If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re: If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer?

In Response to Re: If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer? : Doubt they would do it. Aceves is already pissed off, dont need to add Bard to the list. Not to mention, they passed over Aceves in favor of Bard, then tell him they're putting Bard back in the pen over him, to add insult to injury.  As cowards mentioned, with the April schedule, they may be able to get away with a 4 man rotation with a few spot starts from Aceves, until Cook is stretched out. Can never have too much pitching. Never.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

IF Aceves sees being the closer as a promotion (and I should hope he would), then he should be given the job, along with assurance that if he is stellar there that even when Bailey gets back he (Aceves) will get the lion's share of save opportunities.  Otherwise, I predict very bad things from Aceves.  We are going to see the pitcher the Yankees let go (they let him go as much for his attitude as his back issues).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I like Padilla as closer. He always seems to pitch well in his first inning of work. He's got fire, an attitude, and a heck of an eephus pitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer?:
    [QUOTE]I like Padilla as closer. He always seems to pitch well in his first inning of work. He's got fire, an attitude, and a heck of an eephus pitch.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

idk much about padilla except that he has a reputation for being locker room cancer

what the hell is an eephus pitch anyway?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

I say our offense needs to kick it up a notch and take the pressure off of our very thin pitching staff.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to If Andrew Bailey misses extended time, who should be the Sox closer?:
    [QUOTE]Alfredo Aceves Daniel Bard Mark Melancon Closer by committee
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Pedro Martinez......Couldn't do any worse then the clowns we have now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I guess they will go with Melancon since Aceves can pitch multiple innings. Note: Last year , Papelbon had three blown saves, the third one coming on the final day. How likely is it that we can expect only three blown saves this year?  Might have three before April is over.  Papelbon will be sorely missed.