simple questions yet no one will answer them. Here's a recap:

Post-Season

1) Will young Ben keep his job?

2) Will those defending him admit he's not a good GM?

Pre-Season

3) Can this 2013 team compete for a post-season berth?

4) Is Farrell the savior?

[/QUOTE]

Probably because it's still January.

Why does anyone have to admit he's not a GM?

You believing you're smarter than he is, isn't a good enough reason, sorry.

But, I understant that it's never too early for some good hand-wringing for some...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those 31 games Crawford put in, before his arm gave out, convinced you he was turning it around?

Talk about weak...

[/QUOTE]

He already has failed by not doing what he should have done. Everyone praised him for getting rid of bloated contracts so he could have money to spend on some young talent and make the team better. Instead, he invested it in a bunch of average ballplayers, and did nothing to address the real problem, the rotation, unless you think a .500 pitcher with a 1.43 WHIP is an improvement. Dempster will get hammered.

Crawford had elbow problems but could still play. he was shut down to do the deal but his bat was starting to come around.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talk about weak...

[/QUOTE]

He already has failed by not doing what he should have done. Everyone praised him for getting rid of bloated contracts so he could have money to spend on some young talent and make the team better. Instead, he invested it in a bunch of average ballplayers, and did nothing to address the real problem, the rotation, unless you think a .500 pitcher with a 1.43 WHIP is an improvement. Dempster will get hammered.

Crawford had elbow problems but could still play. he was shut down to do the deal but his bat was starting to come around.

[/QUOTE]
    "Starting to come around.." LOL!!

They haven't played a single game, so you have no clue, as to whether this strategy has failed or not.

You want to pretend otherwise, knock yourself out.

Everyone here knows that if the Sox signed Greinke and he melted down, you'd be first in line to pizz and moan about it.

I know it won't keep you whining, it's what you do best.

But, I'm perfectly happy to wait and see what happens on the field, before I get anywhere near Basher Bandwagon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I like to imagine that Ike is his avatar and is making that jerky face when he posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Ben's job is to get Luchino's Coffee.  As long as he gets it the way Luchino wants it, he keeps his job.  Unless of course Luchino's meddling in the team is so bad that he once again needs a fall guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same management, same massive payroll.

Obama, according to OMB, is implrementing nearly 2 trillion dollars in spending increases. His plan to make all people wards of the State is moving at record pace.

Oh, and the "middle class" and "the poor" will be paying a lot more taxes because of the fine work that Obama is doing. It won't be just "the rich", it's going to be every wage earner.

Obama's still working on all  the problems that Bush caused, and more spending is needed to get the economy back on track. It's working wonderfully, as the American people have never been in better financial condition. The currency is strong, wind and solar power have dropped the demand for petroleum. People are eating and living healthy. Less people are smoking due to federal Ad Council and great leadership.

The next step is to get American jobs back by being loyal to unions, who provide families with a means to earn a decent standard of living.

And the war on women has been stopped. Obama has insured that women will have birth control pills, even if they are poor and unable to afford a government abortion.

Al Quieda is just a shell of it's former self, and Obama has them on the run.

Obama has gotten us out of the illegal war in Iraq, where the American people were lied to so that oil comapnies could make billons.

Obama has won the war in Afghanastan, and is making sure our troops are coming home to peace and a vibrant American economy.

Obama has made sure that marriage rights are not denied to persons who are born gay and lesbian and don't have civil rights.

Obama has put an end to Wall Street corruption.

Obama has worked together with Warren Buffet to get the rich to "pay a little more since they can afford it". This has solved the fiscal cliff problem and improved the morale of the exploited masses of poor and middle class people.

America is now, for the first time since Carter and Clinton, respected by Russia, Iran and all members of the United Nations.

The Middle East is on the road to peace by virtue of a Palestinian State and fairness and civil rights to people without a Country.

The tax code has been made fairer, and not just a loophole for the rich.

Hispanics now feel welcome and can now come out of the shadows without fear of being prosecuted for seeking freedom and food and housing and healthcare for their familes.

More money will be spent on education to insure that American workers are no longer untrained for high technology and science jobs that the prior budget wasn't large enough to provide educaitonal grants for the next Jobs and Gates. This money will not be spent on big corporate welfare anymore, it will go to our teachers and children.

"Dont Ask and Don't Tell" has been replaced by "Don't Ask and don't tell but I can Tell you about my same-sex sexual proclvities if if I want to." 

All the public policy discrimination from the founding fathers and stupid old white males has been replaced by an enlightened and progressive polcy from the brilliant, fair, wise and capable leadership of an America where all good men, women, gays and lesbians can finally be proud of iinstead of ashamed of.

As close as the popular vote was, isn't it wonderful that there were enough smart people who picked the right leader. Thankfully, we won't be going back to the days of the racism and bigotry and opression of the poor.

Best of all, Muslim hate video makers are in prison where they belong, and the wester and American bigotry towards Muslims has been confronted by leadreship that makes an apology for Muslim hate videos from gun and bible clinging bigots.

And, I'm proud to be an American,

where at least I know I won't starve,

and I'm proud to be a Ward of the State,

because Obama gave food, housing, education, healthcare and dignity to me,

and I'll gladly stand up and protest the wars,

and defend my entitlements today,

because there aint no doubt,

I love this place,

Obama blessed the U.S.A! 

[/QUOTE]  i JUST HEARD THAT "SOLANDRA" WILL BE BUYING THE RED SOX FROM JOHN HENRY & CO.     NOW, THATS A "WOW" !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I may have complained about Beckett, but only because of his lack of effort. I never complained about Agon, in fact gave him nothing but praise which was deserved. I started to come around on Crawford as he started to produce and thought he would be an asset this year. Ross proved to be better than expected by not just me.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe I confused you with ADG, sorry.   But my point is those four 2012 seasons will not be hard to replace.

Gomes<> Ross

Dempster>Beckett

Victorino> Crawford

Napol<>Agon

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Obama, according to OMB, is implrementing nearly 2 trillion dollars in spending increases. His plan to make all people wards of the State is moving at record pace.

Oh, and the "middle class" and "the poor" will be paying a lot more taxes because of the fine work that Obama is doing. It won't be just "the rich", it's going to be every wage earner.

Obama's still working on all  the problems that Bush caused, and more spending is needed to get the economy back on track. It's working wonderfully, as the American people have never been in better financial condition. The currency is strong, wind and solar power have dropped the demand for petroleum. People are eating and living healthy. Less people are smoking due to federal Ad Council and great leadership.

The next step is to get American jobs back by being loyal to unions, who provide families with a means to earn a decent standard of living.

And the war on women has been stopped. Obama has insured that women will have birth control pills, even if they are poor and unable to afford a government abortion.

Obama has gotten us out of the illegal war in Iraq, where the American people were lied to so that oil comapnies could make billons.

Obama has won the war in Afghanastan, and is making sure our troops are coming home to peace and a vibrant American economy.

Obama has made sure that marriage rights are not denied to persons who are born gay and lesbian and don't have civil rights.

Obama has worked together with Warren Buffet to get the rich to "pay a little more since they can afford it". This has solved the fiscal cliff problem and improved the morale of the exploited masses of poor and middle class people.

America is now, for the first time since Carter and Clinton, respected by Russia, Iran and all members of the United Nations.

The Middle East is on the road to peace by virtue of a Palestinian State and fairness and civil rights to people without a Country.

Hispanics now feel welcome and can now come out of the shadows without fear of being prosecuted for seeking freedom and food and housing and healthcare for their familes.

More money will be spent on education to insure that American workers are no longer untrained for high technology and science jobs that the prior budget wasn't large enough to provide educaitonal grants for the next Jobs and Gates. This money will not be spent on big corporate welfare anymore, it will go to our teachers and children.

"Dont Ask and Don't Tell" has been replaced by "Don't Ask and don't tell but I can Tell you about my same-sex sexual proclvities if if I want to." 

All the public policy discrimination from the founding fathers and stupid old white males has been replaced by an enlightened and progressive polcy from the brilliant, fair, wise and capable leadership of an America where all good men, women, gays and lesbians can finally be proud of iinstead of ashamed of.

As close as the popular vote was, isn't it wonderful that there were enough smart people who picked the right leader. Thankfully, we won't be going back to the days of the racism and bigotry and opression of the poor.

Best of all, Muslim hate video makers are in prison where they belong, and the wester and American bigotry towards Muslims has been confronted by leadreship that makes an apology for Muslim hate videos from gun and bible clinging bigots.

I love this place,

Obama blessed the U.S.A! 

[/QUOTE]

It is spelled Afghanistan.

You really need to take your time with this kind of thing and read up on your subjects.  It is hard to take you seriously otherwise.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

B-R 2012 WAR:             Crawford 0.4     Victorino 2.4             Beckett -1.1 0.6  for LA Dempster 2.4             Agon 2.5 0.7  for LA Napoli 1.4             C Ross 1.6     Gomes 1.6    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I love this place,

Obama blessed the U.S.A! 

[/QUOTE]

It is spelled Afghanistan.

You really need to take your time with this kind of thing and read up on your subjects.  It is hard to take you seriously otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, Bill keeps talking about "Solandra."

Sections
Shortcuts